Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfcrory

Who do you want Jan 18

Inn on agreement with many on here about not needing anyone this window ( unless a big hitter leaves) but I do think we should get a jump on the summer signings. There are some cracking players available on pre contracts just now and I don' see the harm in floating a few contracts in front of them just now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Inn on agreement with many on here about not needing anyone this window ( unless a big hitter leaves) but I do think we should get a jump on the summer signings. There are some cracking players available on pre contracts just now and I don' see the harm in floating a few contracts in front of them just now.

Can you name a few please?

Just so that your suggestions can be pulled apart on here! :D

• Like 2

Ben Arfa - PSG 

Jack Wishire - Arsenal

Bernard - Donestk

Max Meyer - shalke 

Milan Badalj - Florentina 

Oguzhan Ozyakup - Besiktas

Leo Dubois - Nantes

Ivan Marcano - Porto

Stefan De Vrij - Lazio

A few seemingly unrealistic names there but I don' think it could hurt to through some money at them before the world cup starts and see what sticks.

42 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Can you name a few please?

Just so that your suggestions can be pulled apart on here! :D

On 1/24/2018 at 19:42, Samilktray said:

Its always amusing when people suggest these kinds of players 

I don't actually think it's that far fetched for a few reasons.

1. Ajax pay peanuts, and we could easily afford to bid for him - he's valued in between 30m and 45m.

2. The big clubs that will look at him, will either buy him then loan him out or not go for him, because they're not sure - scoring goals in Holland isn't much of a bench mark.

3. We could easily afford his wages, and he'd get game time here.

It's pushing it certainly as he's one of the hottest talents in Europe and an Adidas poster boy (who are making our kit next year, if rumours are to be believed). We're currently 7th in the Premier league, I honestly don't think it's out of our reach.

Dortmund are in pole position to sign him if reports are to be believed, and on a financial level we could compete, and if we get in the Europa league then who knows.

Hardly a laughable suggestion IMHO.

Ziyech to replace Mahrez in the summer would be decent.

Edited by Abrasive fox

On 24 January 2018 at 12:00, sphericalfox said:

Ship out Slim, and break the bank for Richarlison

Now this intrigues me - he's obviously not yet the finished article and can go from the sublime to the sketchy but what do you think he'd cost?

I'd certainly be interested in adding him to the squad but as what, another number 9 or part of a forward 3?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

1. Ajax pay peanuts, and we could easily afford to bid for him - he's valued in between 30m and 45m.

2. The big clubs that will look at him, will either buy him then loan him out or not go for him, because they're not sure - scoring goals in Holland isn't much of a bench mark.

It's pushing it certainly as he's one of the hottest talents in Europe and an Adidas poster boy (who are making our kit next year, if rumours are to be believed). We're currently 7th in the Premier league, I honestly don't think it's out of our reach.

Dortmund are in pole position to sign him if reports are to be believed, and on a financial level we could compete, and if we get in the Europa league then who knows.

They might pay peanuts but their business model is to make a fortune, and i've not doubt they'll do that with him

Dortmund may be in the driving seat but it's the likes of Real and PSG that really want him

I do know two things from him as fact though;

1) He absolutely worships Kasper

2) He hates it when he doesn't play.... believe it or not he actually struggled to start under Ajax former manager (probably why they sacked him!)

So yes there's probably a slim chance, but my 'no chance' was really more in reference to the fact that even if we signed him he'd be ours for no more than a season.

Oh and forget Ziyech, he infuriated me when I went to watch them at Christmas... it's David Neres we want as a Mahrez replacement! 

Edited by AjcW

31 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

We already have Iheanacho as the up and coming striker.

Both he and Dolberg are finishers, who offer similar abilities on the ball.

We wouldn't even be able to guarantee Dolberg regular football.

44 minutes ago, AjcW said:

They might pay peanuts but their business model is to make a fortune, and i've not doubt they'll do that with him

Dortmund may be in the driving seat but it's the likes of Real and PSG that really want him

I do know two things from him as fact though;

1) He absolutely worships Kasper

2) He hates it when he doesn't play.... believe it or not he actually struggled to start under Ajax former manager (probably why they sacked him!)

So yes there's probably a slim chance, but my 'no chance' was really more in reference to the fact that even if we signed him he'd be ours for no more than a season.

Oh and forget Ziyech, he infuriated me when I went to watch them at Christmas... it's David Neres we want as a Mahrez replacement! 

Yeah thats fair, wed have him for a couple of seasons, but WHAT SEASONS THEY WOULD BE!

42 minutes ago, shen said:

We already have Iheanacho as the up and coming striker.

Both he and Dolberg are finishers, who offer similar abilities on the ball.

We wouldn't even be able to guarantee Dolberg regular football.

I reckon hed play mate, he holds the ball up well and Vardy isnt getting any younger, could play with or behind, and he lools like theres more to his game than Nacho. Strong, good link up play and holds the ball up well.

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Now this intrigues me - he's obviously not yet the finished article and can go from the sublime to the sketchy but what do you think he'd cost?

I'd certainly be interested in adding him to the squad but as what, another number 9 or part of a forward 3?

I think he can play anywhere in a forward 3, but better on the left. What I've seen of him, whilst rough around the edges, is immense. This lad is going to be some player if under the right tutelage. If we are going to shake off the hoof tactic from our arsenal then this lad is a huge step towards that if Slim goes. We've not been linked with him, and neither has he been linked with any other clubs. Now is a good time for an ambitious swoop? Bought for £22m I think, double it up, but sell Slim; not loan.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Until a fortnight ago it looked like new balance would be making the kit 

18 hours ago, Lcfcrory said:

Unrealistic one I know but Atletico want to get rid of carrasco on loan and no ones shown any interest so far, worth an offer?

Don't know if it is that unrealistic since they want to get rid and have done for a while. Bizarre as he's an excellent player and a grafter so suits Atletico.