Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vulpine Victor

Pione Sisto.

22 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

A million times better than Schlupp. He has been one of the top 5 assisters in La Liga for the past two seasons. He has 10 La Liga Assists this season.

Gerimin Rudders.

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

tbf forgot about good old marc lollol  i mean flair creative i suppose.. Gray isnt the answer for me (yet/maybe)

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are albrighton's assists not as important or valid as Mahrez?

Just now, FIF said:

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are albrighton's assists not as important or valid as Mahrez?

well it doesnt take an idiot to work out albrighton isn't a game changer like Mahrez - thats all i meant.

Like i really like Albrighton its not a critique and i am a fan but unless Mahrez is playing do you honestly look to Albrighton and say hes gonna do something magic soon and win us this game by himself?

My point ultimately is if we lose mahrez then that is the sort of playing we need again.

I think Albrighton is so underrated. If he was playing for West Brom he'd have far more assists than Riyad. as it is he has the same number yet is derised.

Sisto is a player that I think could be a nice young and inexpensive replacement for Mahrez when he leaves. He's of a similar mold to Eriksen and plays on the same national team so he is getting that experience. Also he was one of the key players for Denmark in their WC Qualifiers. I also saw him when Celta played United in the Europa League and he created a ton of chances, the only problem is they have Garbage strikers like Guidetti.

Also sisto seems like a very "Puel Signing".

Edited by TheHitman™

12 minutes ago, FIF said:

I think Albrighton is so underrated. If he was playing for West Brom he'd have far more assists than Riyad. as it is he has the same number yet is derised.

Tbf Riyad would have a lot more if people didn’t keep wasting the chances he crafted. Or incompetent officials didn’t keep flagging for offside when it isn’t.

30 minutes ago, FIF said:

Whilst Albrighton is clearly underrated, he has definitely improved under Puel / in Puel's system. In both of the last two seasons he has scored 2 goals and had 6 assists in premier league games. This season after 22 games played, he already has the same total. So given that he's likely to have his best ever total for the club, I think you can say he has become more effective recently, as we've clearly seen on the pitch. The new system gives more chances and opportunities to Mahrez, Albrighton and Gray.

And whilst it's true that he doesn't get the praise that Mahrez gets, I don't think there are many fans who don't appreciate what Marc does for us. Those that see him play every week know how important he is to the team!

4 hours ago, somebum said:

Another one. Fast in leg, slow in head. No thanks

He's an instinctive player. His game has developed a lot at Celta and I believe his awareness will only improve. He's the type who will assist more than score himself.

Whenever I've seen him play and in interviews, he comes across as a sensitive but confident lad, who's visibly taking more and more responsibility with time.

3 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Seen him play once, against Ireland. He was dross, just reminded me of Musa.

He provided the key moment that burst Ireland's bubble in Dublin. Just like any flair player he will either shine at moments or look dross.

2 hours ago, TheHitman™ said:

While inconsistent he is much better than Gray.

Not really sure about that statement. Think they're about the same level currently.

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

Question.

if mahrez was not playing and this guy was in the 11 would we create at least one chance or look like an attacking threat? 

Cause we dont without him atm

Sisto blows hot and cold. At times he will likely destroy the opposition and other times he will lose the ball with every dribble attempt.

He was used to dominating fullbacks in Denmark and has obviously found out things aren't as easy in Spain or in international football.

He'd need time to adapt to English football for sure.

50 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

Sisto is a player that I think could be a nice young and inexpensive replacement for Mahrez when he leaves. He's of a similar mold to Eriksen and plays on the same national team so he is getting that experience. Also he was one of the key players for Denmark in their WC Qualifiers. I also saw him when Celta played United in the Europa League and he created a ton of chances, the only problem is they have Garbage strikers like Guidetti.

Also sisto seems like a very "Puel Signing".

Eriksen and Sisto are technical players, but really, I would say they're world's apart and not worthy of comparison.

Wouldn't say he was key to our WC qualifiers either, he was in and out of the team and put in several indifferent/poor performances. He's mainly in the team because we desperately lack any kind of flair.

He's one with potential who could flourish, so you might be right about him being a "Puel type", but much would depend on whether he could adjust to the physical demands of English football.

5 minutes ago, shen said:

He's an instinctive player. His game has developed a lot at Celta and I believe his awareness will only improve. He's the type who will assist more than score himself.

Whenever I've seen him play and in interviews, he comes across as a sensitive but confident lad, who's visibly taking more and more responsibility with time.

He provided the key moment that burst Ireland's bubble in Dublin. Just like any flair player he will either shine at moments or look dross.

Not really sure about that statement. Think they're about the same level currently.

Sisto blows hot and cold. At times he will likely destroy the opposition and other times he will lose the ball with every dribble attempt.

He was used to dominating fullbacks in Denmark and has obviously found out things aren't as easy in Spain or in international football.

He'd need time to adapt to English football for sure.

We need players with brains

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Tbf Riyad would have a lot more if people didn’t keep wasting the chances he crafted. Or incompetent officials didn’t keep flagging for offside when it isn’t.

Who wouldn't?

11 minutes ago, somebum said:

It's like if the Torries did football recruitment lol 

'jolly good just find me the ones with brains, none of that personality or common sense nonsense, just good old oxbrige brains!'

4 minutes ago, somebum said:

Yes. But preferably the whole package, I'd say. No point in having the brains if your body is unable to execute it.

And since these don't come by cheaply for a team like ours, you will have to develop players that are a bit raw in areas.

Sisto, like Gray, has potential. To me he just seems a bit more level-headed than our Demmy.