Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vulpine Victor

Pione Sisto.

Just an article but he looks a lot more promising than most suggestions.

Leicester City will look back at the past eighteen months with great regret, having seen title-winning boss Claudio Ranieri depart the club in acrimonious circumstances, and Craig Shakespeare fail to build upon the success of the Italian boss.

New boss Claude Puel appears to have the Foxes back on track, and has become a popular figure among fans here at The Transfer Tavern in recent months. The former Southampton boss has led the East Midlands tie into the top-half of the table, and Leicester remain in contention for an impressive top-seven finish this term. Our landlord caught up with fans over a late evening pint to discuss the January transfer window, and with the possibility of Riyad Mahrez leaving, who exactly could replace the Algerian winger. Names were touted from across Europe, before discussion centred around Danish winger, Pione Sisto.

Born in Uganda, the 22-year-old has shone in Spain with Celta Vigo since his 2016 move from Midtjylland in his adopted homeland, and currently leads the La Liga assists charts ahead of the likes of Lionel Messi and Sergi Roberto with an impressive nine contributions to goals. The pacy winger opened the scoring for his former side in a 2-1 Europa League success over Manchester United in 2016, with his form in European competition earning him the move to Celta. Sisto – rated at €15m on Transfermarkt – could be available this month should Leicester stump up the fee required to convince the Spaniards to part ways with their star man, although it would take a lot to release the player from his contract halfway through the season.

However, if offers for Mahrez materialise and match the inflated fees becoming a regular feature in British football, then Puel may well land his man. Sisto could evolve into a top-four standard player at The King Power Stadium.

Leicester fans, could Sisto replace Mahrez? Let us know!

Bargain for that amount.

Decent player when I've seen him play in La Liga. 

Can be explosive at times but also a bit wasteful at times. I'd have him here though. If it's a replacement for Mahrez he has some big boots to fill. Potential to do it.

I'm sure Kasper may have a word if we were really in for him. 

39 minutes ago, Vulpine Victor said:

Our landlord caught up with fans over a late evening pint to discuss the January transfer window, and discussion centred around Danish winger, Pione Sisto.

This is genuinely the most tenuous link I've ever seen on Foxestalk, for that reason I really hope it comes through. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

Would love to sign him. Not as replacement for

mahrez but just another member of the squad. 

This. Whether Mahrez goes or not geeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. :D

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We were linked with him before he moved to Celta, we should have snapped him up as he went for something daft like £7 million.

He would likely have turned us down anyway. He wouldn't have been assured first team football here and I believe he wanted to play in Spain. And he probably had one eye on the national team too.

I find he's still very inconsistent and his decision-making and end product are still lacking. That said, I find he's got tendency to do the unorthodox which I quite like.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, shen said:

He would likely have turned us down anyway. He wouldn't have been assured first team football here and I believe he wanted to play in Spain. And he probably had one eye on the national team too.

I find he's still very inconsistent and his decision-making and end product are still lacking. That said, I find he's got tendency to do the unorthodox which I quite like.

Sounds a lot like Gray then?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

If he is better than Schlupp, gerimin, subject to him changing his family name to 'Silva' to speed up shirt printing.

A million times better than Schlupp. He has been one of the top 5 assisters in La Liga for the past two seasons. He has 10 La Liga Assists this season.

Edited by TheHitman™