Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

New Series of Taskmaster?

New Year Special line up announced 

I find Amelia Dimoldenberg absolutely hilarious (appreciate she has a specific persona which can be a bit Marmite...) so I'm happy lol

Reckon Mo Farah will be good, Vorderman will play dumb or just act like it anyway. Not sure what Greg James will be like, and never heard of Rebecca Taylor (Self Esteem) 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I find Amelia Dimoldenberg absolutely hilarious (appreciate she has a specific persona which can be a bit Marmite...) so I'm happy lol

Reckon Mo Farah will be good, Vorderman will play dumb or just act like it anyway. Not sure what Greg James will be like, and never heard of Rebecca Taylor (Self Esteem) 

Never really been a fan of the one off specials. Greg James will probably be the best of the lot, Self Esteem was on House of Games and seemed alright. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/12/2022 at 15:59, StanSP said:

Really, really enjoyed that. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Yeah I thought it was good, despite Greg being more generous than usual. 

Mo farah looked like he didn't know where he was half the time but managed to do well. Wouldn't have minded any of the others in a longer series. 

I like Mo Farah but he always come across as a bit thick lol Did well to win last night though, despite not even knowing what a booby trap was lol

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Yep she seemed a good laugh. 

Loved her army crawl for the pellets task, as well as the Vorderman lean lol

What was it Greg said, she looked like robot that's run out of power? lol

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Bump. Cracking start tonight. Mae may end up the highest scoring contestant ever. Jenny surprisingly hilarious. 

Yeah enjoyed that tonight, didn’t really watch the last couple of seasons properly but that was a great first ep 

On 30/03/2023 at 22:30, Lionator said:

Bump. Cracking start tonight. Mae may end up the highest scoring contestant ever. Jenny surprisingly hilarious. 

On 30/03/2023 at 23:39, Facecloth said:

The final task lol

On 31/03/2023 at 00:18, goody2028 said:

Yeah enjoyed that tonight, didn’t really watch the last couple of seasons properly but that was a great first ep 

Just caught up, but that was a brilliant start.

That sabotagery (is that a word?!) by Ivo, and then the lightning reaction by Kiall was superb. 

And the barge task. 

That was brilliant. For me. 

lol

I'm enjoying this series, even if Jenny Eclair annoys me as she plays the bumbling but kooky and overly hyper Granny. Same with Ivo and his "oh aren't I terribly awful" self deprecating middle class shtick. 

Finally, please stop the entire "perform/choreograph some kind of scene" tasks. They're always painful to watch. 

Those small things aside it's been pretty good with some good task performances. I've liked Mae a lot even though I thought she was a bit bland seeing her on stuff before this show. 

Edited by The Bear

7 hours ago, The Bear said:

I'm enjoying this series, even if Jenny Eclair annoys me as she plays the bumbling but kooky and overly hyper Granny. Same with Ivo and his "oh aren't I terribly awful" self deprecating middle class shtick. 

Finally, please stop the entire "perform/choreograph some kind of scene" tasks. They're always painful to watch. 

Those small things aside it's been pretty good with some good task performances. I've liked Mae a lot even though I thought she was a bit bland seeing her on stuff before this show. 

It's been pointed out before but your Ivo comments belong in the unpopular opinions thread my friend.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

FYI Mae prefers the pronouns they/them:

In their own words:

Screenshot_20230416-075647.thumb.png.3d2cea995019e542a22508dba1dcac8b.png

Use this information as you see fit, I have no intention of being the pronoun police in this thread, it's just the first time I've noticed it. It is also not criticism of anyone unwittingly assuming they follow gender norms. Why wouldn't you? You would only know their preferred pronouns if someone tells you, which is all I'm doing.

I also fully expect to mis-gender them in a later discussion on taskmaster because it is really hard to break decades of social norms, so feel free to call me up on it, just don't be a dick about it.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just finished the first episode of Series 12.   Please tell me Morgana will stay sultry and flirty through the whole series?   Had to feel for poor Victoria sitting next to her in the contrast.   

Guz's psychopath stalking of Alex in the first task was class.   Alan and Desiree seems to be having a whale of time as well- hopefully it will be a great season.  

• Like 1