Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

The "Random Thoughts" Thread

14 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

wellll, thats debatable.... 

There will have been many eggs before a chicken egg... but, did it require a chicken to lay a chicken egg?

No.

Chickens come from many millions of years of evolution. We know that all chickens come from eggs. But the thing that laid the egg that hatched the first animal we know today as a chicken would have been the previous evolution of whatever bird came before chickens. Therefore, the egg came first, but it wasn't laid by a conventional chicken

1 minute ago, TiffToff88 said:

No.

Chickens come from many millions of years of evolution. We know that all chickens come from eggs. But the thing that laid the egg that hatched the first animal we know today as a chicken would have been the previous evolution of whatever bird came before chickens. Therefore, the egg came first, but it wasn't laid by a conventional chicken

Im not sure where i read it..(ill go searching later) I understood there was a theory that the chicken egg had to be laid by a bird, that had already evolved into a chicken, therefore chicken first...but i stand to be corrected.

7 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

No.

4 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Im not sure where i read it..(ill go searching later) I understood there was a theory that the chicken egg had to be laid by a bird, that had already evolved into a chicken, therefore chicken first...but i stand to be corrected.

The question is, 'which came first, the chicken or the egg?', not 'which came first, the chicken or the chicken egg?'.

Whatever bird preceded the bird we know as a 'chicken' would have been an egg-layer (because birds themselves evolved from egg-laying creatures), so clearly, the egg came first.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

How long did it take to discover that we need to cook meats? Imagining loads of cavemen with food poisoning, struggling to figure out why they're ill.

The simple answer is that we didn’t; like other carnivores/omnivores we evolved to eat and digest raw meat (the appendix, though now a redundant organ, had precisely that function). Cooking meat was favoured by natural selection because it allowed us to extract a greater nutritional value from the meat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

How long did it take to discover that we need to cook meats? Imagining loads of cavemen with food poisoning, struggling to figure out why they're ill.

I dunno.

Listen to some of the mugs on here and you're barely allowed to cook a steak anyway. Regardless of how you actually like it.

33 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Who discovered toast? 

Which genius took a bite of bread and thought to themselves: "you know what that needs? F**king cooking again... I want it semi-burnt"

Unreal scenes.

I've often pondered this, along with who fried the first chipped potato.

On 25/10/2018 at 15:21, the fox said:

What kind of method that you suggest "we" should implement in choosing said 50%? 

Make them watch Ian Holloway's entire managerial stint with LCFC on repeat until suicide or boredom do their thing.

Alternatively, for a more speedy conclusion, buy them anything by Ed Sheeran and suitable apparatus to play it on.

On 15/11/2018 at 10:37, Buce said:

The simple answer is that we didn’t; like other carnivores/omnivores we evolved to eat and digest raw meat (the appendix, though now a redundant organ, had precisely that function). Cooking meat was favoured by natural selection because it allowed us to extract a greater nutritional value from the meat. 

Should veggies be answering meaty questions ? ...

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

And if he lived on the outskirts of the City he'd be Suburban Spaceman :thumbup:

I'll get me coat...

But if he converted to Sikhism, would he be Turban Suburban Durban Spaceman?

Surprising what keeps you awake at night. 

• Haha 3