Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

The "Random Thoughts" Thread

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Why do we need 48 hour deodorant?

I had surgery on tuesday  and was told i cannot shower for 3 days ad to not soak the bandages or get the wounds wet. So people like me could use that. The one problem is i had shoulder surgery so cant lift my right arm up to get the deoderant where it needs to be.

Now i just feel like im a dirty whiney man that stinks.

21 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I had surgery on tuesday  and was told i cannot shower for 3 days ad to not soak the bandages or get the wounds wet. So people like me could use that. The one problem is i had shoulder surgery so cant lift my right arm up to get the deoderant where it needs to be.

Hope you are fit and well soon.

5 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Hope you are fit and well soon.

Merci.

Getting there. The hard part is i cant get comfortable in any position when trying to sleep so naturally im not sleeping well at all. Its short term though and each day that passes meams im getting better. Plus with footy on the horizon i have other pain to endure which will take my mind away lol

21 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I feel that's a very niche market for 48 hour deodorant.

Get well soon though.

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I feel that's a very niche market for 48 hour deodorant.

Get well soon though.

What about the saturday club night. Wake up in the morning put some deodorant on and then later that night go out with the lads and pickup a hot lady. Spend the night at her house and all morning flexing muscles. By the time you get back home Sunday its been more than 24 hours.

Btw thanks for the wishes!

Edited by Jattdogg

8 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

What about the saturday club night. Wake up in the morning put some deodorant on and then later that night go out with the lads and pickup a hot lady. Spend the night at her house and all morning flexing muscles. By the time you get back home Sunday its been more than 24 hours.

Btw thanks for the wishes!

I'd no idea Rohypnol lasted that long :D

Edited by Max Wall

38 minutes ago, StanSP said:

in the shower this morning, listening to music. Wondered how many songs I'd listened to in my life so far. No-one will or could ever know. Even I couldn't. 

Ever wonder how much time youve wasted in your whole life taking shits and reading the paper (back when it was more fashionable) or browsing foxestalk.

3 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Ever wonder how much time youve wasted in your whole life taking shits and reading the paper (back when it was more fashionable) or browsing foxestalk.

similar - how many hours/days I've spent on the bog playing Snake or Tetris lol  

• Haha 1

On 29/07/2018 at 13:23, Bert said:

Who decided there would be 7 days in a week? 

I learnt other week that Tories introduce Three Days week in 1974.   I honestly cannot imagine how it was implemented and all chaos that it would brings.   For an example I work in social services and am already hard pushed to complete all of my work so the loss of two working days would be very difficult for me.   Any golden oldies on here who lived through these days can comment on how it was implemented and the impact it has on the society?  

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

in the shower this morning, listening to music. Wondered how many songs I'd listened to in my life so far. No-one will or could ever know. Even I couldn't. 

Interesting thought, there would also be an incredibly large amount of variables to determine it.

How much of a song do you need to hear to constitute that as a song listened to? 5 secs, more than half or the full song?

If you are in a shop and its on in the background but you dont notice it, does it count?

If its barely audible, ie, on someone elses headphones on a bus, does it count?

If you fall asleep when the radio is, do the songs count depending on what state of sleep you are in?

2 hours ago, The Blur said:

I learnt other week that Tories introduce Three Days week in 1974.   I honestly cannot imagine how it was implemented and all chaos that it would brings.   For an example I work in social services and am already hard pushed to complete all of my work so the loss of two working days would be very difficult for me.   Any golden oldies on here who lived through these days can comment on how it was implemented and the impact it has on the society?  

I was only in my early teens but I seem to remember it affected industry more than services. I think it was to do with a fuel shortage and power generation. Could be wrong though. 

Edit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-Day_Week

The Three-Day Week

To reduce electricity consumption, and thus conserve coal stocks, the prime minister, Edward Heath, announced a number of measures on 13 December 1973, including the "Three-Day Work Order", which came into force at midnight on 31 December. Commercial consumption of electricity would be limited to three consecutive days each week.[2] Heath's objectives were business continuity and survival and to avoid further inflation and a currency crisis. Rather than risk a total shutdown, working time was reduced to prolong the life of available fuel stocks. Television broadcasts were to shut-down at 10:30 p.m. each evening, and most pubs were closed; due to the power surges generated at 10:30 p.m., the Central Electricity Generating Board argued for a staggered shutdown on BBC and ITV (alternating nightly), and this was eventually introduced.[5] The television broadcasting restrictions were introduced on 17 December 1973, suspended for the Christmas and New Year period, and lifted on 8 February 1974.[6]

Edited by Buce

57 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Interesting thought, there would also be an incredibly large amount of variables to determine it.

How much of a song do you need to hear to constitute that as a song listened to? 5 secs, more than half or the full song?

If you are in a shop and its on in the background but you dont notice it, does it count?

If its barely audible, ie, on someone elses headphones on a bus, does it count?

If you fall asleep when the radio is, do the songs count depending on what state of sleep you are in?

didn't give it that much thought :P 

I'd say full song, or near enough to.

On in the background or asleep still counts as listening to it, for me.

2 hours ago, The Blur said:

It was mainly industry. Most of our power at the time was generated by coal and the miners were on strike. I only have vague memories of it as I was only about 7 or 8 at the time.

7 minutes ago, browniefox said:

What if it's not global warming, just that the earth is getting gradually closer to the sun? 

Or the sun is getting closer to us !! ...   :o ...    and the moon !!!! 

We need to keep a careful eye on those pair !! ....

• Haha 1