Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

The "Random Thoughts" Thread

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 16:12, Vince Vega said:

Yes.  We need to kill off at least 50% of the world's population to save the planet.  War or another Spanish flu.

Just close to finishing the second book on the 'Black Death' (Bubonic Plague) which I've been reading over last week or so.

Its scarily possible that this sort of thing can happen. Estimates vary, but in the affected areas/states, probably around 40% of the population died, which had obvious long term impacts on ability to work the land, willingness/ability to reproduce etc etc etc.

54 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Just close to finishing the second book on the 'Black Death' (Bubonic Plague) which I've been reading over last week or so.

Its scarily possible that this sort of thing can happen. Estimates vary, but in the affected areas/states, probably around 40% of the population died, which had obvious long term impacts on ability to work the land, willingness/ability to reproduce etc etc etc.

This subjects pops up a lot in a lot of fiction too.  The reality is just as scary too though.  As a planet, we seem to have this 'pyramid scheme' approach where, for each generation, we need more people to support, feed and care for previous generations.  The knock on consequences are a drain of resources, use of more land for housing, more damage to the planet etc.

I watched the (frankly awful) film "Downsizing" the other day. got me thinking that if it was scientifically possible, i would absolutely sign up for it!

Mainly so that i could get a lifetime supply of Makers Mark for £30, but still...

17 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Do vegans give blowjobs? Spunk is a living thing after all....

You should conduct some research. 

Maybe visit 10 vegan restaurants nationwide and in each of them ask 10 different vegans if they'll provide oral satisfaction. You'll need a representative sample by age-group and gender, though.

Please report back with graphics showing % blow job provided, % face slapped, % nose broken and thrown out on the pavement etc.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Random unhappy thought popped into my head today for some reason.

All teams have a small section of dickheads. So envetiably someone, somewhere is going to chant something sick towards us about the helicopter crash in the same manner as a minority Liverpool /Man U fans might use Munich/Hillsborough slurs against each other. I know that if/when it happens that we're better than sinking to their level.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Random unhappy thought popped into my head today for some reason.

All teams have a small section of dickheads. So envetiably someone, somewhere is going to chant something sick towards us about the helicopter crash in the same manner as a minority Liverpool /Man U fans might use Munich/Hillsborough slurs against each other. I know that if/when it happens that we're better than sinking to their level.

Unfortunately I think it will be inevitable at some point.There are some real dickheads that don’t think before engaging mouths and it will also be inevitable that there will be a reaction.

Although that’s exactly what the low lives want.Judging by other teams fantastic support after the disaster,it could well be off their own supporters.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Who came before Adam and Eve?

Assuming you believe such tripe, no one - they were created by God (I believe 'Eve' was created from Adam's rib).

A better question is, where did their sons get their wives?

Edited by Buce

On 08/08/2018 at 22:55, Milo said:

Anyone know why we use 0-60 as a measurement of how fast a car is?

Why not 0-100, or 0-70?

60mph seems a bit of a crap number, you’d have thought 100, or 50 or the maximum speed limit, for example. 

60 mph is the speed limit on most roads isn't it\?

Edited by Max Wall

52 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

The chicken or the egg is an easy one. The egg came first

wellll, thats debatable.... 

There will have been many eggs before a chicken egg... but, did it require a chicken to lay a chicken egg?