Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wizerud

Appleton back to Oxford?

Sorry if this has already been posted. The Mercury is reporting that Appleton is in the frame to return to Oxford as they just sacked the bloke who took over from him. 

I kinda want him to stay. He was very good in his brief role as interim manager for us and with the way football works I’d like to keep him around!

Surely he or Oxford will need to pay compensation (that they can't afford) to get him out of his contract here, as we paid Oxford significant compensation to get him out of his contract there. In either case, think this is lazy journalism, Appleton said when he joined that a PL asst manager job was his stepping stone to board level management or something similar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baldeagle said:

Unless Puel wants rid why would he go it’s a step backwards as far as he’s concerned 

That's what I was thinking: unless either he's not enjoying working with Puel or Claude doesn't really want him here, why leave when he's accruing good top level experience here?

I'd have thought that he'd have already gone if it wasn't working out for either of them, but who knows?

Hopefully just crap speculative journalism, like O'Neill gets linked with LCFC whenever the vacancy comes up, without any substance to the speculation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

That's what I was thinking: unless either he's not enjoying working with Puel or Claude doesn't really want him here, why leave when he's accruing good top level experience here?

I'd have thought that he'd have already gone if it wasn't working out for either of them, but who knows?

Hopefully just crap speculative journalism, like O'Neill gets linked with LCFC whenever the vacancy comes up, without any substance to the speculation.

Appleton spoke well of Puel on Match of the Day two at the weekend so I think they get on 

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Appleton spoke well of Puel on Match of the Day two at the weekend so I think they get on 

Hopefully so, though I don't suppose he'd slag his "line manager" off on national TV even if he didn't rate him! :D

He does usually seems to be alongside him being consulted, though.

Of course, I don't even know whether Appleton is any good. But the fact that we're improving under the Claude regime makes me see such a hypothetical change as unwanted disruption. If it ain't broke and all that...

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

we don't actually know if either of them has managed to say something to the other and been understood !!!

Appleton did allude to some communication issues on MOTD2 yesterday. Seemed a bit shifty whenever asked about LCFC in general, although he probably was just trying to avoid accidentally saying anything he shouldn't lol

11 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Hopefully so, though I don't suppose he'd slag his "line manager" off on national TV even if he didn't rate him! :D

He does usually seems to be alongside him being consulted, though.

Of course, I don't even know whether Appleton is any good. But the fact that we're improving under the Claude regime makes me see such a hypothetical change as unwanted disruption. If it ain't broke and all that...

Yep leave well alone 

45 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

I have to say Foxestalk seems to have more than a few Behavioural Psychologists on here. Always looking for that little snippet or nugget based on someone's stance or conversations on TV. 

:nigel:

I know for a fact there is a Psychology Professor on this board.