Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wizerud

Appleton back to Oxford?

He came here because it was the quickest way of him becoming a manager in the championship after not being given transfer money at Oxford.

He’ll he managing a side in the championship next season no doubt about it. 

He he knows exactly what he’s doing. 

5a663c333787f_CM.JPG.2e591f51ed306fe0e55215ad3700963e.JPG

CP:  Que fais-tu samedi prochain, Michel?

MA: Can you say that in English, mate?

CP: What are you doing this Saturday?

MA: Claude, we’re playing Watford right here.

CP: I need a bouncer for my daughter’s birthday party.  Pascal can handle the touchline with me.

MA: I’m outta here.

• Haha 4

Surely there's no chance of him going. He's building a very reputable CV by staying at Leicester and is learning a thing or two from CP.  He was on MOTD2 Extra this week and I have to say Appleton not only comes across well, but seems a lot more intelligent than his bouncer look suggests!

Stick around for a few seasons and he'll get a good Championship or even Premiership managers job. 

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

5a663c333787f_CM.JPG.2e591f51ed306fe0e55215ad3700963e.JPG

CP:  Que fais-tu samedi prochain, Michel?

MA: Can you say that in English, mate?

CP: What are you doing this Saturday?

MA: Claude, we’re playing Watford right here.

CP: I need a bouncer for my daughter’s birthday party.  Pascal can handle the touchline with me.

MA: I’m outta here.

Do you think they're on a "tu" basis ? Possible but unlikely IMO ?

• Like 2

Surely there can't be any truth to this. It just doesn't make sense.

The key issue for me is AP. Is a '' Footballing Coach '' just like Puel. They both like the passing  and possession game. He could learn a lot from Puel and it seems like they get on well together.

So surely nothing to this.

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Somewhat off topic, but is anyone else worried that Puel could get poached by Arse if Wenger goes at the end of the season?

No, I’d think not. But it’s a strange old world - not something I’m going to lose sleep over buddy.

15 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Surely there's no chance of him going. He's building a very reputable CV by staying at Leicester and is learning a thing or two from CP.  He was on MOTD2 Extra this week and I have to say Appleton not only comes across well, but seems a lot more intelligent than his bouncer look suggests!

Stick around for a few seasons and he'll get a good Championship or even Premiership managers job. 

Depends on how involved he feels, or whether it's another Ranieri / Shakespeare scenario, where allegedly they got slowly sidelined. Puel bought he own man in as well lets not forget.  If Appleton feels like he's not listened to and only there because the club wanted him there, then he might fancy a move back.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AjcW said:

He came here because it was the quickest way of him becoming a manager in the championship after not being given transfer money at Oxford.

He’ll he managing a side in the championship next season no doubt about it. 

He he knows exactly what he’s doing. 

Inclined to agree. He won't get his TV appearances back at Oxford either ;) (thought he was very good on "The Debate" a few weeks ago as well).

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Inclined to agree. He won't get his TV appearances back at Oxford either ;) (thought he was very good on "The Debate" a few weeks ago as well).

I agree. He has a future as a tv pundit if things go sideways.