Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Where’s good for food in the city centre? Not ate there in a while but will be after the game on sat. Was thinking Crafty’s unless there’s any good new places to go?

Sonrisa - Argentinian place 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Where’s good for food in the city centre? Not ate there in a while but will be after the game on sat. Was thinking Crafty’s unless there’s any good new places to go?

What sort of cuisine you got in mind?

If its Burgers you want then Crafty probs the right place you have in mind.

My favourite place for Steak is 1573. However ive recently had Steak and Lounge near bus station recommended to me.

Indian theres millions of options Kayal, Shimlas and Santhi to name but a few all great and all pretty much next to each other.

If you want Italian then Altro Mondo is excellent. 

Afternoon all... wondered if anyone could kindly recommend a decent Leicester pub for away fans this Saturday? Arriving at the train station around midday, so ideally somewhere near there or en route to the ground. Don't mind getting a taxi somewhere a bit further out if it's decent. Not too arsed about it being lively either, I'm getting too old for young lads in North Face jackets chucking beer in the air, rather have a few quiet ales. Won't be in club colours either (if that makes any difference). Cheers all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Castamere85 said:

Afternoon all... wondered if anyone could kindly recommend a decent Leicester pub for away fans this Saturday? Arriving at the train station around midday, so ideally somewhere near there or en route to the ground. Don't mind getting a taxi somewhere a bit further out if it's decent. Not too arsed about it being lively either, I'm getting too old for young lads in North Face jackets chucking beer in the air, rather have a few quiet ales. Won't be in club colours either (if that makes any difference). Cheers all.

Ale Wagon or the Marquis are both 5 minutes from the station

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MalletFox said:

Never been Ale Wagon but agree with the Marquis Wellington, decent ale selection from memory too!

I’m a huge advocate of the Ale Wagon, despite complaining the Blue Boar stinks of old blokes they Ale Wagon does too. However it’s a charming old place with some interesting characters and nice beer.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 17:51, Unabomber said:

King Richard is back open and similar burgers to Crafty, probably not quite as good but if you want a change check it out.

53 minutes ago, Langston said:

Was never struck by Tonne, felt like a huge missed opportunity and I could never put my finger on why.

It was a cargo cult craft beer place. Not much character in there and quite a narrow selection 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Read a post last night how at 9 o'clock The Western had zero customers in. Landlady really making her mark there with the rules she brought with her from The Peel it seems.

It is a shame how far the Western has fallen in recent years. Like many pubs, a succession of landlords over a short period of time usually means a loss in trade of regulars.

I suppose that now many De Montfort uni students live far nearer to their place of study in the new build accommodation there are not so many pass the pub on a regular basis unlike not too long ago when a good proportion lived in the Narborough road area.

I think the only time they are ever going to be busy is on match days & eventually the place will go the same way as the Swan & Rushes & the Brickies.

• 2 weeks later...

99p pints in all of Leicestershire's Wetherspoons for November. 

This isn't good news for the other pubs that are struggling at the moment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/leicestershire-wetherspoons-offer-99p-pints-6130709.amphttps://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/leicestershire-wetherspoons-offer-99p-pints-6130709.amp

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Shame it's Ruddles...used to be a good pint when it was brewed in Rutland!

On 17/10/2021 at 06:42, SemperEadem said:

Read a post last night how at 9 o'clock The Western had zero customers in. Landlady really making her mark there with the rules she brought with her from The Peel it seems.

Is this the lady who was at Robert Peel a couple of years ago? Last time I went was early 2020 and found it a bit draconian. Wanted to pop in for a pint before the Spartak game but previous experiences had put me off somewhat.

• Like 1