Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

28 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Inclined to think that Sky are just making this up, the club certainly wouldn't mention it in case he wasn't sold and I doubt  player would mention it either.

They do seem to know very precise details.

Not many staff would be travelling to an away game, so the amount of people that could leak such a story is small.

Not been present at training, not on coach to everton, and players been upset over it, pretty precise info.

1 minute ago, the fox said:

i was against the 50 million figure all season long, it's just too low.
i see 70 as a fair price tag, we get a good amount of money while not keeping an an happy player.

there is a thing that people seem to brush over. we can't attract any big young talents if this mahrez situastion gets any chaotic, players would go to everton or southampton because those clubs will be prepared to sell them when the time comes.

people think it's all about the "now", if keeping an unhappy mahrez and selling him in the summer for 10-15 million less while painting a negative image of how the club deals with selling one of it's best players, then i have to decline

Yeah I’d take £70m now tbh and be done with it. Don’t need the circus every window

On the flip side to your arguement selling him too cheap would set a precedent that we are pushovers and therefore we’d continue to be lowballed for our players. I think our owners have been fair. He shouldn’t have signed the deal if he had qualms about honouring it

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

last year after a bad season and it's barca we are talking about then i would've been happy with 45 million

Why "because it's barca" does it matter? They either pay the price or don't get him. The same as every club. 

In fact because it was Barca we should hold out for more money. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

Just now, hackneyfoxx said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/912501/Riyad-Mahrez-Arsenal-transfer-news   Express are saying the deal is off - but he still wants to go to Arsenal. Not going to happen.  We donlt know what was said to Riyad - it was reported the club said int he summer if we get 50 million from a champions league club we will let you go and they have now changed the value...  I'd be pissed off.....

Why, its simple economics,

So if you'd  house sell in the summer for 200k and it didn't sell, and then you put up for sale today and the market value has gone up 50% during the meantime!

Would you still sale it for 200K or bump up to 300K? 

He only has himself to blame, if he'd got he finger out last year and had a decent season he would have got his transfer this summer.

22 minutes ago, the fox said:

do you think 70 million isn't at least a fair offer? i don't want to lose him but if i had to choose between 70 million or an off-sync riyad, i would take the 70 million.

what i see it is, there is no "love" between riyad and the owner anymore, the made it clear that they won't lose money to please him so he feels like he doesn't need to play "fair" anymore.

the roma director said that the club blocked his team and barca, i can imagine how angry riyad is by denying him his dream move

70 million is a joke of a fee.

I think you havent even read my posts explaining why, because if you did you would realise it would be poor value for us.

Getting relegated costs even for just one season down around 80 million.

Merit payments from 17th to 7th circa 20 million revenue, for one single season.

Our owners run a multi billion dollar business.

We are the 14th richest club in the world (based on clubs own income).

We play in the richest league in the world.

Its 2018 not 1990, outgoing transfer fees dont rule our transfer budget. I think we struggling to even spend what existing budget we have.  Its hard to get in high quality players who want to play for your club, especially at a reasonable price.

How does this 70million help LCFC?

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Why "because it's barca" does it matter? They either pay the price or don't get him. The same as every club. 

Partly because Barca are not a direct rival and we won't have to play against him, well not unless we qualify for champions league again.

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah I’d take £70m now tbh and be done with it. Don’t need the circus every window

On the flip side to your arguement selling him too cheap would set a precedent that we are pushovers and therefore we’d continue to be lowballed for our players. I think our owners have been fair. He shouldn’t have signed the deal if he had qualms about honouring it

yeah, he only has himself to blame.

think the owners are trying to prove a point that the kante deal was a one off which is a good thing for our profile.

70 million will save face for the club, it's a very good sum of money and the management will make it look like they have no problem letting a player go for the right price. a slow but a great way to build a brand and become a bigger club in the future

Edited by the fox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

Partly because Barca are not a direct rival and we won't have to play against him, well not unless we qualify for champions league again.

But why does that mean who should have caved at 45 million? I know they're not a direct rival but that's a low offer for him 

14 minutes ago, hackneyfoxx said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/912501/Riyad-Mahrez-Arsenal-transfer-news   Express are saying the deal is off - but he still wants to go to Arsenal. Not going to happen.  We donlt know what was said to Riyad - it was reported the club said int he summer if we get 50 million from a champions league club we will let you go and they have now changed the value...  I'd be pissed off.....

That so called gentlemans agreement is just speculation, also never expect anything to happen thats not in writing.

But if we assume the agreement was made, its reasonable for the goalposts to be moved when the market changes. The market has changed significantly.

Also if I owned a football club, and the player found out about a bid before the club told him, I would apply a policy the bid is rejected by the club on the grounds of tapping up.

Edited by Chrysalis

Right im going to bed soon..before getting up for the game in a few hours... im relying on you lot to keep Riyad safe and not let him disapear... if i get up and hes gone, im holding YOU responsible, and youll be for it!

Dont make me come back there!!

What we do need to do is come out like everton and state very clearly, whether or not he goes, that we are now aiming for top 4. It had a huge effect on the players they could sign, that raw ambition being signaled so publicly. I'd like us to do the same.

2 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Isn't this the guy who was responsible for sending the Silva fax? Maybe he'll be working again tonight...

Bang on the money. that's Rudkin's personal assistant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toddybad said:

What we do need to do is come out like everton and state very clearly, whether or not he goes, that we are now aiming for top 4. It had a huge effect on the players they could sign, that raw ambition being signaled so publicly. I'd like us to do the same.

Yeah worked out well for them. Let’s do it!

9 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

They do seem to know very precise details.

Not many staff would be travelling to an away game, so the amount of people that could leak such a story is small.

Not been present at training, not on coach to everton, and players been upset over it, pretty precise info.

The players being pissed with him is a little obvious. Two transfer requests sitting at an airport and now missing training and not traveling. I have been saying if he don't go things could turn toxic in the dressing room.