Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

The one thing that totally get my craw in this this whole ugly episode is Guardiola crying fecking poverty of funds to pay big transfer fees!! I have lost all respect for this guy after hearing him moaning about Man City not having the money to compete  or 80 million to buy a player. You’ve just spunked out in excess of  250 million since you came to Man City to buy the premier League crown.This guy may be a good coach but he’s clearly also a delusional egomaniac as well!!  Sane gets injured ( it happens Pep, that’s football, but no, your first thought is too buy yourself out of the problem) and suddenly he’s crying like a baby. I hope our owners treat his antics with the contempt it deserves. I think  Vichai has the balls to say flat NO and fight back against these kind of tactics. If we give in and sell Mahrez now it sends a horribly wrong signal. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

If you worked at Greggs and Fortnum and Masons deli counter came knocking offering to double your wage, what would you do, stay loyal to Greggs?

People need to stop comparing this to real jobs. Completely different world... 

8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I mean it is different scenarios but as a descriptive example of something a normal person might be able to relate to don't think "ridiculous" is quite the right word?  Too simplified?  Overly black and white?  Maybe.  Ridiculous?  Not really.  In essence it is a decent example of what a "real world" version of the mentalness that is football might look like.  Unless I have misunderstood the word ridiculous? X

I think he has a small brain. It was tongue in cheek but was taken literally. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Sorry but no. A Barcelona or Real Madrid. A Man Utd or Bayern then you may have a point. Man City are only where they are due to oil money and don't fill their stadium half the time they play. Yes they will win the league and he will be joining a more powerful club but they are not on the level of the biggest clubs on the planet. All the money in the world won't make it the dream move he was looking for...

Bit better than Roma though

2 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Wow someone at the independent forgot their cornflakes this morning..

Latest updates

07:49 GMT
Manchester City's late, late move for Riyad Mahrez came out of the blue yesterday, but led to the Manchester City midfielder handing in a transfer request - his second in six months - to try and force a move away from Leicester City.

However, the former Premier League champions are refusing to be bullied into selling the Egyptian, and have turned down THREE offers for Mahrez with the latest registering at £55m.

Some youn sprog, was asked to do a quick report, so the paper was not seen to be missing out on the story......Brilliant:D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

People need to stop taking it so serious. Jesus this is a football forum, we're not all writing for the financial times. You get my drift though surely?? And in the real world would you be tapped up from Greggs to work in Fortnum and Mason?? NO. Next

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fennec-Fox said:

Mancity fans don't really want him... they say: "we don't need him, ..  too inconsistent and doesn't take his defensive duties.. we don't need him we have enough young talented players, save the money"... So I say stop dreaming about 80s and 100sM lollollol

So shouldn't you be spouting you're shite on their forum? 

I can see it now. The owners sat round a table and saying "We'll, the man city fans are saying save the money. We don't really want him" to which vichai is definitely going to respond "Ok sell him for 5 mill" 

Idiot.

Oh for ****s sake!! Can we put a note at the top of every thread page that says Man City were interested in another attacking player before Sane got injured and it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SO WITH THAT!! 

Also Pep was saying he couldn’t afford Alexis as well as Laporte (who he needed) so instead he’s getting Laporte and someone else (probably Riyad) 

Does my nut in, some of the people on here take as much care in crafting their opinions as daily mail journalists! 

Just now, Tommy G said:

People need to stop taking it so serious. Jesus this is a football forum, we're not all writing for the financial times. You get my drift though surely?? And in the real world would you be tapped up from Greggs to work in Fortnum and Mason?? NO. Next

No you wouldn't. Hence why it's different. Which is the point I'm making. 

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

If you worked at Greggs and Fortnum and Masons deli counter came knocking offering to double your wage, what would you do, stay loyal to Greggs?

I couldn't be arsed brown nosing all the kensington clients and F&M -  I bet it would be much more fun at greggs in castle street hinckley... better regulars

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Funny thing is: In a real job you must give notice or lose your months pay.

Should also apply to football!

8 minutes ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Pedantic tosser.

If you don’t understand the meaning then I’d guess

You probably have a second and third team.

Any lifelong fan of any single football team, regardless of status would know exactly what was meant.

Have you not ever been asked the question ‘whose your team?’ 

if so,I’m guessing the dreary droning answer was ‘ well I don’t actually own any team and I do not currently sit on any board of any team. I have no financial investments in any team nor do I intend to. When I was 8 I was once picked for a netball team but I was not made captain so I therefore never considered it to be my team. I once lead a team in orienteering, but endured a mutiny after getting lost. I was often picked last when playing  with my friends so never really felt like I belong to a team never mind owning one.

The A team is the only one I own.

On DVD.”

sarcasm is easy

Evidently not!

14 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I mean it is different scenarios but as a descriptive example of something a normal person might be able to relate to don't think "ridiculous" is quite the right word?  Too simplified?  Overly black and white?  Maybe.  Ridiculous?  Not really.  In essence it is a decent example of what a "real world" version of the mentalness that is football might look like.  Unless I have misunderstood the word ridiculous? X

In defense of Vlad, I would say ridiculous in the way that its not comparable at all to this situation.

Any mutha fucha can work in Greggs. 

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

So one league game, not the fact its window closing time...is more important to the ways of the footballers career descisions. Really!!   

Its not reaaly relevant, but I just like it....

'So you would stay to put the lights out any Systematically run the machines down , if there was a fire'

**** relevant. Entertain me wordsmith.

I get what you are saying.

I also don't blame riyad.

He's made his position clear. It' just an unfortunate development. 

I now hope we can come to an agreement and end this.

Long live diabate and Gray.

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

In what way?  I know the amountsof money are mental but objectively, if a bigger company headhunts you and offers you a huge pay rise and also the chance to play with better players, possibly win the league and Champions League and also work with one of the greatest managers of all time why is it so completely unreasonable to compare to the real world situation?  Just because he gets paid more than any of us could ever imagine it doesn't mean he doesn't want more?  I mean, I would play for Leicester for free but, sadly, Riyad is not a Leicester fan and I cannae blame him if his head is turned.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Guybino said:

Does he really hate it here that much? :(

I don't think so. It's just that the prospect of playing for one of the best teams in the world, with some of the best players and under one of the best managers can turn any players head on.

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

In what way?  I know the amountsof money are mental but objectively, if a bigger company headhunts you and offers you a huge pay rise and also the chance to play with better players, possibly win the league and Champions League and also work with one of the greatest managers of all time why is it so completely unreasonable to compare to the real world situation?  Just because he gets paid more than any of us could ever imagine it doesn't mean he doesn't want more?  I mean, I would play for Leicester for free but, sadly, Riyad is not a Leicester fan and I cannae blame him if his head is turned.

Do they have transfer fees in real jobs?

I have no problem with him leaving to an elite club, and whatever you think of them, Man City are. I’d wish him all the best. 

Problem here is the timing. We can’t replace him so it needs to be a huge bid. Quite surreal thinking £50m is nothing but that’s where we are. 

Also so wish he would conduct himself professionally with all this transfer request shit. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Do they have transfer fees in real jobs?

If someone is headhunted then sometimes the company may have to pay compensation.  I know it is not exactly the same, I just think it's the closest we can get to understanding it.  Us normal folk.  I think my post has been misunderstood.  I was not saying they are exactly the same I was just reacting to someone who used the word "ridiculous" regarding the comparison.  Either way, I hate myself and this forum a little more every day. X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Because the world of football is completely different. Even if I was head hunted the process is very different. Such as there wouldn't be a multi million pound transfer fee. It's not comparable to swapping jobs in the real world. 

But to continue the anology 

I wouldn't be offered a job at the fancy sandwich shop because they're first choice sandwich maker was off sick for a few weeks. I certainly wouldn't move to watch him make sandwiches when he came back whilst not being able to make the sandwiches which I apparently so love making. I'd stay at greggs.