Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

30 minutes ago, MPH said:

Im predicting that he might end up at Real Madrid. They will be desperate to repair the wrongs of this season......

He isn't good enough. Some city fans have even bluer tinted glasses than I do.

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

He isn't good enough. Some city fans have even bluer tinted glasses than I do.

It would be a fair point to say that right now, Man City are a better team than Real Madrid.... and Man City wanted him! It doesnt make sense that he would be good enough for Man City but not for Real Madrid.

Maybe you are thinking of the Real Madrid team of 2-3 years ago

If we win the FA Cup and manage to gain European football, it could tempt him to stay.

However, of course, the Champions League would obviously be his preferred choice.

Shame Puel wasn't appointed at the very start of the season, as I reckon a top-five fimish eouodve been certainly in-reach.

45 minutes ago, MPH said:

It would be a fair point to say that right now, Man City are a better team than Real Madrid.... and Man City wanted him! It doesnt make sense that he would be good enough for Man City but not for Real Madrid.

Maybe you are thinking of the Real Madrid team of 2-3 years ago

Man City wanted him as a stop gap measure in the last 2 days of the window because he was available and other players weren't.

They didn't want him before Sané was injured.

He's just cover for a few games and even then they weren't willing to make a reasonable offer to have him.

In case you didn't notice. No-one made an offer for him during the entire period and only Roma made an offer for him in the summer. Can you even tell me which teams were knocking our door down with offers after he was POTY?

Real Madrid will go for players but RM won't be one of them.

MPH - I can't post again for today - you'll have to wait for tomorrow for any replies.

Edited by Guest

Would rather he goes to Barcelona or Real Madrid than another PL club, as what else does he have to prove that he's been very effective (as a whole, certsinly looking bsck at the PL-winning season)?

He's a very technical player, and hence La Liga may well suit him more.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, FIF said:

Man City wanted him as a stop gap measure in the last 2 days of the window because he was available and other players weren't.

He's just cover for a few games and even then they weren't willing to make a reasonable offer to have him.

In case you didn't notice. No-one made an offer for him during the entire period and only Roma made an offer for him in the summer. Can you even tell me which teams were knocking our door down with offers after he was POTY?

How can you be so sure?

Not all offers get leaked to the press..

Edited by MPH

30 minutes ago, FIF said:

Come on then old wise one. do tell us how you know? you can be so sure there were no other offers?

( my cousin played for Leicester as a first teamer during one of  the Nigel Pearson times and no way were all his offers leaked to the press before he left)

Edited by MPH

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

We should have sold him imo and finally moved on without Mahrez.

The whole thing has become a circus.

I would never want us to sell our best player.

Shame how it's turned out and hindsight is 20/20 but there is no way I'd have been happy with 60m plus a 20 year old who has done okay in Scotland.

Would be happy to sell Riyad for about 70 in the summer and get someone like Zaha in for about 45 and a really solid defence.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

We should have sold him imo and finally moved on without Mahrez.

The whole thing has become a circus.

This...when and if he gets back in the team are we going to see the same player who didn't get his move in the summer last year.....i really hope not.

Edited by PAULCFC

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Yes they did, they wanted him after Sanchez fell through and Pep intimated that they actually tried for him in the summer as well.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Shame how it's turned out and hindsight is 20/20 but there is no way I'd have been happy with 60m plus a 20 year old who has done okay in Scotland.

Wasn't even that apparently, it was £50m plus that lad who they valued at £15m.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Yes they did, they wanted him after Sanchez fell through and Pep intimated that they actually tried for him in the summer as well.

It seems Man City want everyone.

It's always been a case of the top clubs buying players just so the others can have them but Man City are taking it to another level.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

It seems Man City want everyone.

It's always been a case of the top clubs buying players just so the others can have them but Man City are taking it to another level.

Laughable really... my £200m defence isn't enough, I MUST spend another £100m.

I bought a dud £30m keeper, well we'll pretend that didn't happen and just buy another for £40m.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Laughable really... my £200m defence isn't enough, I MUST spend another £100m.

I bought a dud £30m keeper, we'll we'll pretend that didn't happen and just buy another for £40m.

Feel quite sorry for any of their most-promising youth academy players that probably won't be noticed by Guardiola and get shipped out, either on-loan or permanently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Feel quite sorry for any of their most-promising youth academy players that probably won't be noticed by Guardiola and get shipped out, either on-loan or permanently.

A prime example of my opinion of Man City buying players purely so other can't have them and your comment is this Patrick Roberts who is rumoured to be the player who was part of the deal.

Man City bought him from Fulham for £12m, shipped him out on loan to Celtic and now using him as bait as part of a deal for Mahrez. Pathetic.

Edited by Matt

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Part of me wishes Natalie Portman would find me attractive. 

I love her! I was once in a rehearsal room with her and not only is she gorgeous, she's also really nice and down to earth. Smart as a tack too; Harvard grad. I would have ear wigged one of her telephone conversations in the break, but she was speaking fluent French (long before she met her French husband). If only she grew up on Thurnby Lodge, I definitely think we'd have got to know each other and be married now... ;)

• Like 3