Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

7 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I've been reading that Pep never made an official offer this window....more stuff to unsettle us?

https://t.co/P4iUNKmCTl

Everybody knows we were trying but we cannot afford, in this moment, this amount of what they are asking. I understand perfectly.

"We tried to do it in the summertime, we tried to do it now, but like summer, they locked the door and we can go to the summer and holidays.

Edited by chapero82
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'd imagine most of the squad are not in today, definitely not first thing in the morning. Mahrez should be though.

True. Good point.

I totally forgot we played last night after the merry go round of deadline day/this saga.

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

Thanks fot that link chapero82, there are 2 things that really p155 me off there :

1. It's the Star not a journalist in sight, only storytellers...

2, Its worded MAY go back for him in the summer, which, whether said by Pep or not would fuel the fire inside Mahrez and possibly leave him thinking he doesn't need to play well between now and the Summer to help get his fee reduced to help his future employers.

I fcuking hate transfer windows

4 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Man City are at fault here - if they really wanted him since the summer then there is no excuse for only talking money on deadline day,  Numpties.

Perhaps they really wanted to sign him, but the financial fair play regulations (whatever they are) would've been focussing on the club should they've had signed him for the extortionate amount that's placed on his head?

I have no problem with Mahrez leaving as along as we get a market value for his transfer fee. This is crucial.

I am pleased that Mahrez has the option of signing for an elite European team that befits his quality, rather than Roma or Arsenal. He deserves to go on and win trophies.

Man City clearly have the finances to pay a market rate and if they want him enough they will pay it. Mahrez and his agent must remember the obligation is on Man City. They can't expect Leicester to sell cheap, since it would reduce our ability to recruit a replacement and ultimately impact negatively on the club and our fans.

I am pleased that our owners stood firm and respected the club above any single player. It sets a marker for the summer window. I also hope that Mahrez gets on with his game and goes out playing his best football. It would be tragic to see this end in a Berahino-style attempt to reduce his fee by going AWOL.

I will be cheering Mahrez as soon as he sets foot on the pitch. He has been our most creative talent ever. He is awesome and deserves respect once he gets his head back in the zone.

Onwards and upwards!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lionheart10 said:

I was going on the assumption that Pep was being honest in his valuation and not taking the p*ss or he would have come in alot lower and if he thought he was worth more than the £65m I'm sure they would have paid it as I don't think moneey is too much of an issue to them.

Guardiola didn't even really want him though did he. If he had of wanted him he'd be gone. He also wouldn't have left until the day before to start his interest. 

Guardiola didn't value him. That much is obvious 

1 hour ago, Lionheart10 said:

A player is worth what someone will pay for them and Man City thought £65m was his value and I imagine that the best Manager in the world had something to do with that valuation.

Keeping a player who doesn't want to be here is crazy,depending on how he and the other players take it,it could cause a bad atmosphere and affect us for the rest of the season!After the debacle of last summer we should have took the money and moved on without him,he's going to go in the end so start rebuilding now ready for next season.

I think the team and the players know Riyad pretty much inside out, they're professional enough to handle the situation.

And if Riyad has learnt anything from last summer's antics, he'll be the first to want to re-integrate himself into the team - because he can't afford not to.

Danny Murphy, why play Devil's Advocate on behalf on Riyad Mahrez? "He has outgrown Leicester City". Bollocks he has.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42895613

Also quite interesting to read the comments section below, Manchester City fans and some others actually believe we're greedy and that MCFC made a concrete offer when they never did are two highly entertaining trains of thought. But in the end, bollocks nonetheless.

• Like 1

As a club, it seems we have grown up at last. Well done to the owners. It shows serious intent to make this club a top six side and not be bullied either by any player or so-called bigger clubs. I'm very happy with the outcome of all this, the Devil is in the detail.

12717208_608452942640846_3283787161776646340_n.jpg

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

Thanks fot that link chapero82, there are 2 things that really p155 me off there :

1. It's the Star not a journalist in sight, only storytellers...

2, Its worded MAY go back for him in the summer, which, whether said by Pep or not would fuel the fire inside Mahrez and possibly leave him thinking he doesn't need to play well between now and the Summer to help get his fee reduced to help his future employers.

I fcuking hate transfer windows

Pep actually said those words mate in his press conference! 

2 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

What did he say?

That means that last summer they didt bid the 50 mill we wanted

This window they didnt come in until too late and didnt meet the rates that the January transfer window dictates

Next summer he said maybe they will go for him, but do you think that means he will be a target they will aim for at the start of the window?  Perhaps, i'll bet it depends on how he performs the rest of this season and who else is available.  Its possible he will still not be a priority and they wont be going for him first

6 minutes ago, shen said:

I cannot see how our club is in any way at fault here. 

1) Mahrez signed a new contract and got a momentous raise in salary after the PL win. One he arguably didn't live up to the following season. Some 'gentlemans agreement' about allowing Mahrez to leave should an acceptable bid come in is reportedly made (?)

2) Mahrez makes the ill-advised public announcement that he wants to leave, putting our club at disadvantage.

3) Roma (a club Leicester can realistically compete with) make derisory bids in summer and are told to forget it.

4) The whole deadline day airport saga, which might have been allowed by the club superiors, but I somehow doubt it.

5) Man City put in a bid on deadline day mid-season which, in light of recent transfers, is far below a reasonable valuation for a club not needing or wanting to sell and with too little time to sign a replacement.

Only two parties to blame this time and it's Mahrez' self-serving agent and Man City for putting in a late and low bid.

I feel, from reading the story on BBC today where it says the bid for Mahrez was allegedly NOT prompted by the injury to Sané, that Man City have been proper douchebags here. The obvious question is why did they wait until this late to make a bid? The first answer I'd think of is they know Mahrez wants out and they gambled that our club would accept any bid in the region of £50m that we held out for in the summer. Tough luck, it didn't. Man City are not reprimanded for upsetting our player and destabilising the club and we have to deal with a sulking Mahrez who will blame our club for treating him unfairly.

I just hope Puel can convince Mahrez to keep playing the way he has this season as he will undoubtedly be sold in the summer at this rate. His performances have been outstanding and clubs WILL be queueing up to acquire his services.

This is spot on.  There is nothing to add to this.  The situation is not ambiguous.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Do you really want to keep a player who yet again has put a great big v’s up to the club?

What are we achieving by keeping him against his will?

I don't think we should sell our best player for less than he is worth.

Sorry

• Like 1

Who are they referring to? N’golo and Danny Benchwarmer? Pretty sure their transfers went through quite easily. So much rubbish being spouted. 

I’m actually getting pretty sick of Mahrez now. He thinks he’s bigger and better than our great club. Sorry to inform you Riyad, but you’re not. The little shit is taking the piss now. I’m actually looking forward for him to go to Man City and only get a few games in the cups for the rest of his career. T*wat

Edited by Master Fox

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

He spent a whole season sulking last year which resulted in no serious interest in him last summer. Does 5 months of sulking have the same effect now or will clubs like Man City etc be in for him regardless?

Was he sulking last season, the whole team were poor.

17 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/full-statement-released-riyad-mahrez-1149778

full statement from Mharez side. 

Nothing that we didn’t know really. 

However there is some stiring by sayI got that some of his own teammates have said to get out of leicester you have to go to war ?

"This is the fourth transfer window in which Leicester have said they will allow him to leave."

He signed his new contract in August 2016 so that window doesn't count.

Fairly sure that we didn't tell him he could leave this window.

That leaves two windows in 2017.