Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Logic must've passed by this MCFC fan:

Yes, they're both very comparable.

:facepalm:

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/riyad-mahrez.323198/page-466#post-10779689

Arrogant *****. I expected better from them having been where we have been but they are more ****ing deluded than the old money.

Tell them our offer stands and let the player know. We only want people here who want to be here.

Yeah good one. Tell us it stays on the table and we can repeat. **** off with your lowballing. And I think it's pretty obvious that if we gave a shit what Mahrez thinks he'd already be gone.  I'd like to think our owners are rich enough to play who's got the biggest balls to the bitter end. Let him rot in the reserves if he doesn't play ball.

£90m. You forget where we've come from and what we've got behind us. If we don' get relegated we get another £90m. If we sell our best player we get the same price.

Blame the game people. You made this shit and like Chelsea, when you decided to get off the money bus by "only" spending 50m on transfers and 250k per week on wages.

Wankers. **** off

• Like 1

The comments from the Algerian football "fans" on the Thursday Night Live post on the LCFC Facebook page are hilarious and hilariously imbecile.

"Hope you lose all your matches"

"Hope your stadium will be bombed"

"Mahrez has given what Leicester would have never dreamed to accomplish, it's a bit harsh and selfish to deny him his dream."

And calling us greedy in the context with Manchester City, who're trying to buy the league. lol

Yeah, listen.

#freemehrez

Facebook is full of shit and they aren't "fans" anyway. Just fan boys.

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Can't remember the last time The S*N talked sense....

Riyad Mahrez should have no sympathy from fans, Leicester’s owners were right to block his Manchester City move

Algerian striker is apparently 'depressed' at failed switch but he should remember how well he has been treated by the Foxes

To all those sensitive lambs who share his torment, feel his pain and anguish over his failure to manipulate a move to Manchester City.

Stop gnashing your teeth and cease wringing your hands in despair. Remove that horsehair vest.

Why don’t you all congregate outside the King Power tonight, light candles at 26 minutes past midnight (to signify his squad number), join hands and say a silent prayer for Riyad - the poor little rich kid who didn’t get what he wanted?

A couple of quick choruses of Kumbaya, lay your posies of flowers and scrawl a poignant message of hope for Mahrez, a martyr currently stewing in his own misery.

Suddenly Bob Huth’s yer uncle, you’ll feel better about yourself and eventually the pain will ease.

Perhaps the Leicester legend will even turn up in person for a group hug … if he can be bothered!

His attendance record isn’t always guaranteed – and he’s ‘very depressed,’ don’tcha know. We do know.

We know precisely how the anguished Algerian feels because a helpful ‘friend,’ of his (who is absolutely NOT his agent), phoned that national help-line which automatically springs to mind when you are gripped with grief and melancholy.

The Sky Sports News Desk!

“Hi, Jim White here, what’s troubling you my friend? What? My really, really good friend Riyad Mahrez is in full mope-mode? Goodness, gracious me.

“Ach well, a problem shared is a problem halved, so we’ll share his agony with millions of viewers. In the meantime, hide his football boot laces and make sure to lock away any sharp objects, just in case, my friend.”

Pass me the sick-bag.

I don’t remember Riyad being too depressed when he accepted Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha’s gold-nibbed pen to scrawl his signature on a four-year-deal worth more than £100,000-a-week, 18 months ago. In fact I’m sure there was a rather large grin on his face.

As there was when he took delivery of a gleaming new 160mph BMW i8 sports car in Leicester City blue, courtesy of the club’s Thai owners.

They did the decent thing after Leicester’s 5,000-1 shots failed to negotiate a bonus for winning the 2016 Premier League title.

Under strict FA rules Leicester’s owners could not pay out any more than the stipulated contracts, so they compensated their players even though they were under no obligation to do so.

However they felt it was morally right and I don’t recall Riyad handing back his keys to his stylish new toy.

On Wednesday, Leicester’s owners unveiled plans to invest £80million developing a new 180 acre training complex, 12 times bigger than their current one, at a local golf course.

They are even leaving few holes so their players can unwind after training – we are not talking Victorian workhouse owners here!

Yet the Svrivaddhanaprabhas are being painted as pantomime villains for holding back Mahrez’s career, just because Manchester City clicked their fingers and thrust an offer in front of them.

If City really wanted Mahrez, why offer less than the £57m they spent on Atheltic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte, a player they admit is raw and a work in progress?

Why are Leicester out of order for pitching their value at £95m for the man voted the best player in the Premier League in 2016?

The three forwards who won the PFA Player of the Year award prior to Mahrez were Gareth Bale (sold for £80m), Luis Suarez (£65m – damaged goods markdown) and Eden Hazard (currently valued at £150m).

If a rusty Virgil van Dijk is worth £75m, when Phil Coutinho is flogged for £146m, why should Leicester accept £55m plus a player of City’s choice, in exchange for a key player they have invested in?

Mahrez’s stats show he has outperformed Coutinho over the past three seasons and the Barcelona man doesn’t have a title winners’ medal or PFA award in his locker – Mahrez does.

He also has two years left on his lucrative deal, which didn’t come with a release clause, which is a problem for Mahrez’s new agent.

People who whine that Leicester let N’Golo Kante leave conveniently forget they HAD to because he had a £32m release clause in his contract which Chelsea triggered and Leicester were obliged to honour.

Danny Drinkwater? Leicester had good options in midfield and they decided £35m was a fair price at the time.

Now times have changed and Neymar is worth £200m, teenager Kylian Mbappe £166m, Coutinho, £146m, Hazard £150m … or more if the market keeps rising.

Mahrez wants to play in the Champions’ League apparently but doesn’t seem to have the ambition to help push a promising young Leicester make it there again.

I can’t understand the wave of sympathy for Mahrez.

Fox in the box? Back in the day he would have been the Fox in the stocks with Leicester fans queuing up to remind him of his obligations to them, rather than the other way around!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5476126/ryiad-mahrez-should-have-no-sympathy-from-fans-leicesters-owners-were-right-to-block-his-manchester-city-move/

I liked that so much I read it twice !! ....     :)

• Like 3

The comments from the Algerian football "fans" on the Thursday Night Live post on the LCFC Facebook page are hilarious and hilariously imbecile.

"Hope you lose all your matches"

"Hope your stadium will be bombed"

"Mahrez has given what Leicester would have never dreamed to accomplish, it's a bit harsh and selfish to deny him his dream."

And calling us greedy in the context with Manchester City, who're trying to buy the league. lol

Yeah, listen.

#freemehrez

We all know what them f****** can do ...   go f***  emselves ...     :)

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Can't remember the last time The S*N talked sense....

Riyad Mahrez should have no sympathy from fans, Leicester’s owners were right to block his Manchester City move

Algerian striker is apparently 'depressed' at failed switch but he should remember how well he has been treated by the Foxes

To all those sensitive lambs who share his torment, feel his pain and anguish over his failure to manipulate a move to Manchester City.

Stop gnashing your teeth and cease wringing your hands in despair. Remove that horsehair vest.

Why don’t you all congregate outside the King Power tonight, light candles at 26 minutes past midnight (to signify his squad number), join hands and say a silent prayer for Riyad - the poor little rich kid who didn’t get what he wanted?

A couple of quick choruses of Kumbaya, lay your posies of flowers and scrawl a poignant message of hope for Mahrez, a martyr currently stewing in his own misery.

Suddenly Bob Huth’s yer uncle, you’ll feel better about yourself and eventually the pain will ease.

Perhaps the Leicester legend will even turn up in person for a group hug … if he can be bothered!

His attendance record isn’t always guaranteed – and he’s ‘very depressed,’ don’tcha know. We do know.

We know precisely how the anguished Algerian feels because a helpful ‘friend,’ of his (who is absolutely NOT his agent), phoned that national help-line which automatically springs to mind when you are gripped with grief and melancholy.

The Sky Sports News Desk!

“Hi, Jim White here, what’s troubling you my friend? What? My really, really good friend Riyad Mahrez is in full mope-mode? Goodness, gracious me.

“Ach well, a problem shared is a problem halved, so we’ll share his agony with millions of viewers. In the meantime, hide his football boot laces and make sure to lock away any sharp objects, just in case, my friend.”

Pass me the sick-bag.

I don’t remember Riyad being too depressed when he accepted Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha’s gold-nibbed pen to scrawl his signature on a four-year-deal worth more than £100,000-a-week, 18 months ago. In fact I’m sure there was a rather large grin on his face.

As there was when he took delivery of a gleaming new 160mph BMW i8 sports car in Leicester City blue, courtesy of the club’s Thai owners.

They did the decent thing after Leicester’s 5,000-1 shots failed to negotiate a bonus for winning the 2016 Premier League title.

Under strict FA rules Leicester’s owners could not pay out any more than the stipulated contracts, so they compensated their players even though they were under no obligation to do so.

However they felt it was morally right and I don’t recall Riyad handing back his keys to his stylish new toy.

On Wednesday, Leicester’s owners unveiled plans to invest £80million developing a new 180 acre training complex, 12 times bigger than their current one, at a local golf course.

They are even leaving few holes so their players can unwind after training – we are not talking Victorian workhouse owners here!

Yet the Svrivaddhanaprabhas are being painted as pantomime villains for holding back Mahrez’s career, just because Manchester City clicked their fingers and thrust an offer in front of them.

If City really wanted Mahrez, why offer less than the £57m they spent on Atheltic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte, a player they admit is raw and a work in progress?

Why are Leicester out of order for pitching their value at £95m for the man voted the best player in the Premier League in 2016?

The three forwards who won the PFA Player of the Year award prior to Mahrez were Gareth Bale (sold for £80m), Luis Suarez (£65m – damaged goods markdown) and Eden Hazard (currently valued at £150m).

If a rusty Virgil van Dijk is worth £75m, when Phil Coutinho is flogged for £146m, why should Leicester accept £55m plus a player of City’s choice, in exchange for a key player they have invested in?

Mahrez’s stats show he has outperformed Coutinho over the past three seasons and the Barcelona man doesn’t have a title winners’ medal or PFA award in his locker – Mahrez does.

He also has two years left on his lucrative deal, which didn’t come with a release clause, which is a problem for Mahrez’s new agent.

People who whine that Leicester let N’Golo Kante leave conveniently forget they HAD to because he had a £32m release clause in his contract which Chelsea triggered and Leicester were obliged to honour.

Danny Drinkwater? Leicester had good options in midfield and they decided £35m was a fair price at the time.

Now times have changed and Neymar is worth £200m, teenager Kylian Mbappe £166m, Coutinho, £146m, Hazard £150m … or more if the market keeps rising.

Mahrez wants to play in the Champions’ League apparently but doesn’t seem to have the ambition to help push a promising young Leicester make it there again.

I can’t understand the wave of sympathy for Mahrez.

Fox in the box? Back in the day he would have been the Fox in the stocks with Leicester fans queuing up to remind him of his obligations to them, rather than the other way around!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5476126/ryiad-mahrez-should-have-no-sympathy-from-fans-leicesters-owners-were-right-to-block-his-manchester-city-move/

Absolutely spot on, I hope this is in the 'Blue Moon' Forum inbox

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's the complete lack of respect I can't stand. They've got a lot to thank Leicester for with Mahrez. We gave him a platform and he took it. We've helped them have a star player on their hands through the actions we as a club have taken. They're more bothered about him leaving us.

That coin could be easily flipped over.. would we have won the league without him? Would we of had the international recognition?

let them love him. Let them be biased... we mean nothing to them and if that’s the case they should mean nothing to us.  

Quite glad for him in that Algeria have failed to qualify for the Summer World Cup.

Otherwise, he'd be under even greater pressure.

Give Gray a chance to start more, and bench Mahrez in return as punishment imo.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

I don't care what anyone says, City have been utter bastards putting a bid in on deadline day and Mahrez has been a total ****. Regardless, I'm glad the club stood firm and didn't get bullied by either Mahrez or City. If they had bid £60m at the beginning of Jan then fine, we could target a replacement and he would get his dream move that none of us begrudge him. But on deadline day, that is a total joke! Lost alot of respect for City and Pep after this saga and im so glad that we've set a precedence that hopefully other smaller clubs will follow and not get bullied by the big clubs. Mahrez cannot blame the club or the owners for him still being here. Nobody wanted him last summer except roma who put in a ridiculously low bid and nobody has wanted him in January until deadline day where we clearly were never going to sell him. I genuinely don't care if he doesn't play for us again, I'm just  glad the club stood firm and didn't back down! Our club is and always will be bigger than any one player. 

have to love how other fans seem to think we are so wrong in not letting him go, great to see the waythe club as annoyed most people tbh, 

though they clearly dont know all the facts, 

also a ha;f decent article from the sun on us for a change, shocking stuff

Edited by FrankieADZ

6 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

have to love how other fans seem to think we are so wrong in not letting him go, great to see the waythe club as annoyed most people tbh, 

though they clearly dont know all the facts, 

also a ha;f decent article from the sun on us for a change, shocking stuff

Because we sacked Ranieri we get hammered by everyone now, if this was Saints nobody would bat an eyelid. Look at the reaction to us fielding reserve teams in the cup, despite most doing it we got battered. Sacking Shakey we were ruining English football and got slaughtered, against despite about half the league doing the same.

48 minutes ago, FoxesFourLife said:

Man City won't bid for Mahrez in the summer pep wants 4 trophies now they will buy a young talent to rotate for half the price there going to have to pay us. 

100%

In the summer the likes of Neres, Dahlberg, Kluivert all at Ajax become sellable as they've used them for a season or so (their business model) so pep will have his pick!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, FoxesFourLife said:

Man City won't bid for Mahrez in the summer pep wants 4 trophies now they will buy a young talent to rotate for half the price there going to have to pay us. 

Im predicting that he might end up at Real Madrid. They will be desperate to repair the wrongs of this season......

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

Im predicting that he might end up at Real Madrid. They will be desperate to repair the wrongs of this season......

That the stupid thing, the form he was actually starting to show under Puel could very well have got him his dream move to the big two. Especially with all the restructuring going on there... big possibility of Chelsea going for him as well if Hazard goes to Madrid.

• Like 2