Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

A player is worth what someone will pay for them and Man City thought £65m was his value and I imagine that the best Manager in the world had something to do with that valuation.

Keeping a player who doesn't want to be here is crazy,depending on how he and the other players take it,it could cause a bad atmosphere and affect us for the rest of the season!After the debacle of last summer we should have took the money and moved on without him,he's going to go in the end so start rebuilding now ready for next season.

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

As much as he has been a nob and he should really get benched/dropped for a while.........

GET HIM BACK IN THE TEAM I CANNAE DEAL WITH GRAY AND ALBRIGHTON UNTIL THE SUMMER

This club has changed. I’d take loyal players with less talent over these modern day mercenaries 

1 minute ago, Lionheart10 said:

A player is worth what someone will pay for them and Man City thought £65m was his value and I imagine that the best Manager in the world had something to do with that valuation.

Keeping a player who doesn't want to be here is crazy,depending on how he and the other players take it,it could cause a bad atmosphere and affect us for the rest of the season!After the debacle of last summer we should have took the money and moved on without him,he's going to go in the end so start rebuilding now ready for next season.

Oh so because Pep says he’s worth £65m we should instantly sell to him

i agree about your other point on how it’s inevitably going to cause problems but hopefully not for too long

Just now, foxfanazer said:

This club has changed. I’d take loyal players with less talent over these modern day mercenaries 

I have no morals and would sell out immediately to get Mahrez back in the team lol Hard workers with less talent mean we take a tumble down the table. Gray had the perfect chance to make a mark, and a 22 year old we bought from a farmers league seems a better player. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I have no morals and would sell out immediately to get Mahrez back in the team lol Hard workers with less talent mean we take a tumble down the table. Gray had the perfect chance to make a mark, and a 22 year old we bought from a farmers league seems a better player. 

At least you’re honest mate lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

What a load of bollocks, does that mean a Ferrari sat on the forecourt that no one has put an offer on is worth whatever I value it at?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

Except that this offer came in on deadline day because of Sane's injury.  Not like we had time to find a replacement

Its not a cut and dried  'we refused an offer of 65 mill' (including some shit youth player not deemed a prospect for them)

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Oh so because Pep says he’s worth £65m we should instantly sell to him

i agree about your other point on how it’s inevitably going to cause problems but hopefully not for too long

I was going on the assumption that Pep was being honest in his valuation and not taking the p*ss or he would have come in alot lower and if he thought he was worth more than the £65m I'm sure they would have paid it as I don't think moneey is too much of an issue to them.

Just now, Lionheart10 said:

I was going on the assumption that Pep was being honest in his valuation and not taking the p*ss or he would have come in alot lower and if he thought he was worth more than the £65m I'm sure they would have paid it as I don't think moneey is too much of an issue to them.

But I believe that our owners are being honest with their valuation. They will have weighed up what losing a player like Mahrez is worth to them and they clearly feel it’s around the £90m mark. In this case the players worth what the club want to sell him for. In 2 years that will be different 

2 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

What a load of bollocks, does that mean a Ferrari sat on the forecourt that no one has put an offer on is worth whatever I value it at?

Anything is only worth what someone will pay for it,the Ferrari has a market value because it is a tried and tested item you know what you will get consistently every time you driveit,can't say that about Mahrez!

7 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Dunno about you but i just drove past bentley showroom and valued it at £1.50.

1 minute ago, Lionheart10 said:

No. A player is worth what the club he plays for decides his contract is worth. In this case it would be us, and we value Mahrez's contract at 95 million. If Man City aren't willing to meet our valuation then that's their problem, we aren't obligated to sell for anything less than we value him at. Why should we be the only club in the Premier League to sell our players on the cheap when you've got shyte like Van Donut going for 75 million? Coutinho 140 million! There ain't no one gonna convince me that Coutinho is better than Mahrez. In todays market 95 million for a player of Mahrez's calibre is actually pretty cheap. Using their current transfer policy, Man City simply cannot afford Mahrez. And that is entirely their fault, not ours. We've done absolutely nothing wrong and everything right, and if Mahrez wants to act like a child who has been cuddled too much then that is up to him. It's his own career he will be destroying whilst he runs his contract down in the reserves because these owners do not sell on the cheap. Mahrez has got to earn his big move by playing out of his skin in order to get someone to meet that valuation. Bravo Vichai, bravo. 

4 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

Anything is only worth what someone will pay for it,the Ferrari has a market value because it is a tried and tested item you know what you will get consistently every time you driveit,can't say that about Mahrez!

Anything is only what someone will pay for it if you're actually looking to sell, and we're not. He's not got a "For sale" sign around his neck and we haven't been trying to flog him for six months.

There's no "market value" if you're not looking to sell. A collectible item might have a market value of £10,000, but if the owner doesn't want to sell the collectable item you might have to offer them a lot more than the market value to persuade him...

If we back this up and continue not to rollover to big clubs on transfers, its only a positive for me in the long run.

Reason being, when a player signs or us in the future they will do so knowing we aren't push overs. That way we should only have players here who:

a) want to be here 

b) respect their contract

c) know that if they want away they need to approach it in a manner that is acceptable to the club and the player (in terms of time frames, valuation etc.)

IMO this is more likely to bring us stability and maintain morale among like-minded teammates. Perhaps we can demonstrate and even encourage the rest of football that it is possible to stop some of the transfer antics and balance the power again.

This scenario for me is the owners looking very much at the future and not the short term Mahrez pay day.

• Like 2

Just now, coalvillefox said:

Does anyone know where he is yet? Is he likely to turn up for training this morning or is he going to sulk a bit longer?

Can't wait to see the video of him sulking his way across the car park....

• Haha 2

Whether Man City offered 60m or 90m doesn't make any difference now, the issue is, Mahrez was ill advised to hand in a transfer request thinking that would make a difference. He should have sat tight, see if anybody meets our valuation and then move on without any resentment from the club, team or fans. Now saying he won't play for our club again, if the papers are to be believed, has just made it very difficult for Mahrez, nobody else.

What time do players have to turn up to training/when does training start?

I imagine there will be a media presence gathered outside the gates of the training ground and we’ll find out whether he’s turned up shortly?

Edited by Matt

9 hours ago, sylofox said:

Yes let's have a meeting. One thing saying it another doing it. But it will be more his attitude. Previous form says he sulks gets a mardy and acts like a five year old. I so hope I'm wrong.

Let's hope he's not as upset with the club as you are with him

9 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Do we know how he is reacting? 

We have (Sun) comments ffrom a "close Friend" who conceivably doesnt speak english as a first language, who says he is is "depressed" and doesnt understand why he couldnt go.

Ill wait to hear comments from the club and the player and then watch to see how the player performs when on the park in a Leicester shirt.

Im pleased our owners have drawn a line and shown the world we are a serious club, with serious intent.

A much more balanced attitude to take.