Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

New training ground announced

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

All in good time. Building the facilities to host and train elite players to the highest standards gives us a better opportunity to improve further as a club. 

True, as much as I love Belvoir Drive for it's homely feel it did smack of Championship facilities, we need better standard if we are to push up further as a club.

2 hours ago, jamesmilner said:

Those moaning about redundancies must open their eyes that the building and running of such a vast place will create many jobs too !! 

Please think about it ??? 

Thought about it...............

Yes it will create jobs no doubt but I'm not sure how many more than now.

Looks like being a few years off. Not sure how that will help those employees that were locked out and the various weddings and events booked 

• Like 1

Drove past not long ago. Gates are shut but there seemed to be a bit of activity at the golf club building; most likely still clearing their stuff out. It does seem to be a brilliant location - still about a mile from the village (Seagrave) but access to the junction of the A46 away from it; travel between there and the KP shouldn't take too long. Can't see the immediate locals objecting too much - most traffic will avoid the village but they will still benefit from extra trade from staff and visiting journos & industry people.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Drove past not long ago. Gates are shut but there seemed to be a bit of activity at the golf club building; most likely still clearing their stuff out. It does seem to be a brilliant location - still about a mile from the village (Seagrave) but access to the junction of the A46 away from it; travel between there and the KP shouldn't take too long. Can't see the immediate locals objecting too much - most traffic will avoid the village but they will still benefit from extra trade from staff and visiting journos & industry people.

Know the area well.

The players and management team only go to the KP to play games ie once a fortnight or so and travel direct on home match days

I live that side of town as does the Birch so he'll be chuffed. Council and highways dept have done everything within their power to make it a mare getting from north to south and visa versa, or to the M1

1 minute ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Know the area well.

The players and management team only go to the KP to play games ie once a fortnight or so and travel direct on home match days

I live that side of town as does the Birch so he'll be chuffed. Council and highways dept have done everything within their power to make it a mare getting from north to south and visa versa, or to the M1

Does he still reside in Mountsorrel?

One of the main England cricketers lives just off Loughborough.

7 minutes ago, foxgas said:

I don't suppose they will keep the fishing lake open? If they drain it  they will find plenty of golf balls for the players 

I imagine they'll be keeping as much of the golf course as possible, or at least keep some of the 180 acres for recreational purposes for players, staff and possibly villagers depending on how the public consultation goes. They will probably kick up a fuss about the helicopters landing regularly, but to be honest, they live more or less on the flight path for EMA and we very often get Chinooks overhead too. Hopefully shouldn't be too much of an issue.

3 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Thought about it...............

Yes it will create jobs no doubt but I'm not sure how many more than now.

Looks like being a few years off. Not sure how that will help those employees that were locked out and the various weddings and events booked 

its as quick as LCFC can make it . 2 years work worth £80 million and the size of the place needs more staff . they are keeping 9 holes so thats a lot of work in itself . unfortunate to those who lost their jobs but to make such a big plan happen there was bound to be upheaval somewhere . well your thoughts are on the bad side , i will look on the good . 

Still rough on the staff and not to mention 500 plus club members.Sylo - some people do enjoy their jobs and would have liked to stay there.

About half of that course is very steep gradients but that still leaves a good 100 plus acres of  quite level ground .I hope they have been up there in the summer though the smell from adjoining chicken farms on a hot day is overwhelming.with the wind in wrong direction..

No planning though but I would expect it to go through within 18 months.though in Charnwood.

8 hours ago, dynamark said:

Still rough on the staff and not to mention 500 plus club members.Sylo - some people do enjoy their jobs and would have liked to stay there.

About half of that course is very steep gradients but that still leaves a good 100 plus acres of  quite level ground .I hope they have been up there in the summer though the smell from adjoining chicken farms on a hot day is overwhelming.with the wind in wrong direction..

No planning though but I would expect it to go through within 18 months.though in Charnwood.

The players will be happy to see chicken back on the menu though!

Why new £80m training ground is crucial to Leicester City's future

Complex at former golf club in county countryside will be one of best in country

4221396001_5722316909001_5722304776001-vs.jpg?pubId=4221396001&videoId=5722304776001

Claude Puel believes Leicester City’s plans to build a new £80million training ground are crucial for the future of the club.

As revealed by the Mercury this week, City have completed a deal to buy the former Park Hill Golf Club, near Loughborough, and drawn up plans to develop the 180-acre site into one of the best facilities in the country.

City have hired architects who have previously worked on Tottenham’s training ground as well as Liverpool’s stadium extension at Anfield, and Puel said he would be happy to get involved.

The City boss said he had travelled around Europe to help build training facilities at his former clubs Lille, Lyon and Nice.

“In my former clubs, always I build something,” said Puel. “I have a lot of information I can help with this. For me, it is important to have a good understanding between people in a new structure.

Park Hill Golf Club Seagrave
Park Hill Golf Club Seagrave (Image: Chris Gordon)

“For example, before building the training ground at Lille, I travel with people to look at different possibilities, different stadiums, everywhere in Europe: Milan, Bayern Munich, France also, Spain to visit all training grounds to prepare the future of Lille.

“If you visit Lille, it is a fantastic training ground. The new one at Nice is perfect also. I had the luck to work at this training ground one season and every week I was an architect also. If I can give my feeling here, that is no problem.”

Belvoir Drive has housed the current training complex since 1963 and Puel admits that City have now outgrown its current home.

How long it will take for the new complex to be built is still unclear, but it is not expected to be for another few years, depending on the outcomes of the consultation period, planning permission and when City can begin work.

There has also been no decision taken yet on the future of Belvoir Drive.

Park Hill Golf Club Seagrave (Image: google)

“I think it is crucial for the future to have a good structure for the academy, for the professionals, for the staff,” said Puel.

“It is a good development, it is a good feeling that can improve the club without losing the spirit of the training ground.

“We do not have a lot of space now. In the dressing room, we have 20 people changing at the same time with a little place. There is a good feeling between people who have a good relationship and good understanding.

“We need all the space, all the possibility to improve the club, but without losing the quality of the spirit.”

On 31/01/2018 at 09:32, Basingstoke Fox said:

£80M

:nigel:

If we're investing that sort of money into anything then it's great that it's into the infrastructure of the club rather than just blowing it on one or two players and astronomical wages. I'd be interested how they've reached that total figure.

By adding all the bits together? 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Article on the Mercury that I don't think has been linked to on here yet:

Leicester City's new training ground location - everything you need to know

The lowdown on Park Hill Golf Club, the site of City's new multi-million pound training complex

• 06:00, 31 JAN 2018
  • UPDATED13:07, 31 JAN 2018
THE LOCATION OF CITY'S NEW TRAINING GROUND

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • 2SHARES
  •  
Get Daily updates directly to your inbox
+ Subscribe

Leicester City will build their new multi-million pound training base at Park Hill Golf Club after agreeing a deal to purchase the land.

City have been searching for a site for their new training complex since deciding to leave Belvoir Drive, where they have been located for 54 years.

Talks were held to buy Forest Hill Golf Club, in Botcheston, but a £12m City Council covenant derailed plans and the club have now settled on Park Hill.

Here’s everything you need to know about the site for the new training facility.

Follow the latest Leicester City transfer news on Deadline Day

Where is Park Hill?

Park Hill is in the heart of the Charnwood borough countryside, between Seagrave, Thrussington and Sileby, 12 miles north of Belvoir Drive.

Although the site is secluded, it’s accessible by the A46, situated just half a mile off the old Fosse Way.

READ MORE

Leicester City's New Training Facility

How big is the land?

Park Hill covers 180 acres of land, larger than the other potential location, Forest Hill (130 acres), and much greater than City’s current home at Belvoir Drive (15 acres).

How big is the course?

Opened in 1994, the 18-hole par-73 course has a maximum yardage of 7,222, the longest in the county. City may retain some of the holes for players and staff.

Park Hill Golf Club Seagrave (Image: Leicester Mercury)

What will happen to Park Hill’s staff and members?

Staff at Park Hill were made redundant, without warning, on Tuesday, January 16, as the Golf Club announced it was closing its course and clubhouse with immediate effect.

The club was opened for two hours on the morning of Saturday, January 20, for members to collect their belongings and for professionals Matt Ulyett and Matt Whelband to clear the shop’s stock, with a post on Park Hill’s website stating: “Emotions were high with many members in tears over the way the club had been closed.”

Annual events have been cancelled, while engaged couples have been forced to find alternative venues for wedding receptions. Braunstone bride-and-groom-to-be Dawn Ling and Nathan Jeffrey were left distraught after their big day was affected, but their reception has been rescued by Forest Hill , who offered to host the couple’s reception for free.

What will happen to Belvoir Drive?

Construction experts believe the Belvoir Drive compound is worth around £10m and would likely be of interest to housing developers.

However, City may retain the site and convert it to accommodate another arm of the club’s business.

I know the majority of the money will be spent by the club on building the facilities, obviously, but presumably the local council/former business owners will receive some form of fee in the process?

Edited by Wymeswold fox