Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

New training ground announced

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I did wonder but couldn’t be bothered to trawl through the planning application

this training complex will revolutionise our club in the decades centuries to come. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I did wonder but couldn’t be bothered to trawl through the planning application

this training complex will revolutionise our club in the decades to come. 

Just wait to see what they've got planned for the ground and the surrounding areas. We're in such a good place it's unbeliveable 

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Just wait to see what they've got planned for the ground and the surrounding areas. We're in such a good place it's unbeliveable 

You can’t just tease us like that without providing us detailed planning permission documents and artist impressions. It’s just not on. 

• Like 1

From the Leicester Mercury:

'P/18/1269/2 Applicant Leicester City Football Club Ltd. Park Hill Golf Club Park Hill Lane Seagrave Leicestershire LE12 7NG. Demolition of existing buildings and erection of a new football training facility (Sui Generis) comprising grass and artificial turf football pitches.

Multi-use training and ancillary uses building including 30 no. bedrooms for players and dining facilities, indoor training pitch with associated facilities.

Show pitch with 499 seat spectator stand, multi-sports hall building, parents’ pavilion, grounds maintenance buildings; sports turf academy building; security lodge building; 9-hole golf course.

Site plant and energy centre, including combined heat and power plant; landscaping, including shrubs, hedging, trees, ponds, area of hardstanding, lighting and access routes; floodlighting; secure boundary treatments including fencing, lighting and CCTV; and associated access, car parking and other works.'

54 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Pretty sure Holmes park is owned by County FA. I may be corrected but I think John Holmes was long term connected with clubs in Wigston and Oadby back in the day

It is. LCFC put a fair bit of badly needed dosh into improving the facilties; what legalities that entails only the County FA and LCFC will know. 

2 hours ago, dynamark said:

Pretty sure Holmes park is owned by County FA. I may be corrected but I think John Holmes was long term connected with clubs in Wigston and Oadby back in the day

John Holmes was head of the County FA for years.

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Imagine having the best training facilities in the country and then still entrusting the likes of Stowell, Beaglehole and Peake to coach our players. The same muck that were with us in League One. 

Vardy worked his way up from non league. Why not the coaches?

5 minutes ago, Filberts Treat said:

Vardy worked his way up from non league. Why not the coaches?

Nothing wrong with coaches working their way up, but we are a PL club trying to compete with the best in the country and spending millions and millions on new infrastructure, academy and players but the academy coaches and some first team coaches never get improved. Jobs for the boys.