Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

New training ground announced

14 minutes ago, thesilverfox said:

More documents on line. Most notably from Highways England, recommending planning NOT be granted for 3 months until amendments are made.

“My way or the highway”

Edited by urban.spaceman

14 hours ago, thesilverfox said:

More documents on line. Most notably from Highways England, recommending planning NOT be granted for 3 months until amendments are made.

Seems you are correct and lcfc actually failed to submit the highways documents as part of the final submission. If they don't sort that asap. It will miss September's committee meeting. And that will put them back at least 1 month from the off.

The environmental complaints.... What did the site look like before the golf course? How many trees had to be be removed or replaced? How many 3 legged stoats had to be re-homed? Were the golden crested newts all that bothered by errant golf balls flying into their ponds and twatting their kids to death? How much sand was shipped in for the bunkers and where from? How many swallows (European; African swallows are non-migratory) lost access to local coconuts? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 17/07/2018 at 15:54, ramadaone said:

Traffic flows will increase no doubt but it's the fact that it will all come out in big blocks that will be the issue ie after training , after games etc wether that is Academy or first team

The Highway assessment would not have witnessed this sort of vehicle movements because previously it only happened on very rare occassions. Going forward it will be the norm rather than the exception

Waiting to get directly across the junction can take a good while so there are bound to be people who get fed up waiting and take a chance

Sincerely hope a lot of people are wrong when they say it is an accident waiting to happen and that includes myself

Surely a bunch of football players leaving training is much safer than a bunch of fat, drunk, middle aged men that have been stewing in the club bar all day before driving home thinking they're above the law? 

34 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Anything which may prove to be a problem besides the dodgy junction?

Traffic through the village, noise light and air pollution, the effect on wildlife including the golden crested newt, 5000 mature trees being removed, plus a few other objections. 

I think they they just want access to the golf course personally ?

It'd be good if the club could pledge to plant a new tree for each one that has to be cut down. I'd also hope that the newts could be safely accommodated on or close to the site, there must be some sort of precedent for relocating wildlife.

They seem to be the major issues, don't they? Highways problems should be fairly easy to sort out and I bet many of the locals are just NIMBYs.

14 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Well I suppose if the club don't get planning consent they could always sell it off  for 5000 affordable homes. The Seagrave residents will be happy with that, won't they ??

Having read some of the complaints it seems the issue to me is where the entrance is and the fact that Lcfc are not providing anything to the area 

they are also under the assumption of there being a major rise in traffic 

there is also objections to noise and light pollution, now I don’t know the area apart from looking on google maps but the addresses complaining about that are around a mile away from the golf course, from my own experience of living around a mile away from the King Power stadium and also living around a mile away from the Grace Road cricket ground I haven’t heard noise or been affected by thier floodlights in anyway 

I’m not sure how easy this would be not knowing the layout but if they want to continue to complain then if I was Lcfc I would be looking at possibilities of another entrance being created because as of now that is the only thing in the parish of Seagrave the buildings are actually going to be in Sileby 

• Like 1