Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

New training ground announced

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Imagine having the best training facilities in the country and then still entrusting the likes of Stowell, Beaglehole and Peake to coach our players. The same muck that were with us in League One. 

This is something I feel needs to certainly be changed . You just can’t keep  doing the same thing and expect different results especially where the academy is involved 

9 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

Interesting that you reference them being coaches when we were in League 1 and describing them as muck. 

I believe they were also coaching when we won the Premier League and made the Quarter Finals of the Champions League. 

Maybe I'm being a little unfair but it's always mystified me how we've transformed everything except left our academy ran by the same people for more than a decade. I'm pretty sure I know why this has happened and it's stupid. Realistically we need the very best coaches along with the very best facilities to bring in and develop young players that give us the edge on bigger clubs than ours. Right now we're trying to flash our intentions but refuse to look at root level. Our academy is bull shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

More documents up. A few more locals very unhappy...

And you can see why

Absolutely no chance that all the players never mind Academy parents are all going to turn right out of the TG and queue at the A46 and then risk their lives trying to get across it. At least 50% are going to go through Seagrave

Pretty much everyone who knows the junction has said it is an accident waiting to happen so bit unsure why the Club are not being more proactive

Guess the idea of paying £5M to build a roundabout at the junction might be one reason

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

And you can see why

Absolutely no chance that all the players never mind Academy parents are all going to turn right out of the TG and queue at the A46 and then risk their lives trying to get across it. At least 50% are going to go through Seagrave

Pretty much everyone who knows the junction has said it is an accident waiting to happen so bit unsure why the Club are not being more proactive

Guess the idea of paying £5M to build a roundabout at the junction might be one reason

https://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/00991048.pdf

Here's what I think they need to do:

1. Commit to building a big roundabout at our cost (we're about to make a 100% profit on Ahmed ****ing Musa, they can afford it).

2. Put the entrance to the facility on the roundabout.

3. Redesign the whole ****ing thing to suit.

4. Replant all trees at the end nearest to the village to block as much light as possible.

5. Import some giant redwoods if we have to.

6. Find a new home for the golden-crested newt.

7. Ask that Saudi club if they want Leo too.

8. Definitely don't tell the locals about the helicopters.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

https://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/00991048.pdf

Here's what I think they need to do:

1. Commit to building a big roundabout at our cost (we're about to make a 100% profit on Ahmed ****ing Musa, they can afford it).

2. Put the entrance to the facility on the roundabout.

3. Redesign the whole ****ing thing to suit.

4. Replant all trees at the end nearest to the village to block as much light as possible.

5. Import some giant redwoods if we have to.

6. Find a new home for the golden-crested newt.

7. Ask that Saudi club if they want Leo too.

8. Definitely don't tell the locals about the helicopters.  

As someone who lives relatively nearby, gimme the helicopters.

2 hours ago, ramadaone said:

And you can see why

Just for curiosity sakes as I live nowhere near there or have any actual knowledge of this junction  

will Lcfc have more traffic coming in and out then say the previous patrons using the golf course 

If Lcfc are going to be held responsible for the junction then why wasn’t the golf course previously 

• Like 1

They'll have been consulting with Highways on this for a long time, it's their opinion on the road arrangement that matters most.

If highways are happy it's unlikely that the residents' complaints will make that much difference.

8 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Just for curiosity sakes as I live nowhere near there or have any actual knowledge of this junction  

will Lcfc have more traffic coming in and out then say the previous patrons using the golf course 

If Lcfc are going to be held responsible for the junction then why wasn’t the golf course previously 

Very simple, it's ability to pay. The Golf club were struggling hence the sale. We on the other hand can easily afford to pay the 5 million for it. Councils all over the Country will take advantage of opportunity when they can get Businesses to pay for amenities.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

seen this happen in various places over the years (re junctions onto dual carriageways becoming more used) and most common practice is to introduce a lower speed limit and camera system on the dual carriageway. Assuming there isnt one already in place? 

There are cameras on the junction but I can't remember if there's a speed reduction to 50 or not.

15 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Traffic flows will increase no doubt but it's the fact that it will all come out in big blocks that will be the issue ie after training , after games etc wether that is Academy or first team

The Highway assessment would not have witnessed this sort of vehicle movements because previously it only happened on very rare occassions. Going forward it will be the norm rather than the exception

Waiting to get directly across the junction can take a good while so there are bound to be people who get fed up waiting and take a chance

Sincerely hope a lot of people are wrong when they say it is an accident waiting to happen and that includes myself

Can understand any local of Seagrave being concerned that a big increase in traffic - regularly, due to the proposed new training ground -  may result in more pollution to the area, safety concerns due to children being around at the school in the village and the narrow roads potentially causing congestion issues in a rural village that's not really used to such levels of volumes of traffic,

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Can understand any local of Seagrave being concerned that a big increase in traffic - regularly, due to the proposed new training ground -  may result in more pollution to the area, safety concerns due to children being around at the school in the village and the narrow roads potentially causing congestion issues in a rural village that's not really used to such levels of volumes of traffic,

How are people coming to the conclusion that there will be a big increase in traffic? 

How many patrons did the golf club have? 

Edited by jammie82uk
Typo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

How are people coming to the conclusion that there will be a big increase in traffic? 

How many any patrons did the golf club have? 

my thoughts as well. it'll be like a mini rush-hour when players come and go. Golfers is probably similar volume but just spread throughout the day.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StanSP said:

my thoughts as well. it'll be like a mini rush-hour when players come and go. Golfers is probably similar volume but just spread throughout the day.

That's basically what the complaint is; that traffic will be concentrated in the mornings and early evenings, as well as evenings for the academy matches and night matches, and that the club's proposal to have someone on the road directing traffic away from the village is unworkable. Don't disagree to be honest. They should commit to a roundabout with an entrance to the ground coming off it IMO.

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

That's basically what the complaint is; that traffic will be concentrated in the mornings and early evenings, as well as evenings for the academy matches and night matches, and that the club's proposal to have someone on the road directing traffic away from the village is unworkable. Don't disagree to be honest. They should commit to a roundabout with an entrance to the ground coming off it IMO.

wouldn't a roundabout hold up/back up traffic even more?

I don't know what the area looks like to be honest (and cba to look) but would there be enough room or possibility of a filter road off the main road leading in to the training complex?

Lcfc 100% offered to pay for alterations to the junction as part of the planning application.

Highways England said there was no need as that junction actually suffers next to no fatalities. Probably because no one is mental enough to use it too be fair.

I guess highways comments will be added at somepoint to clarify this issue.

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Lcfc 100% offered to pay for alterations to the junction as part of the planning application.

Highways England said there was no need as that junction actually suffers next to no fatalities. Probably because no one is mental enough to use it too be fair.

I guess highways comments will be added at somepoint to clarify this issue.

Ha :D

Don't think they could make it save for traffic heading south other than lights.

U Turn at the Hoby Horse !!

The road junction is fine if you have a brain and a driving licence.Golf club would have been around 500 vehicle movements per day in and out annual average.

Doubt the footy will exceed that.People always moan probably living in new homes on former farmland don't want the unwashed football crowd in the area.

2 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Ha :D

Don't think they could make it save for traffic heading south other than lights.

U Turn at the Hoby Horse !!

Come of at ratcliffe/sielby turn and come back the other way.

4 hours ago, dynamark said:

The road junction is fine if you have a brain and a driving licence.Golf club would have been around 500 vehicle movements per day in and out annual average.

Doubt the footy will exceed that.People always moan probably living in new homes on former farmland don't want the unwashed football crowd in the area.

lol