Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

New training ground announced

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The first thing that springs to mind when I read these documents is what a soul destroying job it must be.

Gray men in gray suits, writing dull as dishwater letters about what to do with a few trout and asking what you are going to do with your piss and shit.

Suicide rates must be staggering in these industries.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What the hell has what other clubs have got to do with it. Most people can live comfortably in a three bed semi... should we ban rich people from buying anything more because it's just showing off!

I do believe the person misses the point on the idea of the training facility being out of proportion...this is exactly the reason why it is being built, so the club can move to a higher level. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

This is the statement in the letter 

Scale and Dominance
I believe the scale of the proposed development is unnecessarily large – driven by what can be afforded rather than what is required. I note that Manchester City – a far larger club in terms of turnover, squad and fan base has a training ground of only 80 acresiii in an urban setting.
The Public Benefits Statement cites Derby County Football club as a similar proposal which has been approved, yet it was reported by the BBC that “[Planning] Officers recommended the proposals be refused”. I also note that the Derby County facility is around half the size of this proposal.
I object to the scale of the proposed development, which is demonstrably out of proportion with the size of training grounds used by other clubs cited in the proposals, and to the dominance and the impact of the proposed site and it’s usage on the immediate area.

"They're only a small club and they don't need such a big facility even though they can afford it" basically.

Little Leicester City, stay in your box and don't bother having aspirations.

Snob.

I very very skimmed read it and the main reason the bloke from Charnwood Council wants the planning application rejected is that it will reduce the number of ponds resulting in less fish!

Am I right?

3 hours ago, KJT said:

I very very skimmed read it and the main reason the bloke from Charnwood Council wants the planning application rejected is that it will reduce the number of ponds resulting in less fish!

Am I right?

I got the gist that there was just no plan in place. You need to apply to move the fish or something. Pond fish have feelings and must be re-homed.

Surely It's only bigger because they're retaining a 9 hole golf course.

I suspect the man city one would be bigger if it wasn't restricted by the available space in it's urban setting.

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

About 15 more objections up. 

Yeah just seen them most are the same templated letter that others have sent in previously and some are multiple letters from the same address but with different names 

The only letter that stood out to me today was from a city membership owner stating that the club should build in the city 

no need for a second stadium because there is Holmes park And that we should stick to the current training ground because we managed to win the premier league using it 

Edited by jammie82uk
Typo

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

What the hell has what other clubs have got to do with it. Most people can live comfortably in a three bed semi... should we ban rich people from buying anything more because it's just showing off!

It's on those statements the club will successfully beat them down. You can not reject a planning permission on the grounds of other developments in other areas of the country. You might make a good case for excessive scale but the comparison to other clubs will see LCFC's legal/planning team beat that down no problem (for example, all we need to do is find other facilities of a large size....). 

Vast majority of complaints and objections have no relevance in planning terms/law .Just personal opinions and planners take little or notice .

But it is a bit OTT lets face it. Awful lot of pitches ,the show pitch is really a stadium for 'U23'  and a travellodge on site is a bit strong.

Having said that I think Charnwood out of any of the Leics councils will go with it for prestige/sports reasons .They will never say that though.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
46 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Vast majority of complaints and objections have no relevance in planning terms/law .Just personal opinions and planners take little or notice .

But it is a bit OTT lets face it. Awful lot of pitches ,the show pitch is really a stadium for 'U23'  and a travellodge on site is a bit strong.

Having said that I think Charnwood out of any of the Leics councils will go with it for prestige/sports reasons .They will never say that though.

Awful lot of pitches what difference does the number of pitches make ,their not nuclear bunkers.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Do we know when a decision is due ??

Can't be far off if they plan to start work in October. They'll need to sign contracts with builders etc.

I think today is the last day for comments then there’s a committee where locals can attend, and there will probably be a protest from the yokels who believe that it’s against their human rights to have a concentration camp style facility half a mile away from their village. I’ll probably do a counter protest opposite with a sign saying “Je Suis Training Ground”. 

Then after it’s approved we’ll reroute the A47 through the village out of spite. 

:revenge:

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I think today is the last day for comments then there’s a committee where locals can attend, and there will probably be a protest from the yokels who believe that it’s against their human rights to have a concentration camp style facility half a mile away from their village. I’ll probably do a counter protest opposite with a sign saying “Je Suis Training Ground”. 

Then after it’s approved we’ll reroute the A47 through the village out of spite. 

:revenge:

Yeah today is the last day for “feedback” got to wait for a committee date to rule judgement then we will have the locals appealing against the project if it gets approved then it goes to the committee again to rule on the case, I reckon your looking at early next year for it to get started 

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Yeah today is the last day for “feedback” got to wait for a committee date to rule judgement then we will have the locals appealing against the project if it gets approved then it goes to the committee again to rule on the case, I reckon your looking at early next year for it to get started 

Sorry all I read there was "let's all go on the planning comments page and say it looks amazing and will be a huge benefit to the local area".

:whistle:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

If it goes to committe and gets approved it doesn't go back to committe it happens. If it gets refused then it can be altered and go back to committe and alterations made. Or the club can take it too the Secretary of state.

If it's approved the only option to delay it is a legal challenge at someone's expense.

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

6 more documents up. Presumably the last of the local's objections as the cut off date was on Friday.

We need names and addresses so Top can go round and rough them up like Putin did to hooligans prior to the World Cup! That’ll get it built!