Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

New training ground announced

46 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Everyone hates nimbys until they want to build something in our back yard. These people have a right to object, doesn't mean they'll be able to stop it. I'm sure the club took advice before they bought the land.

True for the most part but I am the exception.

My house backs onto fields yet when there were plans to build on it there was uproar from my neighbours, petitions started...the usual, I didn't sign it, people have to live somewhere, the house I live in was once open land.

smug mode enabled.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

My house backs onto fields yet when there were plans to build on it there was uproar from my neighbours, petitions started...the usual, I didn't sign it, people have to live somewhere, the house I live in was once open land.

smug mode enabled.

That happened to me sort of, there were plans to build on fields and the biggest protesters where those living in the houses next to the field, yeah ok, but those house weren't even a year old and had been built in fields at the back of other new houses. Didn't sign it.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
6 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

smug mode enabled.

Houses in an open space is completely different to football pitches and training facilities in an area already hosting a golf club and club house.

3 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Houses in an open space is completely different to football pitches and training facilities in an area already hosting a golf club and club house.

I wasn't questioning that, my point was in response to webbo's post about nimby's.

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

That happened to me sort of, there were plans to build on fields and the biggest protesters where those living in the houses next to the field, yeah ok, but those house weren't even a year old and had been built in fields at the back of other new houses. Didn't sign it.

Ok then, we're both the exception.;)

• Haha 1

I would think the main objection is the 500 seater stadium, there'll be traffic if we play youth games there. Maybe the County FA will play games there too.

That said, if theres a training ground there, there won't be any houses built on the land so what's worse?

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I would think the main objection is the 500 seater stadium, there'll be traffic if we play youth games there. Maybe the County FA will play games there too.

That said, if theres a training ground there, there won't be any houses built on the land so what's worse?

499 seater stadium actually.

Whilst this looked odd on the planning application I imagine the law would be any stadium 500 or over would be a lot harder to get through planning.

A few years ago Sileby Town Football Club were given land by a local farmer to build a new football pitch on the outskirts of Seagrave.The villagers were in uproar regarding this although at the time when the golf course was in operation lights from their golf range flooded the whole of the Soar Valley.The appeal by the villagers was heard at a meeting with Charnwood Borough Council,where one woman spoke saying if this goes ahead we will never see rabbits hopping in the fields or birds singing in the trees and bushes again.Needless to say the scheme was rejected.

17 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I thought I read that the U23 would still play at Whetstone/KP when required.

I don't know what they're moaning about, I'd be chuffed if the club built the new training ground near me.

There can only be about 150 people going there every day on average, probably similar numbers to the golf club that was already there I'd imagine? Some people would moan about having to bend down if they found a £50 note at their feet.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
47 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I wasn't questioning that, my point was in response to webbo's post about nimby's.

Not having a go at you mate just making a general point. ?

33 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I don't know what they're moaning about, I'd be chuffed if the club built the new training ground near me.

There can only be about 150 people going there every day on average, probably similar numbers to the golf club that was already there I'd imagine? Some people would moan about having to bend down if they found a £50 note at their feet.

Exactly. I cannot imagine that the entire complex is going to have a full attendance every week, day in day out. The stand will probably only be full on the rare occasion. 

16 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Exactly. I cannot imagine that the entire complex is going to have a full attendance every week, day in day out. The stand will probably only be full on the rare occasion. 

It will have almost zero impact on their lives. Anyone would think Alton Towers were relocating the way they're going on. I don't really see the difference if it was a golf club or football training facilities. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

We should accept their complaints and abandon the project and in the spirit of human rights for all donate the land to the travelling community. 

That's generous I was thinking we should rent it out to some crackheads for a quid a week.

13 hours ago, davieG said:

This is the statement in the letter 

Scale and Dominance
I believe the scale of the proposed development is unnecessarily large – driven by what can be afforded rather than what is required. I note that Manchester City – a far larger club in terms of turnover, squad and fan base has a training ground of only 80 acresiii in an urban setting.
The Public Benefits Statement cites Derby County Football club as a similar proposal which has been approved, yet it was reported by the BBC that “[Planning] Officers recommended the proposals be refused”. I also note that the Derby County facility is around half the size of this proposal.
I object to the scale of the proposed development, which is demonstrably out of proportion with the size of training grounds used by other clubs cited in the proposals, and to the dominance and the impact of the proposed site and it’s usage on the immediate area.