Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

New training ground announced

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Well I guess she was doing the best for her constituents who voted for her but obviously added some serious weight to any arguments against any adverse affect no matter how significant any development  would have had on their homes.

The Club have the fine and up-standing Keith Vaz on their side now, so no problems of this nature expected:ph34r:

37 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The Offside Group and councillor existed, without a doubt, and caused no end of problems for the club. I meant that I don't remember any opposition to the Freeman's Wharf development. Hopefully there won't be much opposition to the latest upgrade plans either (wishful thinking) :rolleyes:

I would expect those Park n Rides schemes to be revisted when over 40,000 will be heading in and out of the new KP.

Sorry I misunderstood yeah I can't imagine too much but travel will always bring out a few protests.

3 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

All new housing estates have to have 20% affordable homes so that is a guarantee lol 

That might be the least applied rule of house building in history. 20% by number of dwellings, not people or value or land area; bung in a block of flats on a seperate block of land bought for the purpose often nowhere near the nice new 3/4/5 bed houses and you are sorted.

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

That might be the least applied rule of house building in history. 20% by number of dwellings, not people or value or land area; bung in a block of flats on a seperate block of land bought for the purpose often nowhere near the nice new 3/4/5 bed houses and you are sorted.

True but rich up the nose people don’t want any of that near them lol

Edited by chapero82

6 hours ago, davieG said:

The club wanted to turn Filbert St by 90 degrees and create a new big stand to replace the North Stand and to redevelop the East Stand 

The residents on Burnmoor St and Filbert St set up a protest group with the help of a local councillor Mary Draycott, who always seemed to be on LCFCs back calling themselves Off-side and got the council to reject the plan. 

LCFc then put in plans to build a 40k seater stadium with hotel and retail on land next to Bede Island (now houses) Again Mary Draycott organised the residents on Western Road which backs up to the rear of this land albeit with the Great Central way in between and again got the plans thrown out.

We were then fortunate that Morrison's Supermarket failed to get their planned shop built on the current KP stadium plot and LCFC nipped in a got permission to build the KP.

Well  that was more or less how it went.

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Did the Bede Island planning application actually get refused ?? I think I remember the stadium plan was downgraded from 40k to 32k to placate some of the opposition but ultimately failed when the City directors had a fall out with the developers, Goldwing?? Other potential sites (somewhere around Fosse Park locality??) were being sought out when the old Powergen land became available following a ruling by the House of Lords (something relating to a covenant about the land only being available for sporting and recreational use to ward off housing and supermarket developers ... also ruling out retail units the club wanted to include). I don't remember much, if any, local opposition to the plan (although I recall holdup about the effect the floodlights would have on bats!).

The revised 32k seater stadium design was retained and is what we have now on Freeman's Wharf, I think. That explains why KP appears to be backward with the front at the back. It wasn't designed with it's eventual plot in mind.

I don't think Offside had much real effect on the Planning Application for the Bede Island stadium, though I did manage to reduce the asking price on my first house, on Western Road ?

The reason the stadium didn't happen was because the application was called in by the government, and that was because of the retail element in the plans. At the time Planning Policy was put in place to reduce additional retail developments outside of city centres, and Bede Island was considered as such. A real shame as the plans for that stadium were superior to the smaller KP.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The same person who said the fences were "concentration camp style" is now obsessed with the sewage plan, and is complaining that LCFC could generate germs that could kill the neighbours in the village. They even mention mad cow disease lol

They're surely reading this thread lol this has actually become entertaining. There is literally no way on earth they're being serious is there?

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

They're surely reading this thread lol this has actually become entertaining. There is literally no way on earth they're being serious is there?

At least one person is reading here as in one of the original complaints they quoted this thread as a source of information about the use of helicopters 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

I don't think Offside had much real effect on the Planning Application for the Bede Island stadium, though I did manage to reduce the asking price on my first house, on Western Road ?

The reason the stadium didn't happen was because the application was called in by the government, and that was because of the retail element in the plans. At the time Planning Policy was put in place to reduce additional retail developments outside of city centres, and Bede Island was considered as such. A real shame as the plans for that stadium were superior to the smaller KP.

Yes, I remember it being called in which was inevitable given that Morrisons were also about to be denied permission for a retail unit on Freeman's Wharf. I don't think the SoS even had to make a decision given the fallout between the club and Goldwing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

What are these NIMBYs on about?  I’ve just been leaked this fax, and the development is clearly nothing to worry about.

Mr Chairman,

May I offer the latest planning updates from our Super Loud Academy Ground Project Integration Team.

I am pleased to report, the heliport will indeed accommodate simultaneous operations of up to six jet-powered craft.  We will upsize all above-ground fuel storage tanks to 1,000kl to ensure adequate supplies at all times.

The 30m outdoor movie screen to show LCFC TV highlights 24/7 is a wonderful idea.  We’re on it.  And the fleet of permanently tethered, crown-shaped King Power blimps will make an unparalleled branding statement.  I’ve assigned Jonathan to begin blowing them up at once, as the PM estimates it will take one person 18.5 months to inflate two dozen units.  That should keep him out of harm’s way LOL!

Bids are in for the 14-acre campsite for impoverished African footballers and their families.  They were well under estimates and we will be able to expand this feature to 20 acres.  Replacing the native vegetation perimeter with a picket of 50 camp latrines should make up the remaining cost.

I hope to be able to offer positive news about the Thai “hostesses” for the golf course in my next report.

Susan

You, sir, clearly have more time

on your hands than you know what to do with! ??

1 hour ago, ian_marshall said:

Has anyone managed to view the plans for the proposed 2 Mile runway on the site for the owners new Airbus A380? Heard the flight path passes directly over Seagrave. 

Haha! And what about the marina needed for the owners to dock their private yacht? ?

1 hour ago, Plastik Man said:

Haha! And what about the marina needed for the owners to dock their private yacht? ?

Nah, they’ll love that. It’s the Gala bingo, Greggs and Primark on the adjoining new retail park that will really freak em out. ?

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

You, sir, clearly have more time

on your hands than you know what to do with! ??

If one letter gets published objecting to the SLAGPIT my work will not have been in vain.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

What about  the stables for the Polo ponies and Racehorses? 

I don't think we've thought this through. :D

• Like 1

Suprised no-ones mentioned the rumours from years ago that the Thai's arent actually Thai, they're secretly North Korean and it's very strange and eerily coincidental the new training ground plan was announced around the same time the Norks started decommissioning their old intercontinental ballistic nuclear missile experiment bases

• Haha 1