Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

New training ground announced

8 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Quite understandable, if it gets to that stage, considering the location relatively next to a very busy double-carraigeway and needing to address other issues thoroughly such as changing the landscape etc to build the premises on.

A development is proposed (training complex), the impact of which (volume of users and traffic) is similar to the previous use (golf course).  The highway authorities have apparently pronounced that alterations are not necessary.  Changes to the landscape have been sensitively planned, and the door left open to reasonable change.

Coming from a brash country where we plow it under, build it over and light it up -- my limited mind cannot process why another full year of delay is “quite understandable”.

I adore parts of your landscape that look like they haven’t changed in 200 years.  I grant that they are rare and wonderful places, and their preservation comes at a price.  But I’m thinking Nidderdale.  Not a golf club in the suburban midlands.

• Like 1

On 30/08/2018 at 01:09, urban.spaceman said:

New documents.

Natural England have no objection.

However, Highways England recommended that planning permission not be granted for a further period of 3 months pending additional information being submitted.

Another document of dialogue between surveyors and planners suggested that it could be delayed for a year.

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Quite understandable, if it gets to that stage, considering the location relatively next to a very busy double-carraigeway and needing to address other issues thoroughly such as changing the landscape etc to build the premises on.

I suggest the owners won’t find this ‘understandable’ .  They will be astonished that a development such as this could be held up. it’s well out of their ‘comfort zone’. I hope they stick with it if such a delay does come to fruition. 

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The same person who said the fences were "concentration camp style" is now obsessed with the sewage plan, and is complaining that LCFC could generate germs that could kill the neighbours in the village. They even mention mad cow disease lol

Jesus they're getting desperate to stop this going ahead :sweating:

43 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because highly trained athletes shite is known to be far more dangerous than Geoff's from accounting, who has a ruby and 10 stella on a Friday before his round of golf on a Saturday.

To be fair protein shits are an absolute abomination :ill: 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They're desperate because deep down they know that they don't really have any valid objections, other than the junction and NIMBYism.

If there were any major issues, I'm sure the owners wouldn't have bought that plot of land in the first place. Is/was there any major objections from the locals around Belvoir Drive? 

33 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If there were any major issues, I'm sure the owners wouldn't have bought that plot of land in the first place. Is/was there any major objections from the locals around Belvoir Drive? 

Everytime they improved it,well perhaps not major.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Guess there's always that NIMBY feeling from some people no matter where it went 

The worst for us was the Off-side group + the Western Road mob that first stopped us developing the North Stand and then prevented us moving to Bede Island.

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The same person who said the fences were "concentration camp style" is now obsessed with the sewage plan, and is complaining that LCFC could generate germs that could kill the neighbours in the village. They even mention mad cow disease lol

Is this for real??  Surely not.    What happens in Leicestershire post the harvest?  Do the Farmers muck spread and treat the animal manure with Aramis and Vortex?  This complainant would enjoy living in my Village:ph34r:  

Maybe the players can take home their sewage in a plastic bag?    

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, davieG said:

The worst for us was the Off-side group + the Western Road mob that first stopped us developing the North Stand and then prevented us moving to Bede Island.

What happened with them? Was only a few years old when the move from Filbert Street happened so am a bit clueless :D

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Objections such as this will not be considered at all.  I don’t suppose anything away from the traffic stuff is holding the planning up.  

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

What happened with them? Was only a few years old when the move from Filbert Street happened so am a bit clueless :D

The club wanted to turn Filbert St by 90 degrees and create a new big stand to replace the North Stand and to redevelop the East Stand 

The residents on Burnmoor St and Filbert St set up a protest group with the help of a local councillor Mary Draycott, who always seemed to be on LCFCs back calling themselves Off-side and got the council to reject the plan. 

LCFc then put in plans to build a 40k seater stadium with hotel and retail on land next to Bede Island (now houses) Again Mary Draycott organised the residents on Western Road which backs up to the rear of this land albeit with the Great Central way in between and again got the plans thrown out.

We were then fortunate that Morrison's Supermarket failed to get their planned shop built on the current KP stadium plot and LCFC nipped in a got permission to build the KP.

Well  that was more or less how it went.

• Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, davieG said:

The club wanted to turn Filbert St by 90 degrees and create a new big stand to replace the North Stand and to redevelop the East Stand 

The residents on Burnmoor St and Filbert St set up a protest group with the help of a local councillor Mary Draycott, who always seemed to be on LCFCs back calling themselves Off-side and got the council to reject the plan. 

LCFc then put in plans to build a 40k seater stadium with hotel and retail on land next to Bede Island (now houses) Again Mary Draycott organised the residents on Western Road which backs up to the rear of this land albeit with the Great Central way in between and again got the plans thrown out.

We were then fortunate that Morrison's Supermarket failed to get their planned shop built on the current KP stadium plot and LCFC nipped in a got permission to build the KP.

Jesus she sounds like a bit of a c*nt

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Jesus she sounds like a bit of a c*nt

Well I guess she was doing the best for her constituents who voted for her but obviously added some serious weight to any arguments against any adverse affect no matter how significant any development  would have had on their homes.

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Did the Bede Island planning application actually get refused ?? I think I remember the stadium plan was downgraded from 40k to 32k to placate some of the opposition but ultimately failed when the City directors had a fall out with the developers, Goldwing?? Other potential sites (somewhere around Fosse Park locality??) were being sought out when the old Powergen land became available following a ruling by the House of Lords (something relating to a covenant about the land only being available for sporting and recreational use to ward off housing and supermarket developers ... also ruling out retail units the club wanted to include). I don't remember much, if any, local opposition to the plan (although I recall holdup about the effect the floodlights would have on bats!).

The revised 32k seater stadium design was retained and is what we have now on Freeman's Wharf, I think. That explains why KP appears to be backward with the front at the back. It wasn't designed with it's eventual plot in mind.

Edited by Spudulike
To expand on current stadium design...
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Did the Bede Island planning application actually get refused ?? I think I remember the stadium plan was downgraded from 40k to 32k to placate some of the opposition but ultimately failed when the City directors had a fall out with the developers, Goldwing?? Other potential sites (somewhere around Fosse Park locality??) were being sought out when the old Powergen land became available following a ruling by the House of Lords (something relating to a covenant about the land only being available for sporting and recreational use to ward off housing and supermarket developers ... also ruling out retail units the club wanted to include). I don't remember much, if any, local opposition to the plan (although I recall holdup about the effect the floodlights would have on bats!).

The revised 32k seater stadium design was retained and is what we have now on Freeman's Wharf, I think.

The Western Road protest group  led by Mary Draycott definitely existed and had an impact.

I understood that Morrisons actually had planning permission but that it elapsed and LCFC nipped in  they then complained and it went to Secretary of State to decide but could be wrong there.

I don't remember it being down graded just advised that it would most likely be refused planning.

I see the current house builders haven't built a new bridge across the canal yet or had the pylons removed which was part of the original planning conditions to build there but then LCFC never created any sort of travel plan solution like P&R which was one of their conditions.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

The Western Road protest group  led by Mary Draycott definitely existed and had an impact.

I understood that Morrisons actually had planning permission but that it elapsed and LCFC nipped in  they then complained and it went to Secretary of State to decide but could be wrong there.

I don't remember it being down graded just advised that it would most likely be refused planning.

I see the current house builders haven't built a new bridge across the canal yet or had the pylons removed which was part of the original planning conditions to build there but then LCFC never created any sort of travel plan solution like P&R which was one of their conditions.

The Offside Group and councillor existed, without a doubt, and caused no end of problems for the club. I meant that I don't remember any opposition to the Freeman's Wharf development. Hopefully there won't be much opposition to the latest upgrade plans either (wishful thinking) :rolleyes:

I would expect those Park n Rides schemes to be revisted when over 40,000 will be heading in and out of the new KP.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Just start rumours in the village that if the training facility gets dumped, a housing project is ready to step in:ph34r:

It could possibly be so As I don’t see it being a golf course again as they would want it to be