Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2018

• 2 weeks later...

It's not the first time he's had to do it and probably won't be the last. You just have to accept it's part of the sport nowadays. With a bit more luck earlier in the season Bottas could have been well in the title race. But at this stage now you just have to accept you need to support your team-mate. I'm sure once the Championship is wrapped up Lewis will give him one or two back. 

And it's much better now it's all out in the open rather than the "Fernando is faster than you" nonsense. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 3

I'm not happy about how that went today, and I really felt for Bottas. But the rules there, Ferrari would have done the same, and have done when it was banned. One crash, one breakdown and Vettel is back in striking distance, and would have been even closer had Hamilton not won today, so needs must. Had Bottas still been in with a shout of the title then I'm sure it wouldn't have happened.

• Like 1

The only reason Bottas got the job in the first place was to play second fiddle to Ham. It's probably written in his contract that he has to.

Mercedes didn't want another Rosberg situation on their hand so looked specifically to hire a someone who was under no illusion what was wanted from them and they were basically a support driver. Obviously he'll have some pride so appeared to be a bit of a renegade but he knows he was doing what he was hired for and this will be water under the bridge. 

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

He'll be given a free win if possible later on in the season, not that it makes what happened today any less rubbish.

The horses mouth don't pretend you wouldnt be condoning it if Ferrari did that today

I wouldn't I'm dead against team orders in general, how's this sport going to appeal to people if the competitive element is taken out of it by drivers letting each other through, the worst bit is that it was completely pointless

7 hours ago, Walkers said:

The incident has overshadowed yet another cock up from the Merc strategists to feed Hamilton back in behind Vettel

I don’t think they could have done anything to avoid it. Vettel absolutely pelted it round on his out lap, I don’t know the figures, but Hamilton’s in lap couldn’t have been great either for him to come out behind the Ferrari. Wasn’t for long anyway. 

Regarding team orders. It is what it is. It’s shit for the sport as a spectator definitely, and it really pisses me off when it happens, but like it or not, that was the best result for Mercedes yesterday. They benefited the most they could in both the drivers and constructors. 

7 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I wouldn't I'm dead against team orders in general, how's this sport going to appeal to people if the competitive element is taken out of it by drivers letting each other through, the worst bit is that it was completely pointless

Pointless? Mercedes got their main title challenger a buffer of a car between him and his nearest rival, and then also ended up by extending his points lead by 10 points instead of 3. Yeah totally pointless.