Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
oakman

Baby Names

6 hours ago, Countryfox said:
19 hours ago, The Fox Covert said:

I work with a T Watts. He lives in Leicester so someone on here might actually know that I am not just making it up!

I know quite a few Twatts that live in Leicester ...    which one were you thinking of ? ....

Space and capital W is there for a reason ... Mr Watts. No way is there another larger than life character like the T Watts work with.

Come to think of it I once knew a K Nobbs, who was one of the security officers on the gate when I worked for Rediffusion Simulation. A character who really did live up to his name and could have walked out of one of the old Carry On films. On the shop floor there was a Billy Belli, a loud-mouthed Scouser.

Local rags always do a baby of the year thing, in the places I've lived (most of them dead rough) they're hysterical. One year I saw about 7 different spellings of Jayden (already barely a name), some of them with apostrophes in.

Edited by Bryn

23 hours ago, The Fox Covert said:

I work with a T Watts. He lives in Leicester so someone on here might actually know that I am not just making it up!

Did he have a van with his name on?

There was a blue van in Birstall with T Watts on the side that caused me endless amusement as a child.

11 minutes ago, Captain... said:
23 hours ago, The Fox Covert said:

Did he have a van with his name on?

There was a blue van in Birstall with T Watts on the side that caused me endless amusement as a child.

Well I'll be b*ggered. It looks to me as though there is more than one T Watts. The fella I know used to be a teacher in Leicester. To have done that job for 25 years he must have the hide of a rhinoceros.

On 09/02/2018 at 21:31, The Fox Covert said:

T Watts skip hire in Leicester was a thing wasn't it? Now rebranded to Watts I believe. 

I know someone at work called Richard Head. Makes me chuckle in an immature way whenever I see him.

Given the current focus on unfortunate names I thought you guys might appreciate learning that I work for a Mrs. Badcock and alongside a Ms. Gooch.  Do I still chuckle whenever I see their surnames printed on official documents?  I am only human.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Just read about a couple from Hull who named their 2 eldest children Jackdaniel and Tiamarie.

In the father’s words: 'I had no idea that the two names we chose were commonly associated with popular tipples when we picked them’. Utter BS.

16 hours ago, oakman said:

Just read about a couple from Hull who named their 2 eldest children Jackdaniel and Tiamarie.

In the father’s words: 'I had no idea that the two names we chose were commonly associated with popular tipples when we picked them’. Utter BS.

My son used to go to school with a lad called Jack and his last name was Daniels. 

16 hours ago, isaidno said:

Went to my Nieces pre-school party yesterday, and there was 2 kids called Morgan and Chase, after the characters from Paw Patrol lol

Alternatively they're big fans of US multinational investment bank JP Morgan and Chase

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/07/2019 at 08:02, Stadt said:

Alternatively they're big fans of US multinational investment bank JP Morgan and Chase

or Katie Morgan and Cory Chase had a part to play in their existence ...  lol (NSFW)