Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
oakman

Baby Names

A friend and I were chatting in the pub last night and the subject of baby names came up - I know a couple who have named their children Hunter and Badger, I see that Andy Carroll has called his son Wolf 9 and now one of the Kardashians has called her kid Stormi.

I'm all for a bit of individuality in a name but some of these are just cruel - to lumber their kids with a name that will do them no favours in life just seems unfair. Pure vanity on the parents part - if you love the name Harpic-Blu, don't name your poor daughter it, change your name by deed poll and have it yourself if you like it that much.

Just wondering what other people thought?

• Like 3

I went to Uni with a Danielle Daniels and Ex LCFC star Bobby (Robert) Roberts lives up the road from my parents too, I can never understand what posses parents to do that (see Neville Neville for similar reasons).  

Anything Jacob Rees Mogg names and Npeter (the N is silent) also raise more questions than answers. 

Indeed, very strange how some babies are named ..     reminds me of a story ...     once upon a time ...     

A little Indian boy went to his father one day and asked him, "Father, how do Indian children get their names?" His father replied: "My son...when your sister was born, I walked out of the teepee and the first thing I saw was a rainbow in the eastern sky....so I named her Rainbow in the East. When your brother had been born, I once again walked out of the teepee and this time the first thing I saw was that the river had frozen over, so I named your brother Frozen River ...    "But--why do you ask, Two Dogs Fvcking?" 

• Haha 2

Some absolute shockers in the celebrity world, but what's worse is you know there'll be normal idiots giving their kids the same name. 

A general rule is that any should-be surnames make bad first names. I don't know if they're still popular, but Logan, Finley, Mason and Riley are all awful.