Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
oakman

Baby Names

On 14/07/2019 at 08:45, isaidno said:

Went to my Nieces pre-school party yesterday, and there was 2 kids called Morgan and Chase, after the characters from Paw Patrol lol

Hang on a minute there’s no Morgan in Paw Patrol

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Why do celebs think they have to be clever by giving their kids stupid names. It’s embarrassing. Also I have noticed a lot of kids with dogs names nowadays like Alfie and Archie. 

Since when were Archie and Alfie dogs names? They're short for Alfred and Archibald!

I thought dogs names were things like Spot, Rex and Fido - maybe they'll be the next 'in' names the celebs go to.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Why do celebs think they have to be clever by giving their kids stupid names. It’s embarrassing. Also I have noticed a lot of kids with dogs names nowadays like Alfie and Archie. 

Maybe i will suggest "Basmati" or "Vitamin" to my brother as we await the arrival of my soon to be nephew this week.   Random names of items in my kitchen at the moment.

Bloody bell end celebrities!

6 hours ago, Unabomber said:

No one will ever beat the queen of silly kids names- Paula Yates!

I have read somewhere that native Indian change their names as they moves through each phase of their lives.  The names would be based on their characteristics, personalities or feats.  Cool I thought.  

I guess in that context most of you would have been derogatory named based on shite posted on here!

Edited by The Blur

2 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I have read somewhere that native Indian change their names as they moves through each phase of their lives.  The names would be based on their characteristics, personalities or feats.  Cool I thought.  

I guess in that context most of you would have been degotaroely named based on shite posted on here!

degotaroely... Not sure that's an actual word?

9 minutes ago, Parafox said:

degotaroely... Not sure that's an actual word?

Corrected.  I take it you would have been known as grammar nazi at some point in your life in native Indian culture lol

Edited by The Blur
  • Haha 1

When we had our daughter, wife and I choose 20 names each. 

We then took turns striking one of each until we decided what to call her. 

Game Of Thrones has a lot to answer for, as the likes of Ayra and Daneres have become quite popular. 

18 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

I remember reading Heston Blumenthal was named after the services on the M4 - no idea if it's actually true though. 

He had a lucky escape, then.

Imagine if he'd had to go through life as Watford Gap Blumenthal, Newport Pagnell Blumenthal or Leicester Forest East Blumenthal.

It would have completely destroyed his self-confidence and he'd have spent his life cooking baked beans on toast and never leaving the house.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Why do we call them baby names? They don't change when you get older...

Given the state of some of the names in this thread, I imagine quite a few will be changed at some point...

On 02/11/2021 at 12:03, Unabomber said:

This is true 😂