Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
oakman

Baby Names

I know someone whose job was to help young girls who had become pregnant. Talking like 15 year olds.

She was talking to one girl who had been given a book of baby names to look through and she eventually settled on "Gooey".

Turns out she was mispronouncing the name "Guy".

Edited by AKCJ
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

A three months pregnant woman falls into a deep coma. Six months later she wakes up and asks the doctor about the baby.

Doctor: You had twins, a boy and a girl and I'm delighted to say they're fine. Luckily, your brother named them both for you.

Woman: Oh no, not my brother! He's an idiot! What did he name the girl?

Doctor: Denise

Woman: Well that's not too bad, what did he call the boy?

Doctor: Denephew

A new name for African-Americans has been unlocked, people!   Call oprah! Where's doctor king??

Edited by the fox

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

My missus's family genuinely know someone who gave their kid the name L-A. Anyone wanna take a guess at how they're pronouncing that?

Reveal hidden contents

It's 'La-dash-a'. Seriously.

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

That's Child abuse!

Edited by the fox

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

My missus's family genuinely know someone who gave their kid the name L-A. Anyone wanna take a guess at how they're pronouncing that?

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

My wife taught or her colleague (cant remember) taught someone with that exact name lol

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I know someone whose job was to help young girls who had become pregnant. Talking like 15 year olds.

She was talking to one girl who had been given a book of baby names to look through and she eventually settled on "Gooey".

You do know we're managed by Lord Paul, right?

People who give their lads the same first name as the dad ie Chris Eubank, George Bush, Larry Mullen, George Foreman and others

Skipping a generation, naming them after a grandfather etc, is fine, but am I missing something with this trend?

Of course if I have a son (the clock is ticking obviously) they would not be called Geoff/Geoffrey or even have it as a middle name as it's pretty awful.

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

People who give their lads the same first name as the dad ie Chris Eubank, George Bush, Larry Mullen, George Foreman and others

Skipping a generation, naming them after a grandfather etc, is fine, but am I missing something with this trend?

Of course if I have a son (the clock is ticking obviously) they would not be called Geoff/Geoffrey or even have it as a middle name as it's pretty awful.

Yeah, everyone knows it’s Jeff. Just what were they thinking?

16 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Good for her for doing what she can for these young girls but how did it help if she was talking like a 15 year old?

I suppose it must've been so that they could relate to each other on the same level.

13 hours ago, Buce said:

A kid I went to school with was named Anthony Anthony.

We called him Two Tone (true strory).

Mate of mine called Tom, was going out with another Tom for a long time. We called them SatNav

16 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

My wife taught or her colleague (cant remember) taught someone with that exact name lol

I've also heard of someone called that, but I can't remember the connection. It was a friend of my missus.

The ones that I hate is deliberately misspelling a name. One example is Jaicob, but it is supposed to be pronounced Jacob. Just spell it Jacob FFS, he is going to spend his entire life correcting people and having to spell his name. It's like calling someone Daivid or Jounathan.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 13:07, Izzy Muzzett said:

A three months pregnant woman falls into a deep coma. Six months later she wakes up and asks the doctor about the baby.

Doctor: You had twins, a boy and a girl and I'm delighted to say they're fine. Luckily, your brother named them both for you.

Woman: Oh no, not my brother! He's an idiot! What did he name the girl?

Doctor: Denise

Woman: Well that's not too bad, what did he call the boy?

Doctor: Denephew

No wonder you've got digestion issues, you must continually split your sides laughing lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Captain... said:

Mate of mine called Tom, was going out with another Tom for a long time. We called them SatNav

I've also heard of someone called that, but I can't remember the connection. It was a friend of my missus.

The ones that I hate is deliberately misspelling a name. One example is Jaicob, but it is supposed to be pronounced Jacob. Just spell it Jacob FFS, he is going to spend his entire life correcting people and having to spell his name. It's like calling someone Daivid or Jounathan.

How can Ralph become Raif... as in Fiennes. Pretentious twat. It's Ralph, sounds rather common, not becoming of an actoooor,  that's why he won't use it correctly. 

9 hours ago, Captain... said:

Guilty as charged ! ...    I was actually Cuntryfox but deliberately misspelt it ....      soz skipper ....   :(

• Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 14:35, Voll Blau said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

For Fuchs sake!!

We know of someone called Avon, actually after the cosmetics, they told us so. That's not a bad name, but the reason is questionable.

Also know a couple who called their sons Atticus, Octavius and then... Simon. Not kidding lol