Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Player Meet & Greet/Signing Session

I'm glad this has been posted as I thought it was just me! I had low expectations for the session - just wanted one picture of the players with the kids. I don't suppose that would take more than 30 seconds. When I was told that pictures were not allowed, I figured I'd get a picture of the kids as they waited second in line to the players (similar to @Illusion35) but was barked at a couple of times by the bodyguard at the far side - 'no phones, do you understand English?!!'

What's even more galling is that I know that the first 10 or so people at the top of the queue were able to get a bunch of selfies to their hearts' content. I think the penny dropped after that to the club staff about how long the session would take if everyone else did the same.

There's lots of ways to balance fan interaction with waiting time - the entire experience can be managed better! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pds said:

I have no problem being rushed through, I am more annoyed at the way young kids were being spoken to by the staff. Saying hi would not have slowed down the process but to be pretty much shouted at for trying to say hello is not right. And f

or the person saying we got to see them, we got to see the tops of their heads. I do feel for the people that got turned away as they decided to do this very late after many people had been queuing for a very long time. I don't blame the players as they were obviously rushing through the signing - not one them looked up at any time.

Don't advertise it as a meet and greet (as they did online) if you are not even allowed to say hello.

Hang on, we're they playing or just signing?

• Haha 2

The problem with loyalty unfortunately. 

Football clubs know they can treat fans like shit and they'll still come back for more.

They could gave had Silva and NDidi pissing on shirts for the kids and they would still have had people queuing for it.

Yes the city fanstore workers are absolutely inept. The other day I went in to exchange two items and return one, the lady at the till mistakenly refunds all of them as a return and then asks me to buy them back again! I said I'll pick the rest up after the refunds come through! Idiot! 

Edited by lmtiazLCFC4LIFE
  • Haha 1

When I first realised this had taken place yesterday, I was a bit disappointed that neither my daughter nor I had received an email from the club, so we didn't know anything about it. It sounds as though this maybe did us a favour though. I'm still annoyed that no players turned up for the children's Christmas party 

43 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

When I first realised this had taken place yesterday, I was a bit disappointed that neither my daughter nor I had received an email from the club, so we didn't know anything about it. It sounds as though this maybe did us a favour though. I'm still annoyed that no players turned up for the children's Christmas party 

How strange, as I did get an email about it! 

From what's been described it sounds horrendous. Why do the club feel the need to have minders at a kids meet and greet session, what do they expect will happen?!?

The off field antics of the club are shocking and have been for a very long time. I really don't understand how they can get their commercial operations so wrong.

The level of incompetence is beyond belief and the staff generally speaking exhibit zero common sense.

35 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

From what's been described it sounds horrendous. Why do the club feel the need to have minders at a kids meet and greet session, what do they expect will happen?!?

The off field antics of the club are shocking and have been for a very long time. I really don't understand how they can get their commercial operations so wrong.

The level of incompetence is beyond belief and the staff generally speaking exhibit zero common sense.

You know, unfortunately there's people out there who are sickly predatory towards youngsters; you hear about it every day on local news and all over the UK..

Safeguarding etc.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

You know, unfortunately there's people out there who are sickly predatory towards youngsters; you hear about it every day on local news and all over the UK..

Safeguarding etc.

I agree that safeguarding is very important, but it sounds to me that they weren't there to safeguard the kids, rather the player's. Even as a preventative safeguarding measure, did the club really need to roll out the heavies? I'm sure having anyone in an official capacity would act as both a deterrent and witness to any antisocial behaviour, I just don't know why they felt the need to have a couple of bruiser's who might intimidate young children. 

4 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Look, it's not overly difficult to organise is it?

You book online, pick a 15 minute slot and go at your allotted time.  No need to queue, no panic, just turn up when you've booked your time.  Join the conveyor belt of people and have an enjoyable, relaxed time. 

Image result for mind blown gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Safeguarding etc.

Is your homepage www.peadonews.com ...?

• Haha 2