Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Player Meet & Greet/Signing Session

The bottom line is had this been a paid event, you would have expected a lot more.  As it stands, a free-for-all is exactly what you've got.  The club take the high ground, it's free, we can do what we like, if you don't like it tough.  The headline from the club even reads "City Trio Enjoy Popular Signing Session".  Who exactly are they catering for, the players or the fans?  It should read LCFC fans enjoy signing session meeting players they look up to and cheer on week in week out.

Now, as fans, the question we have to ask ourselves is would you rather it be something you paid for, if in return you knew exaclty what it was you were getting for your money?  I'd expect many fans would say yes to that, for example pay £8-£10 to be given an allotted time, something activity based around current and past players, a few autographs on a print perhaps and then a photo with a couple of players to finish.  Heck, they could even charge additional for the photo, just like the elves do in the grotto! 

Why restrict it to the club shop?  The ground has lots of function rooms it could stage something like this in.  No problem.  Organise it for the summer, end of season. 

No, no you say.  Too sensible!

Who exactly is running this side of the club? 

Carnt complain meself,

brought 3 different coloured shirts with the players names on,got them signed and have framed them for my sons 6th birthday,even helped myself to 3 of the photos not realising they we’re charging £5 for each one,though I didn’t pay for them 

Edited by Russell sprout

Few weeks ago I was down there buying tickets and Iborra was in the shop. When I walked out he was just coming out the car park. So I waved and he stopped and got out and had a chat and got a picture. 

In my job I use to see Ahmed musa a lot and he was always nice and chatty. Meet kelchi down the ground buying tickets and he was sound. I dont thinks it the players, I think it's the club. The staff down the ground are useless. 

Before christmas I had to swap my direct debit over for my season ticket. So I gave them the new details and then the money never came out. So I went down there and they took the payment and I said will my season ticket work on Saturday ? Yeah no problem, it's back on. Got to the ground and it came up red and I missed the first 10 mins of the game. Even though it was through no fault of my own, never got a apology or anything.

Another time, I'd won tour tickets of the ground. So I took my daughter, got down there on the day and it had been canceled. No word before on it being canceled. 

The commercial side of the club is pants and needs sorting out. 

38 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

Before christmas I had to swap my direct debit over for my season ticket. So I gave them the new details and then the money never came out. So I went down there and they took the payment and I said will my season ticket work on Saturday ? Yeah no problem, it's back on. Got to the ground and it came up red and I missed the first 10 mins of the game. Even though it was through no fault of my own, never got a apology or anything.

I had the same problem,

for 7 months in a row befour they admitted it was there error,

i kept getting letters from the club telling me my dd had declined,

it was embarrassing explaining each time to the staff that it was no fault of my own,

even when I was assured it was sorted it carried on,

i asked if I could have a gift voucher of £20 in exchange for my multiple journeys to the ground aswell as time wasted for something they admitted was there error to be told there’s nothing they can do and to email jim with my request

Edited by Russell sprout

9 hours ago, pds said:

I took my 7 year old son to this yesterday with Ndidi, Silva & Diabate, did anybody else go?

I have never been to one before as I can think of much better things to do with my time but my son was desperate to go when he found out about it. I wasn't expecting to stop and chat etc but the way we were treated by the staff in the shop was horrendous.

We queued for 2 hours in the freezing cold with my son on the verge of tears from the cold, I offered to forget it and take him home but he was desperate to just say hello to the players. We eventually got into the shop and he got to the signing table with the biggest grin on his face and tried to say hello to Ndidi but the lady firmly told him “no talking just signing, move on quickly”. I tried to take the quickest photo of him near the players to give him some positive memory of the experience and again was shouted at “no photos allowed – hurry on”.

Another staff member at the end of the table then scolded him for not being quick enough to pick up his newly signed ball, picked it up and firmly passed it to him smudging the signatures of the players.

I am not one to complain about things usually and I wasn't expecting a lot but the way they treated the young kids was awful. Several people walked out clearly unhappy at the event. Over 2 hours queuing for less than 10 seconds and a football with smudged signatures none of which are decipherable as to whom they belong to. I let it go at the time but the more I have thought about it since the more it has pissed me off.

8 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Kinda feel sorry for the club here. No win situation. First you go on about waiting 2 hours in the cold and then you say you didn’t get enough time with the experience with the players and felt rushed. You can’t have it both ways. If they were not rushing people through your wait would have doubled and then you would have been complaining about that even more. 

Look at what both of you have said I agree and your both right one way or the other.

But to me this is usual LCFC piss poor planning. Loads of issues have been reported on here over the years. Poor ticket allocation the website and many more. All down to planning and organisation. Some of what our club does is so not premier league.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

I had the same problem,

for 7 months in a row befour they admitted it was there error,

i kept getting letters from the club telling me my dd had declined,

it was embarrassing explaining each time to the staff that it was no fault of my own,

even when I was assured it was sorted it carried on,

i asked if I could have a gift voucher of £20 in exchange for my multiple journeys to the ground aswell as time wasted for something they admitted was there error to be told there’s nothing they can do and to email jim with my request

Jesus Christ lol I knew soon as I paid it and asked the teenager behind the till , would it be working on Saturday fine and he said yeah it's active now again. I knew it wouldn't and when I went to explain to the useless numpties about it. They gave me a paper ticket and said a new card will be sent out. 

The staff they employ down there are well and truly useless. Like a drive thru at McDonald's. They have no idea what they're actually doing and always end up going in that room behind the tills for around 10 minutes to ask somebody for help. Jim and that woman who runs the club shop need binning off for a start. 

I dont get how big of a company king power are and there expertise in retail and they run the commercial side of a premier league club so badly. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

There's probably more chance of interacting with the players more at the training ground/at the car park before or after a game, than this type of event.

There's a sign outside the training ground now that says because of road safety the players will not stop to sign autographs.However don't think they always follow that rule as  they do still stop to sign on occasions depends on how many people are there.

44 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Or just turn up at their house, they love that.

Heard that Ranieri initially liked people going to his house in Oadby, but had started to become disgruntled when people were hanging around his house in the evening; although he didn't use the property for the whole week, due to preferring to live in the other property he has got (that's quite something) in London when he first came to England to manage Chelsea.

The same was with Mandaric when he lived in one of the flats across the canal from the stadium during his first couple of months, as that accommodation is a more a young professional etc living area and people spotted him and tried to approach him.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

The whole no talking instruction from players (as instructed by staff) is bizarre.

1- A simple hello by the player whilst signing wont slow things down

2 - The time it took for staff to give a bollocking for talking would have taken up more time than if the player said something anyway!

No common sense from the staff at all.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ian_marshall said:

From what's been described it sounds horrendous. Why do the club feel the need to have minders at a kids meet and greet session, what do they expect will happen?!?

The off field antics of the club are shocking and have been for a very long time. I really don't understand how they can get their commercial operations so wrong.

The level of incompetence is beyond belief and the staff generally speaking exhibit zero common sense.

No incentive to do anything about it. That's the problem in football. In any other industry they'd never get away with it but in football our loyalty is badly exploited.

That doesn't make it right either by the way. It's a disgrace and it's ridiculous how long crap like this has gone on at LCFC.

You're all lying!!

It's on lcfc website what a great day it was,

quote: 

Wilfred Ndidi, Adrien Silva and Fousseni Diabaté all made a special appearance at the City Fanstore at King Power Stadium on Wednesday
- Hundreds of supporters had photos taken with the first team players, as well as getting their autographs
- Midfielder Silva spoke of his delight after the signing session

Supporters flocked to the City Fanstore at King Power Stadium to have their photos taken with, and get their favourite pieces of merchandise signed by, the talented trio.

Shame on you all:scarf:

When was it the last time, as a whole, that suppprters got treated with diligence and respect with regards to customer service? In terms of, related to this scenario, treat people like how staff want to be treated etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a screening process in some of the customer service roles etc, and the recruitment company just picks out random applicants out of a hat for hiring.

From what's being said in the past, some of the supporters get treated by certain agency/LCFC staff as if they're a a herd of sheep.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

I looked at the pictures of the event and wondered why anyone would want to queue for hours for a signing session?

Working out the time versus reward ratio would ensure I drove past and did something else with my time. 

I always think for about 5 seconds I should take my son but as you say a quick assessment of how pissed off I will get vs the 2 secs of joy for my son wins me over and I ignore it. Can’t say I am surprised but why can’t they do these things better. Have the stuff like penalty kick inflatable etc outside to make waiting time easier or at least disperse people a bit