Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Who is our most Important player?

Who is Our Most important player?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Who is our Most important player?

2 hours ago, jumbo747 said:

It's Vardy for me at the moment, but I think if Harry Maguire can hold on to his stated intention to remain with City (and I don't think it will be that easy with some of the offers he will get), I think he is going to be so influential and massive for the team.

It's got nothing to do with the offers he gets and all to do with the offers the club gets and whether we think it's enough to replace him with him a similar or better player.

Mahrez proved that as a club we won't be bullied and he'd been here a number of years, Maguire signed a 5 year contract.

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

don't see why you named Wes tbh.

More to do with the fact he's club captain and played a big part in getting us to where we are more so than his contribution to this season...

Edited by MPH

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

More to do with the fact he's club captain and played a big part in getting us to where we are more so than his contribution to this season, tbh

depends how you read the question. I'm taking it present date and into the future not past.

56 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Apparently Talkshite have Kasper as our greatest ever No.1.

He's about 4th or 5th

'kin' idiots

What other keeper was part of a title winning team? Don't forget football did not exist pre prem era. So shilt's banks and Wallington won't count.

You can look at this in different ways.  Going into most games now, our chances would be seriously reduced without any of Vardy, Mahrez or Ndidi.  Looking forward as well …

Although Mahrez is "the" difference maker, he is gone very soon.  We need to be evolving away from, rather than staying dependent on, him to create chances.

Wilf’s elite destructive game is also critical, he’s ours until 2022, and will only keep expanding his game.  He is likely to make the largest, most irreplaceable contribution now and over the next few years as Vardy starts to fade.

4 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Mahrez. I don't like saying it, but he is. Huge void to fill in the summer, he's so much of our creativity.

Mahrez for me as well, imo opinion hes the difference were pushing for 7th place and not in the bottom 7. 

I do love Vardy though... absolute hero!

Vardy isn't our most important player, simple as. 
We can win without him and in an impressive way a my add. Just off the top of my mind, the everton game from the title winning season and huddersfield this season.

Backed by stats and the eye test, the little genuis still reign supreme!:riyad:

if mahrez doesn't play vardy is usually pretty rubbish, if vardy doesn't play most the team is completely irrelevant. so vardy. 

with vardy and mahrez in reasonable form we can beat/match pretty much anyone in the league, without either or both we are rubbish. 

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

if mahrez doesn't play vardy is usually pretty rubbish, if vardy doesn't play most the team is completely irrelevant. so vardy. 

with vardy and mahrez in reasonable form we can beat/match pretty much anyone in the league, without either or both we are rubbish. 

a couple of examples of that please.

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Vardy isn't our most important player, simple as. 
We can win without him and in an impressive way a my add. Just off the top of my mind, the everton game from the title winning season and huddersfield this season.

Your argument would be somewhat stronger if you got your facts right. Vardy played against Everton twice in the title winning season - perhaps you meant Swansea?.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1