Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Who is our most Important player?

Who is Our Most important player?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Who is our Most important player?

We all know who our most skillful player is.. but is he the one who is the most important to our team? Would we be where we are without kaspers saves? Ndidi's ball-winning? Maguire's blocks/tackles? Vardy's pressure and goals?

I'm just interested who people think is the most important to us? Our title-winning captin!?

Edited by MPH

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

Playing devil's advocate. here.... But what happens to Vardy when he gets no service? 

I wouldn’t summarise Vardy is all about what service you give him unlike some strikers. His work rate & closing down high up the field gives capacity to those behind him, so if he’s not getting the service he is still our most important player in my view.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

Playing devil's advocate. here.... But what happens to Vardy when he gets no service? 

He works his balls off to create an opportunity like against Man City away

Forces defenders into mistakes

Mahrez is our most talented. And he creates the most chances to win games. But Matty James and Wes could well be fantastic for the team as a whole. And Shinij's crazy work rate on the field demands a mention. There was that sports scientist who said he'd root "terrorists" out of the team, meaning players who were bad for the team dynamic. Our most important player is probably the opposite to those kinds of players, both on and off the pitch.

Edited by Foxxed

Vardy by some distance, we don't look like scoring against decent opposition when he isn't on the pitch. He's synonymous with our brand of football.

Replacing him and Mahrez are impossible jobs.

19 minutes ago, MattP said:

Vardy by some distance, we don't look like scoring against decent opposition when he isn't on the pitch. He's synonymous with our brand of football.

Replacing him and Mahrez are impossible jobs.

16 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I put Wellens, but in reality it is most definitely Vardy.

He sets the temp for the whole team and epitomizes how we play.

Again,  just playing devil's advocate, here.... Have we actually struggled to score without Vardy being in the side?

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Again,  just playing devil's advocate, here.... Have we actually struggled to score without Vardy being in the side?

No I understand what you mean, take the Huddersfield game, we changed our style of play and Slimani ran riot.

But I've always considered us as a hardworking team though and do think Vardy symbolizes that perfectly. 

I do think seeing how badly we missed Mahrez recently though he is also very important in terms of creativity, maybe more so than Vardy... I'm doubting myself now, can I change my answer? lol 

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

No I understand what you mean, take the Huddersfield game, we changed our style of play and Slimani ran riot.

But I've always considered us as a hardworking team though and do think Vardy symbolizes that perfectly. 

I do think seeing how badly we missed Mahrez recently though he is also very important in terms of creativity, maybe more so than Vardy... I'm doubting myself now, can I change my answer? lol 

Haha, im just provoking discussion!

It's Vardy for me at the moment, but I think if Harry Maguire can hold on to his stated intention to remain with City (and I don't think it will be that easy with some of the offers he will get), I think he is going to be so influential and massive for the team.

It's a team game. We win as a team and we lose as a team. Nobody is more important than anyone else....

(apart from Mahrez who's a smacked arse little genius, game changer and match winner :D)

• Haha 2

Kasper Schmeichel an embarrassing inclusion. He's cost us so many points this season.

Vardy for me. Without his tireless effort and goals we would be nowhere. Even last season despite criticism I dont think his levels dropped.. just the quality of service he received did. He's pretty close to becoming a club legend.. he probably is alreayd isn't he actually?

Last season Mahrez was half of the player he is atm. Not because he downed the tools (lol) but because of our negative set-up and a terrible midfield. Vardy had a long, dire period for the same reasons and, as a spearhead, can't do much if he doesn't get the ball.

I consider both of them to be our key players, however a strong midfield is the key to get the most of them.

Edited by ZeGuy