Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Newcastle 2 post match thread.

5 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Singling out Morgan or the gaffer is beyond pathetic.

We never looked like we were or even wanted to win.

The best players didn't turn up. Mahrez looked like he was already on holiday and made one wrong choice after another, Albrighton polished his run of crosses and passes to the opposition, even Vardy who besides his tap-in couldn't be arsed to fall back a bit instead of waiting between two defenders for a ball which was never going to land at his feet. 

Diabaté is still too rough and his end product lacks a bit but was as well as Silva, the only one who wanted to make things happen. Add to two key midfielders out, a catastrophic mistake and there you have it.

The coach started the best possible team and made the subs on time. It's a collective failure on the pitch.

Do you not think the style of play that's been nothing short of shit for a long time now is down to puel? 

• Like 2

Guest Mee-9

Club announces plans to spend 80m on a new training ground.

Club announces plans to upgrade the stadium, invest in surrounding areas and increase capacity. 

Lose 2-1 to a Championship side. 

Priceless. 

It was shit and an example of a game between a side who couldn’t care less and a team who wanted to win everything. Newcastle were excellent defensively but it just highlighted our shortcomings. 

Silva tried but was practically playing centre midfield on his own. Diabate was one of few who wanted to receive the ball but took too long to decide what to do with it. Mahrez couldn’t be arsed and his touch and short passing as gone to shit, lucky to get his move in the summer. 

Vardy has has become ruthless with his chances but again he spends most of the game standing next to a defender waiting for the perfect pass. Lack of options for Morgan and co

on the ball is embarrassing. 

Not happy with how we are playing but will continue to say that Puel needs the summer to make changes. 

10 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

We dont deserve 7th really.  We’ve been shit since January.

Puel’s game relies on players being very comfortable on the ball with both feet and to move it quickly.  Morgan, Chilwell, Albrighton, Simpson and Okazaki just aren’t up to it.  

We were bad today just as we were against every other struggling team we’ve played at home.  7th will be put to bed when Burnley beat us next week and we can all just allow the season to fizzle out.

I think we will get beat comprehensively by the Dychemen and that will be it. We've had more chances to grab that spot than is necessary and we've blown it each time. Next week will be a massive wake up for us, they will rail road us and score a few and we will draw a blank.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Because Okazaki is average or really shit in most games? 

He is the only player who can play with Vardy - he has proved that for the last 3 years and it has worked wonders for us. If you can't see that I do not know what you have been watching.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Do you not think the style of play that's been nothing short of shit for a long time now is down to puel? 

No and I won't join the angry mob.

Edited by ZeGuy

We are just coasting towards the end of the season in no danger of going down. To be fair, I couldn't care less if the performances don't improve. Every garbage performance between now and the end of the season heightens the chances of him being shown the door when the season finishes and I for one will be happy with that.  It's not that we are playing bad because we are out of form as such. We are playing bad because Puels tactics are shocking.  It's one thing to lose but look like you are trying to do the right thing, but it's another to look like you are going to lose from kick off because the manager has no idea what to do.

Granted, we scrape the occasional result but asides from West Brom who are total fodder and an away win at Southampton, how many other games can we say we've been the better team in in the past 4 or 5 months.

Edited by kristianity77
  • Thanks 2

worse football I think I've seen us play in 15 years

What? Even worse than 2007-2008 and the four seasons prior to that one? I do however echo a concern that our home record is shockingly poor and if this continues into next season (minus the Mahrez factor) then relegation is a certain possibility. My last point is

the first rule of Vardy club is play with a big partner up front with said Vardy

the second rule of Vardy club is........oh fvck it I cannt be bothered to state the obvious.

Players clearly don't want European football.  Not playing for it, not up for it.

Team decent on paper, no execution. 

Collectively poor. 

You can call Puel all you want but the players mentality out there is unacceptable.

Oh, and Morgan is past it.  Drop the captaincy and give it to someone else.  He didn't lead from the back at all.  No direction on the pitch.

1 minute ago, ousefox said:

He is the only player who can play with Vardy - he has proved that for the last 3 years and it has worked wonders for us. If you can't see that I do not know what you have been watching.

Well  big news we don't play like this since well, we won the title for obvious reasons, one of them being now at Chelsea. He's shit forward and not adapted to Puel's style of play who needs a real 10.

12 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Because Okazaki is average or really shit in most games? 

He's not though is he?

Are you someone who would prefer Slimani?? 

How many times does it need to be proved that unless Shinji starts we start awfully. He comes off and helps get s goal today. Come skn Vs Chelsea at home in cup and a equaliser follows

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ousefox said:

No goals in how many months? Only his second assist in 3 years as a forward?

Sorry, but he is like playing with 10 men most of the time. It's depressing that we apparently have no-one that can play with Vardy, and the only bloke that can spends most of each game on the floor.

24 minutes ago, Collibosher70 said:

Is it some of the players that are no good or the manager ? 

Manager trying to implement a new system, with so far rather mediocre results and a very bland style of football on show.

Sucking some of the confidence out of the players=more stupid mistakes on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

He's not though is he?

How many times does it need to be proved that unless Shinji starts we start awfully. He comes off and helps get s goal today. Come skn Vs Chelsea at home in cup and a equaliser follows

How many times has he had games where he has done **** all though? lol 

Yes he was good 3 years ago, but I don't get the hype anymore. If he was a new player and put in his performances lately i.e fall over and break up attacks because he can't do the basics, everyone would say he was dogshit. He is a nice guy but time's up for me.

As for Slim, I don't prefer him there as Slim is a number 9. I would prefer an actually attacking midfielder. 

Edited by lgfualol

Guest ttfn
15 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

People coming out with 'we're missing key players'

Was that the same for Stoke, Bournemouth and Swansea at home too??! 

Negative football

Except this game was nothing like the other 3 games, in which a combination of  poor finishing and final balls left us with far fewer points than we deserved. 

Today we got exactly what we deserved which was nothing. Newcastle were well-organised, extremely physical and took their chances. Our lot weren’t up for it.

First half an hour was particularly poor, one of the poorest spells of football we’ve put together since promotion. 

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

How many times has he had games where he has done **** all though? lol 

Yes he was good 3 years ago, but I don't get the hype anymore. If he was a new player and put in his performances lately i.e fall over and break up attacks because he can't do the basics, everyone would say he was dogshit. He is a nice guy but time's up for me.

As for Slim, I don't prefer him there as Slim is a number 9. I would prefer an actually attacking midfielder. 

But no one else but Okazaki currently works does it?

He's not a long term option and we do need to keep trying to replace him. But we can't find anyone currently and haven't done previously.

Slimani failed. Musa failed. Nacho failed. 

Yes we need an upgrade but right now we have no one better

6 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

He's not though is he?

Oh come on. He's fine if we need to defend from the front against but let's not kid ourselves. He's pretty bad with a football.