Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Newcastle 2 post match thread.

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

It's interesting how many people wanted Slimani out before January and are now criticising the club for sending him out. Fickle, fickle Leicester fans.

They're not necessarily the same people.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

True, but the percentage between wanting him in or out has completely switched, so there will be overlap.

I'd say the side that's vocal has just switched. Although I wouldn't be surprised if some changed their opinion after we swing countless amounts of crosses into the box where we have nobody to win it.

9 minutes ago, smitha said:

Last home win in the league was January 20th next home game April 19th, that is 3 months without a home win, quite incredible that we are still 8th. It is a massive summer for the club and some big decisions have to be made with the squad especially with a potential redevelopment of the ground on the cards!!!

Do you trust Puel with the summer transfer kitty? 

That's the key question really. A month ago I would say let's see who he brings in. But watching his inability to coach & motivate the players and stubborness with some squad/tactical decisions (it's very hit and miss) I'm not sure I do. We have some talented players here and it's very worrying to see he is unable to get the best out of them.

And as for the summer transfers we will have to gamble again and since we weren't great at gambling recently I'm not setting up my hopes too high.

35 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

He's not beyond criticism but what the fck was he supposed to do more today? He started the best team he could. Should he get on the pitch and teach everyone how to fcking shoot on target? Both goals were due to abysmal defending and I repeat the best players didn't turn up. 

He made a massive mistake in letting the two target men go. Now the opposition just need to sit deep, pack the midfield and let us cross to two midgets with the result we all know. That's why we're so shit at home. Unless Mahrez or Vardy score a worldie, it will be the case until we get a 10, a real one, not one who spends most of his time on his arse.

It took Guardiola two seasons and half a billion to get his team clicking and he's still far away from ruling european foot. Mourinho didn't win the PL after two seasons, Klopp neither. Yet you lot want fcking results after 8 months and a january window.

Get a fcking grip.

He's started various starting XIs several times, with Ndidi, Iborra, Silva, Gray, and more rotating or coming in because of others' injury.

It's not the players, it's our system. It's Puel.

Our style of play has become bland and predictable, we pass it around for x amount of times, somehow make it somewhere near the opposing box, then falter because no one seems to want to play the decisive pass. Our strikers, Vardy above all, become isolated, Okazaki's not linking up well with him any longer, we have no urgency or fluidity to our game.

The only thing that matters to Puel is possession-based football. He's had months to implement this style since he came along and it's mostly been a disaster. There is little end product, our most creative player went on a bit of a strike and hasn't got that freshness anymore that he once had.

The remaining players are too chicken to create anything. Our central midfield is chopped and changed on a regular basis - not only due to Puel's decision, I might add.

Numerous amount of games we've come out of the dugout with no desire to impose ourselves onto the opposition. We're easy to read and tend to throw first halves away like crazy.

It beggars belief.

And let's not forget that the Brighton away win was lucky, very lucky. Most home games have been a drab under Puel and I'm really fed up with the way we're playing at present. Nothing left of the counter-attacking excellence, players' confidence isn't the best anymore, even some of the most experienced players are now coming up with some of the most basic errors. Morgan today, for example.

I feel as if we're slightly regressing at the moment, for every step we make, we make one and a half back. That we're still 8th says more about the teams behind us than it does about our own qualities (or absence thereof).

Btw, no need to dish out like you did with your last sentence.

Knowing that you're German (Cologne in particular), I tend to read it with a Kölsch accent. lol

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Beechey said:

It's interesting how many people wanted Slimani out before January and are now criticising the club for sending him out. Fickle, fickle Leicester fans.

Well, yeah. He's been out injured for about six out of the last seven league games.

But m'kay. Go on.

Just now, MC Prussian said:

Well, yeah. He's been out injured for about six out of the last seven league games.

But m'kay. Go on.

He got injured mid-January mate, the people wanting him to leave were vocal way before then.

But m'kay, go on.

Just now, Beechey said:

He got injured mid-January mate, the people wanting him to leave were vocal way before then.

But m'kay, go on.

I don't see why bringing up Slimani adds anything constructive to our current mini-crisis.

With our without him, Puel has failed to implement a system that suits our players.

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

I reckon we should just sign managers on a game by game contract, lose and you're out, win and you get one more week. 

What a plan! You’ll be coach 2 months then you can play whoever you want. What a coup plotter you are.

I'm all for giving Puel a certain amount of time to see what he does over the summer but I am also shit scared that we will turn into flatliner mid-table mediocrity, never pushing for anything.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

I don't see why bringing up Slimani adds anything constructive to our current mini-crisis.

With our without him, Puel has failed to implement a system that suits our players.

Why bring that up with me? Bring it up with the guys who are lamenting a manager for not "keeping" him, despite the decision not being his.

29 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

He's not beyond criticism but what the fck was he supposed to do more today? He started the best team he could. Should he get on the pitch and teach everyone how to fcking shoot on target? Both goals were due to abysmal defending and I repeat the best players didn't turn up. 

He made a massive mistake in letting the two target men go. Now the opposition just need to sit deep, pack the midfield and let us cross to two midgets with the result we all know. That's why we're so shit at home. Unless Mahrez or Vardy score a worldie, it will be the case until we get a 10, a real one, not one who spends most of his time on his arse.

It took Guardiola two seasons and half a billion to get his team clicking and he's still far away from ruling european foot. Mourinho didn't win the PL after two seasons, Klopp neither. Yet you lot want fcking results after 8 months and a january window.

Get a fcking grip.

Well he could have tried to change things earlier? it was obvious after about 20 minutes that they way we were set up wasn't working. But he did nothing. There is also a pattern emerging where we play really badly for the first half and then improve slightly in the second.

He talks a lot about tempo but he clearly doesn't understand the meaning of the word as his side playes with zero tempo. Also a good manager asesses his assets (for want of a better word) and maximises their use. He fails utterly to do this and yes I know he's trying to change the way we play but it isn't really working that well. I wouldn't expect a plumber to change my taps using a saw but this seems to be his approach. I call that poor management.

I also go to watch football in the hope of being entertained. If anyone thinks the way we play for most of the games is entertainment then they have a different idea to me.

It is up to the manger to motivate and we didn't look motivated one bit. Until we bring in around 6-8 fresh players it is up to him to utilise those he has in the best way to win matches and to entertain the paying public. At the moment he is doing neither. We play with no intensity, we move the ball in transition at snails pace, the first instinct of all our players appears to have become to pass backwards, we commit hardly any players forward when attacking and we don't use one of our strengths which is speed at all and we no longer press and seem unable to tackle which means we allow the opposioton both too much time and space.

I don't know what to think at the moment but I have no faith in our recruitment to get the correct players required and a rapidly diminsihing lack of belief in the manager. With each passing game we seem to get worse.

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Was it a penalty (Mahrez)?

It wasn’t given so technically no

i thought it was but plenty seem to think not

on the basis that some of those that think no have never struck me as being ‘football ignorant’ I would say currently not proven awaiting MOTD