Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Newcastle 2 post match thread.

I said it in the match thread and I'll say it again. We had a mini league until the end of the season to fight for European football once again! Since then we have had one decent performance against West Brom. 

After winning the league I question whether some of those players have the desire to fight for a 7th place finish. 

We play boring football, any professional player and even amateurs at UCL level (not champions league) are capable of knocking a ball sideways and backwards. 

Its telling that we look most dangerous when Maguire brings the ball out of defence. That should not be the case. 

We lack penetration, we play the ball around too slowly and let teams sit back in formation against us. I hate watching England but we become more like them with each week the passes by. 

Burnley will put a few past us next weekend. 

Fair play to Silva I thought he looked tidy. 

• Like 1

I love shinjis smiling face but he often fails with a first touch. Morgan and Simpson are past it. Iborra is fairly sound but I think his injuries get the best of him at this point in his career. Diabate needs his strength and decision making improving and that goes for chilwell too. 

10 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

He's not though is he?

Are you someone who would prefer Slimani?? 

How many times does it need to be proved that unless Shinji starts we start awfully. He comes off and helps get s goal today. Come skn Vs Chelsea at home in cup and a equaliser follows

well, you can prove anything with stats

3 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

But no one else but Okazaki currently works does it?

He's not a long term option and we do need to keep trying to replace him. But we can't find anyone currently and haven't done previously.

Slimani failed. Musa failed. Nacho failed. 

Yes we need an upgrade but right now we have no one better

They failed as they are not number 10s. Okazaki isn't either, but he runs about more. The club keep ****ing up.

How depressing. I'd just put Iborra there at home. He can get in the box and get on the end of a cross and keep on his feet.

• Like 3

Where the fvck do I start with that shambles?

How can anybody defend this fraud of a manager, trying to change us for the better some say...absolute bollocks. First half was yet again boring, I must've yawned about thirty times. Second half was more entertaining only because the game got feisty. 

Blame the ref, blame whoever, we deserved nothing today, Newcastle wanted it more and fully deserved the three points. 

Drawing at home to Swansea, Stoke and Bournemouth, losing to Newcastle, that is laughable for a team trying to fight for a European place, seventh place...we don't deserve it.

Only positive for me today was Silva, few stray passes to begin with but he grew into the game and on the ball he dramatically improved.

I said the other week our home form must improve for Puel to stay, so far still no change, I'm really starting to lose patience.

Just now, ZeGuy said:

He's not beyond criticism but what the fck was he supposed to do more today? He started the best team he could. Should he get on the pitch and teach everyone how to fcking shoot on target? Both goals were due to abysmal defending and I repeat the best players didn't turn up. 

He made a massive mistake in letting the two target men go. Now the opposition just need to sit deep, pack the midfield and let us cross to two midgets with the result we all know. That's why we're so shit at home. Unless Mahrez or Vardy score a worldie, it will be the case until we get a 10, a real one, not one who spends most of his time on his arse.

It took Guardiola two seasons and half a billion to get his team clicking and he's still far away from ruling european foot. Mourinho didn't win the PL after two seasons, Klopp neither. Yet you lot want fcking results after 8 months and a january window.

Get a fcking grip.

Nobody is asking him to win the league, just look like we're capable of beating crap teams at home. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

We were shit before Puel and are still shit with Puel. To be honest it’s a ****ing miracle he’s got us to  the top 10. 

Get a grip. We are 8th. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Well  big news we don't play like this since well, we won the title for obvious reasons, one of them being now at Chelsea. He's shit forward and not adapted to Puel's style of play who needs a real 10.

Big news: when he was on the pitch we actually started playing with more urgency & qualiteee and he had an assist. He seemed to be adapted pretty well for puelball at the start, watch the Southampton away if your memory is too short. He just needs to be played regularly to get in good form, if he isn't his form fluctuates like with any player.

1 minute ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Big news: when he was on the pitch we actually started playing with more urgency & qualiteee and he had an assist. He seemed to be adapted pretty well for puelball at the start, watch the Southampton away if your memory is too short. He just needs to be played regularly to get in good form, if he isn't his form fluctuates like with any player.

Needs to be played regularly? But he actually does. He's just shit forward and very inconsistent. Either good or dramatically bad. We'll play him as long as we have no alternative. However, his time is over. Just like Simpson or Morgan.

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Where the fvck do I start with that shambles?

How can anybody defend this fraud of a manager, trying to change us for the better some say...absolute bollocks. First half was yet again boring, I must've yawned about thirty times. Second half was more entertaining only because the game got feisty. 

Blame the ref, blame whoever, we deserved nothing today, Newcastle wanted it more and fully deserved the three points. 

Drawing at home to Swansea, Stoke and Bournemouth, losing to Newcastle, that is laughable for a team trying to fight for a European place, seventh place...we don't deserve it.

Only positive for me today was Silva, few stray passes to begin with but he grew into the game and on the ball he dramatically improved.

I said the other week our home form must improve for Puel to stay, so far still no change, I'm really starting to lose patience.

You're frustrated as we all are. I think we have to give this guy a summer and then see where we are at the end of this year. I am not impressed so far but to be fair he hasn't had a summer to sort things out. There's potential in the side but we have not really showed it. 

As others have said, Guardiola and Mourinho get a season to bed in and to give time for the seeds to grow. To be honest we are no better than we were with Shakespeare if you look at their respective games record so jury is out but they shouldn't come in to give a verdict just yet.   

7 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

He's not beyond criticism but what the fck was he supposed to do more today? He started the best team he could. Should he get on the pitch and teach everyone how to fcking shoot on target? Both goals were due to abysmal defending and I repeat the best players didn't turn up. 

He made a massive mistake in letting the two target men go. Now the opposition just need to sit deep, pack the midfield and let us cross to two midgets with the result we all know. That's why we're so shit at home. Unless Mahrez or Vardy score a worldie, it will be the case until we get a 10, a real one, not one who spends most of his time on his arse.

It took Guardiola two seasons and half a billion to get his team clicking and he's still far away from ruling european foot. Mourinho didn't win the PL after two seasons, Klopp neither. Yet you lot want fcking results after 8 months and a january window.

Get a fcking grip.

For a start there was no need to end it like that, you might not agree with me but let's not take it there. It's easy to sit on your high horse watching a stream in your arm chair but I don't believe for a second you'd pay to actually go and watch this football next year. 

Secondly it's not only this game though is it? It's been going on for months. We've got away with absolute murder in some games and rescued points where the players have been finally allowed to throw everything at it that we didn't deserve. Last week we won 2-0 and it would take the blues of tinted specs to pretend we deserved that. 

Teams sat deep when he first took over. We coped ok not playing a target man. He has always said he wants Vardy as the striker. When he was transitioning over from the previous style to this one we were fantastic. 4231. The 3 behind Vardy had free roam across that line and it was beautiful. So why did he stop that? 

We pass side to side to side to side. No shot on target at home to Newcastle until the 84th minute and nobody in the stadium is surprised. Because that's what people are expecting from puel.

You're completely missing the point, it's not people being angry we aren't challenging for 4th it's people annoyed that we're boring, passive, have 0 intent. 

Take your blind fold off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

oh yeah another manager is going to sort things out, how about a bit of long termism rather than wanting to chuck out whoever after a bad result. Puel has signed one player, we've known since we won the league that the squad is aging and we do need replacements. I knew today was lost without Ndidi, we don't have a player who can really do his job as effective as him. 

Last home win in the league was January 20th next home game April 19th, that is 3 months without a home win, quite incredible that we are still 8th. It is a massive summer for the club and some big decisions have to be made with the squad especially with a potential redevelopment of the ground on the cards!!!

Do you trust Puel with the summer transfer kitty? 

Looking at todays performance I'm starting to think us not being in Europe next year is a good thing. We're nowhere near good enough to be in the Europa League and be at average at best in the league. If we somehow did end up getting into Europe (which looks quite doubtful now) I could see us quite easily getting relegated. Other than that, Morgan is useless. At fault for both of the goals today. 

• Like 1

Horrible performance from start to finish. I think us scoring flattered us.

We're too easy to play against.

It's going to take a long time to get it right under Puel I think. Forget Europe this year. It's a laughable travesty if we make it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Every team we come up against know to pack the middle and press oiur midfeild and then just spend the next 90 mins heading it away! 

It is true to say that we have become very easy to play against. Let us have possession; we'll flatter ourselves that we look good passing it about  in non-danger areas then we'll give the ball back. We used to be dangerous, now we're humdrum.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Get a fcking grip.

Mate bringing Guardiola into this conversation is just rank stupid.

The tactics have been shit for weeks, the manager is responsible.

Do i think we should sack Puel, NO, he needs to bring his own players in etc.  However if he can't get the best of what he has got then tough shit, manager takes the blame.  If performance s have been awful, rightfully the manager takes the blame. This isn't knee jerk reaction stuff, the stuff Puel has been doing is if his own doing and for several weeks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Needs to be played regularly? But he actually does. He's just shit forward and very inconsistent. Either good or dramatically bad. We'll play him as long as we have no alternative. However, his time is over. Just like Simpson or Morgan.

'Dramatically'? Your posts are being dramatical mate. Either he or Ian needs to be a starter just behind Vards, simples. You gotta play with what you have and stop wishful thinking. And the Slimani back brigade, this is ridiculous. He was consistenly poor for us barely has a sniff of the pitch for Newcastle (played one mediocre game so far?) and you still want him? Can't play with Vards, can't even win headers.. must be something about his hand waving I'm missing.

Well everyone's time is over at some point such is life and football and if Puel keeps on with this slumbering zero motivation pressing-less kind of football having all the good/decent players he has at his disposal (with one or two exceptions) and giving us first half shit showers like this against Newcastle then I sincerely hope his time will be over sooner