Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Newcastle 2 post match thread.

First up I want to say well done to Newcastle. They clearly had worked hard on the training pitch and had a plan to play us, they implemeted that plan and every single one of their players looked like they wanted to win more than ours, and that hurts to say that. The performance today was a disgrace, not acceptable under any circumstances. They didn't look like they had practiced together at times let alone played together and they didn't look motivated at all.

Maguire lucky to stay on the pitch.

Morgan hopeless defending.

Simpson just terrible

Iborra useless

Diabate  someone tell him you don't get free kicks just for falling over.

Chilwell another poor game he used to run with the ball but now just stops and passes backwards. One decent cross but otherwise poor delivery as usual.

Albrighton poor

Mahrez starting to look like he's already playing for another club largely ineffective

Vardy yet again spent most of the time isolated. Silva was poor to start with but at least mede some forward passes and showed some quality, probably the best of a bad bunch.

What was it? One shot on target in the whole match. It didn't feel like more than that. Our corners were yet again useless (do we work on them at all?) and we're 2-1 down and they get a corner and we bring all 11 players back into our own penalty area.

Under Puel we might have more possession but we're just too passive especially at home. At least we're good at passing it sideways though.

Edited by reynard
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Was it a penalty (Mahrez)?

At first I thought so, then replays changed my mind, then changed it back again. So...  seen them given.

Mahrez's trailing foot was clipped I thought, their bloke pulled out of the challenge after that initial contact but Mahrez let himself fall (shall we say)

We are not utilising our star players. They may as well not be playing. We can paper over the cracks with an away win at Brighton away but on the whole,I know,you know,we all know we are a poor shadow of our former self. I don't want to be doom and gloom but if we have this same stragedy next season where teams have sussed us out and we can't attack then we are fecked

52 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

Out of interest , how many games home or away do you go ? Easy not to moan, when you don't turn up week in week out. 

Right, because following it on TV makes the game less shit to watch.

55 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Why bring that up with me? Bring it up with the guys who are lamenting a manager for not "keeping" him, despite the decision not being his.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough. I concur with your assessment - bringing up Slimani in the discussion now is pretty much pointless, as he wouldn't have been able to help us in the past few games.

• Like 1

Half-hearted never beats fully committed.

Shameful display, but well done Newcastle.

Puel's post-match comments seem to suggest he saw it like we did (i.e. too slow etc) but the difference is he is responsible and can actually do something to change it. He is way too passive during the game, and the players seem to follow his lead.

I've had a lousy week. Then this morning I cracked a tooth and needed an emergency dentist. The car broke down on the way there and then I when I went to pay I discovered that my ex had emptied my account.

Then, just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, I was given one of those bloody free season tickets.

You couldn't make it up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I've had a lousy week. Then this morning I cracked a tooth and needed an emergency dentist. The car broke down on the way there and then I when I went to pay I discovered that my ex had emptied my account.

Then, just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, I was given one of those bloody free season tickets.

You couldn't make it up.

...apart from that.. 

What a cracking day! 

6 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

You couldn't make it up.

Doesn't sound that bad though.

Sorry to sound cheeky but I predicted this. First goal went through a giant Ndidi-shaped hole in the backfield. Newcastle still have to play Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and had to get something from this. All anyone talked about the last week was the "match-for-7th" game against Burnley. What did you guys expect? Never look two matches ahead. 

Without the Ndidi-Iborra engine room Burnley will be a handful. 

Was good to see Silva get some game time and start getting up to speed. This was his best match so far. 

Edited by Pete from the USA
  • Like 1

Woeful display this afternoon with so many players not at the races (or probably were at the races). They know they are safe in 8th spot have no real desire or ambition to get any higher and so dish up this garbage. Massive shake up required if this Club is going to progress.

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Woeful display this afternoon with so many players not at the races (or probably were at the races). They know they are safe in 8th spot have no real desire or ambition to get any higher and so dish up this garbage. Massive shake up required if this Club is going to progress.

To be fair I didn't really think NU had anything to play for today but outplayed us nearly all game. They are now closer to us than we are to Burnley. Burnley went one-nil down and clawed back. We had 7th to play for but we looked like it was no real thing. Quite appalled by our apathy today