Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Newcastle 2 post match thread.

29 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

Sorry to sound cheeky but I predicted this. First goal went through a giant Ndidi-shaped hole in the backfield.Newcastle still have to play Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and had to get something from this. All anyone talked about the last week was the "match-for-7th" game against Burnley. What did you guys expect? Never look two matches ahead. 

Without the Ndidi-Iborra engine room Burnley will be a handful. 

Was good to see Silva get some game time and start getting up to speed. This was his best match so far. 

Where the fvck is that?

• Haha 1

Like last year, ending the season on a wimper. Damaging defeat today. Only if we win ALL our remaining games can we salvage 7th. Burnley are better than us at the moment and deserve it.

Only positives I'll take is Choudhury getting on and another goal for Vards. Oh and happy birthday Vichai!

René had them set up well, the geordies pressed us, bullied us and didn’t look like a struggling side to me. They did to us what we used to do to teams. We created nothing, if looked like a stonewall penalty from where we were but the linesman didn’t flag so the reg doesn’t give it. Silva played well as did the hare bear bunch young lad. In my opinion it’s a good job we have about crawled over the line because if we were on 30 something points I would be worried.   

How long is wilf banned for? We need to try and stay in 8th place now and not slip down the table. Realistically even if we beat Burnley I can't see us sneaking into 7th place now, they look like they have got out of their bad form. Hopefully puel gets some signings he wants in the summer to get us playing and creating more chances from the first min not the 70th, 

maybe he could use the last games this season to get drago in the team along side harry to build for next season. Although not ideal being with out wilf and Iborra we will see if hamza is decent enough to step up and stay in the first team squad next season 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Dyche is a much better tactician than ‘our nige’

Maybe worth bringing in Nige to manage just for this one game. Nigel vs Dyche mark 5.

To be honest we are so awful at the moment, only one win in last six home games (vs. a second string Sheffield Utd team in the Cup) that we will get a pummelling all over the pitch by Burnley. We don't look up for it, they are and they are together with belief. Watch former players Wood and their Centre Back Mee score - it will be an absolute sickener I feel and a big wake up call for everyone

3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Positives about today’s game Choudary Silva and diabate showed Promise Gray did well for the few minutes that he came on !!

Negatives Read this thread it’ll give you all the negatives you can need !!

Diabete was pap

Just a crap day- the performance was flat, the crowd was uninspired, the referee was useless. 

7th has probably gone but I hope the season doesn't just drift away. 8th wouldn't be a terrible effort and ending seasons well is important.

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Had a great day, curry at Kahal with a FT member and then met and had a few beers with another of my fave FT posters @Gerbold who incidentally looks exactly like his profile pic! How spooky is that!

Corbyn?..

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bazly said:

Terrible, one shot on target at home against a struggling side is really poor. Everyone's gone to the beach already.

That is exactly what I saw today apart from Choudhury who obviously had a point to prove,the rest had their Flip Flops on!Has anyone told them it is possible if we finish 7th that we get into Europe!

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Just re watched it on MOTD, how the ref or linesman don't give it is beyond me. The linesman is 10 yards away at most.

It doesn't matter if it is given or not. The second the ref says no then you need to move on and win the game by scoring goals. We never looked dangerous at any time !!

Penalties come and go .. somedays Yes .. others No   

We have to score to win .. Full Stop

Whining about a refs decision when we didn't deserve the win anyway is laughable 

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Had a great day, curry at Kahal with a FT member and then met and had a few beers with another of my fave FT posters @Gerbold who incidentally looks exactly like his profile pic! How spooky is that!

I love that other FT posters have met other FT posters in real life. Met @HoustonFox at the PSG match in LA. Imagine I met a few others as well and didn’t know it. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Penalty every day of the year. 

It Definitely is, having seen the incident live I thought it was but then reading on here people who watched on television said it wasn’t I would have thought it was more debatable then that