Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Newcastle 2 post match thread.

I thought Silva showed some impressive touches and passing , his best performance so far. We should have been awarded a penalty and conceded a slapstick comedy goal which hopefully wont be replicated so it just wasn't our day unfortunately. 

We are not making chances.  We got 2 chances against brighton when they were tired.  Newcastle..stoke...bournmouth ...swansea were all games where we created little 

How to turn possession in to goals. ... thats been the issue for 2 months and we're not making progress. Cmon puel ..sort it out

19 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Why do we only play like that for the last 30 minutes every game? Why does Puel not set us up like that in the first place? Game after game after game. Vardy cannot play on his own. Pure and simple.

Fed up of the same mistake every week. 

Exactly!!!

Every game is the same at home.

- Start slow, have possession but not do much. 

- Concede a terrible goal, usually just before half time. 

- Make some subs at 60 and start going for it. 

- Hope Mahrez or Vardy bail us out. 

We always look better when we go for it. Sure the game gets stretched but we look like scoring at least. 

I like the look of the team when we go for it. Play it on the floor but with urgency and threat. We need to play like that from the off!

• Like 1

Been thinking about the game before posting. I’m very despondent at the moment and not sure what’s happening with the team. We’ve just not tirned up the past few weeks and it’s getting mighty frustrating. Last week we were lucky to win, but the last 20 mins made me excited for yesterday, however that attacking energy never materialised, and we were outrun, and out passed by frankly, a very average Newcastle team (who thoroughly deserved all 3 points). 

I’m still in the Puel camp for now though, but he needs to get back some urgency into us quick sharp. Where’s the team that destroyed Spurs? Where’s the movement and link up play up front? Vardy has been too isolated for weeks now. We can all see it, so why isn’t Puel doing something about it? Much as I love Albrighton, he’s not the LM in a 4231, and a motivated Gray needs to come in. Maybe Marc could slot in at RB. Might as well try it for a game with two CMs to properly screen the back 4. Diabate was intelligent but way too weak. Mahrez in and out. 

The seaaon is all but over, we’ll be 8th - 10th, which is decent (would have taken it in a heartbeat at the start of the season) so let’s use the remaining games to get a solid system and start to prep for next season. 

seeing some newcastle fans on social media have a grumble that Maguire should been sent off for the gayle incident(wish he have walloped him tbh) but they cant really grumbl, he should have been sent off tbh for 2 yellows and got away with a stone wall penalty.

dont get me wrong we was awful, but they certainly got the rub of the green with decisions too

22 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

Maybe worth bringing in Nige to manage just for this one game. Nigel vs Dyche mark 5.

To be honest we are so awful at the moment, only one win in last six home games (vs. a second string Sheffield Utd team in the Cup) that we will get a pummelling all over the pitch by Burnley. We don't look up for it, they are and they are together with belief. Watch former players Wood and their Centre Back Mee score - it will be an absolute sickener I feel and a big wake up call for everyone

I am looking forward to the physical battle between Ashley "Attila" Barnes against Morgan/Maguire. Barnes is in the best form of his career with a bit of help from Wood.

His amazing (some would say miraculous) improvement may be down to his expensive hair transplant.:)

Edited by lancyclaret

Geordie in peace again.

Thought Benitez identified your danger men and the fact you were injury hit in the centre. Kept the ball away from dangerous players like Vardy and your Attacking Mid (Diabate?). Diame especially was obviously tasked with putting pressure on Iborra and Silva to disrupt the supply to your very dangerous forward players.

Think that makes us safe and to be able to say that so early given the pittance we've spent this season, the standard of players we've got and the disruption that Mike Ashley provides on an almost daily basis is amazing. Benitez won't win it, but he should at least get a nomination for Manager of the Year. Guardiola and Dyche have surpassed his performance, but to take a Championship side, with naff all spent on it, to 10th is remarkable. Best manager we've had since Robson.

Gladdened to see Newcastle getting credit on here, all too often the opposition board will insist they were robbed, especially when there were a couple of contentious decisions by the officials. For my part I think a red for Maguire would have been soft, but the letter of the law and all that. Similarly I think a penalty would have been soft, but I've seen them given.

Good luck for the rest of the season, and we'll see you next year :riyad:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Geordie in peace again.

Thought Benitez identified your danger men and the fact you were injury hit in the centre. Kept the ball away from dangerous players like Vardy and your Attacking Mid (Diabate?). Diame especially was obviously tasked with putting pressure on Iborra and Silva to disrupt the supply to your very dangerous forward players.

Think that makes us safe and to be able to say that so early given the pittance we've spent this season, the standard of players we've got and the disruption that Mike Ashley provides on an almost daily basis is amazing. Benitez won't win it, but he should at least get a nomination for Manager of the Year. Guardiola and Dyche have surpassed his performance, but to take a Championship side, with naff all spent on it, to 10th is remarkable. Best manager we've had since Robson.

Gladdened to see Newcastle getting credit on here, all too often the opposition board will insist they were robbed, especially when there were a couple of contentious decisions by the officials. For my part I think a red for Maguire would have been soft, but the letter of the law and all that. Similarly I think a penalty would have been soft, but I've seen them given.

Good luck for the rest of the season, and we'll see you next year :riyad:

Rafa to Leicester :schmike::ph34r:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TheFish said:

For my part I think a red for Maguire would have been soft, but the letter of the law and all that. Similarly I think a penalty would have been soft, but I've seen them given.

Take your point entirely but that whole situation was cooked up by the referee's inability to give the original foul. He attempted to play on and caused a reaction. Absolutely awful officiating. 

44 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

That's us blown seventh place then! oh well!

yes because we are shite.. however if we were a better team we could beat burnley and hope they lose another game. but it wont happen because they are better than us.

On 4/7/2018 at 23:01, HoustonFox said:

Yeah, it was awesome to meet you too!  Also got to meet with @The_77, who is one of my favourite people.  I'm sure a lot of people have met him, and hung out at Legends in NYC.  Houston isn't as glamorous of a location, but all welcome to meet if ever here. 

I don't care what the rest of the group chat says about you, you're not too bad of a guy, @HoustonFox.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, les-tah said:

yes because we are shite.. however if we were a better team we could beat burnley and hope they lose another game. but it wont happen because they are better than us.

Mee looks certain to be missing again - weakens our defence quite a bit although Kevin Long is steady enough. Like Keane, Tarkowski is only half the player without Ben Mee at his side.

I'd fancy us for a clean sheet if Mee could make a miraculous recovery but the JT/KL pairing will concede at least one.

Edited by lancyclaret

17 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Take your point entirely but that whole situation was cooked up by the referee's inability to give the original foul. He attempted to play on and caused a reaction. Absolutely awful officiating. 

To be fair, it looked like Maguire was getting away from Gayle and had he done so, I'm sure the referee would have been applauded for playing on (and likely would have had a word with Gayle). Also, if Maguire hadn't got away but didn't react to Gayle he would have won the foul. As it stands, Gayle being all over him shouldn't have resulted in Maguire shoving him in the face. Hence the yellow and the calls for a red card. Had Vardy done the same to Lascelles I know I'd want a foul, but I'd be frustrated if our lad had risked a red card by shoving your striker in the face.

Officiating in the Premier League remains light years ahead of that in the Championship.