Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Puel In or Out - A simple Poll

Puel In or Out?  

707 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

14 minutes ago, Mark - Reading said:

I assume you don’t/haven’t attend matches recently then? (I don’t mean to sound sarcastic) I’ve had a season ticket now for 27 years I travel 121 miles each way to watch it and for the first time in many seasons (and I was there for the League one dross) I don’t want to go, I sat at 35 mins stadium silent and I looked around. People were looking at the sky, yawning, arms folded and we were passing across the pitch for the umpteenth time and then back to Casper

Watford, Stoke, Swansea, BOurnemouth, Newcastle all should have been wins and it was like watching paint dry

we are talking about increasing capacity don’t bother because at this rate people will stop going 

I wasn't there today but I was there for the others and they were boring as **** and we played poorly in each. If you read the match thread you'll see I gave Puel a bashing today and I've said in the post match thread that his approach to home games is all wrong. That doesn't mean I want him sacked though. You can be dissatisfied without jumping straight to 'Puel out'.  

As I said in my original post, my opinion is that sacking him seems too knee-jerk for me when in my mind he's not had long enough. If you think you've seen enough already then that's fair enough.

1 hour ago, limeydale said:

Big Sam? Pardew? Who? The leagues' playing musical chairs with managers and frankly I'm tired of seeing it.

What's the point of even mentioning them, of course we're not stupid enough to go for one of them.

They'll be a good few teams changing managers before the start of next season, why can't we be one of them?

Our run in on paper was one of the easiest, our home games especially were all winnable, yet we've failed against Swansea, Stoke, Bournemouth and Newcastle. If our home form doesn't improve he has to go.

As for who, if Fulham don't get promoted, Jokanovic would be my choice.

He's had no transfers, and has kept us up to the silly boy who has made this thread. 

Players are aware he's rebuilding the team and it will take time. Trust the process and results will come. Look at his history prior to Southampton 

5 minutes ago, kingfox said:

What's the point of even mentioning them, of course we're not stupid enough to go for one of them.

They'll be a good few teams changing managers before the start of next season, why can't we be one of them?

Our run in on paper was one of the easiest, our home games especially were all winnable, yet we've failed against Swansea, Stoke, Bournemouth and Newcastle. If our home form doesn't improve he has to go.

As for who, if Fulham don't get promoted, Jokanovic would be my choice.

Why would you drop Puel for Jokanovic though?

What do we stand to gain from replacing Puel with Jokanovic? they are both trying to do the same things at their respective clubs. Jokanovic will be working with our players, not Fulham's ones, who play opponents ranging from weaker to significantly weaker than our opponents every week, and he plays with a lot of the philosophies Puel is encouraging?

Peoples anger is because we arent direct enough

3 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

All the best and most consistently successful sides chop and change their manager every 15-20 games. 

So on that basis PUEL OUT

Thats because all our appointments are knee jerk, getting rid of puel is the right thing to do (he is an appalling manager) but until we get a decent structure between owners and playing/managing staff it will be the same old, same old.

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Can’t believe it’s even a discussion and a clear example of how shit modern football has become. We will get no one good if we keep sacking managers. 

Glad your comment was one of the first, as I was just about to say exactly the same. 

Our performances have been inconsistent, I get that. Under Puel, we've won 9, drawn 6 and lost 7. That's not world-beating numbers, but form which has, this season, done what he was brought in to do – to secure a mid-table finish and to make sure relegation wasn't an issue. 

From my point of view, he has done his job. We're going to finish in the top 10 and I would've bitten off anyone's hand who would've offered that, after watching the even-more-insipid and unimaginative performances we churned out under Shakespeare during the start of this season. 

Let him figure out his best 11 and to bring in anyone he might think would improve us. Then let's see where we are come October/November. 

And for all those inexplicably calling for his head now, in April, could I please have some suggestions on who you would replace him with? Bearing in mind that if we do give him the boot, we don't exactly install confidence in any future managers that they have a bit of time to work on a squad and make it "theirs" – and that we have a fan base which thinks that being 8th in the Premier League is "unacceptable".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

If we sack Puel and get relegated next season it would serve our wanky fans right. We're 8th ffs, having been a yoyo team all my life, this is decent. Time for a few to dust off their Man Utd and Liverpool shirts from a few years ago if they think Leicester City being 8th isn't good.

Sick of hearing about where we have been and how in anyway that should effect the fans opinions of where we are now. It’s all relative.

The fact we were a yo-yo club in the 90’s is totally irrelevant to the fact that Puel is masterminding an underachieving team now.

We’ve spent not far off £200m since winning the league. My expectations are that we should not be 6 points off Burnley and only a handful of points ahead of Newcastle and Bournemouth.

Edited by Ricey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Let him build his team, no point binning off a manager whenever we hit poor form. We have a manager with a vision and someone who wants to rebuild us. A rebuild that we’ve needed for a while now.

Give him summer and I think we’ll do well.

26 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't think the players are ecstatic to be playing for him tbh, I would rather we got someone in who is English or at least can communicate and manage the players better as right now they seem clueless.

Yup. Pochettino, Wagner, Mourinho, Benitez, Carvalhal, Klopp, just to name a few, can attest the validity of your comment. Especially with a good chunk of the team being foreign players.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Donut said:

People are so hard wired and honestly, ignorant, they just arent willing to give anyone time to get their ideas over. Well, unless they play "the Leicester way" which has now become synonymous with passing the ball as little as is humanly possible, hoofing it from every area on the field in the hope one fast striker can score every single goal we score as a team, and making sure the team features at least 2 or 3 headless chickens at all times that will show PASSHHHUUNNN that they can shout at and relate to at all times because thats what football is to them.

Show them some little intricate movements, patient football, tactical flexibility etc, and that doesnt turn them on. You cant FVCKIN SHOUT at stuff like that, you cant GET MAD FVCK OFF REF FVCK OFF OPPONENTS at that. Show them an interview where a manager pauses for a moment and gives a considered response, that doesnt turn anyone on either. Fvcking belittle the journalist. Give a mad response. Show your MAD IT MAKES ME PROUD. BRIM WITH VISIBLE PASHUNNNNNN LIKE I DO.

The bloke has never had a chance from the start here. Look how fast people turned on Ranieri. Way before the bad spell in January. Wed got people saying Ranieri out after Hull away!

Puel has brought a vision with him, there is evidence it has worked. Consistently? not yet. Over 90 mins? in some games, not as many as we would like.

However, if we bin him off, ask yourself this: Who do you want to come in thats going to:

a) Satisfy your lofty ambition of making talentless, devoid of skill and crude football entertaining every week and successful enough it will beat teams regularly enough to satisfy your goals for where Leicester should finish. And for many that seems like breaking the top 6 with ease

b) Make players who are either genuinely not that good, or 2 years older than when they had the absolute best season of their life, a freak never likely to be repeated and not their typical level of performance, they are now older and worse than that.....who do you think is going to take them over and make them better as players?

c) Magically make Mahrez stay and Kante come back so we can line up with the nucleus of the team from the title winning season who played the style you yearn for

d) Guarantee that an away team wont come here and actually god forbid play quite well because they have their own agendas in the league and need points badly themselves?

But they cant give you a name. All they can give you is what they give you at a match, a confused cocophony of anger thats not got any focus to it other than its not as good as it was when we won the league. Well no shit, it never will be either because winning the league was bonkers. Theyll tell you theyre bored, then point to all the games weve lost as evidence of why theyre right to be bored and you must also be bored. Completely ignoring that ive watched them batter Southampton away 4-1, ive watched them batter West Brom away 4-1, ive watched outplay Chelsea at the bridge, and beat Spurs at home too. Theyll pine constantly for the good old days of Pearson Walsh and Shakespeare like theyre the only people of any signficance in the clubs entire history.

Puel has a summer to come to mould a team more into his style. To bring staff if he wants them too. To ship out players if they cant be bothered to listen to him or carry out what he wants. The owners are making a serious commitment to the future with the training ground, with the expansion plans, and have shown absolutely no panic or intention to change the direction we are going in.

We are on course for our second highest league finish ever. Beat Burnley away which is not unthinkable by any means, we are still well in the hunt for 7th.

So lets stop using every single defeat as an excuse to put up these pathetic polls, and actually just accept that yes, you can look bad on a given day. Football wont always entertain you, its not a cinema ticket. That getting new ideas over is a gradual process that takes time, and that we are actually a decent football team and lets back the manager and just stop the doom mongering that wouldnt have looked out of place when we were losing to teams like Colchester.

Sounds like you couldn’t of watched the dross that was served up

i don’t expect miracles, but it seemed like Newcastle had more desire and hunger for atleast the first 70 mins.

how many games to we have to watch the same style of play, it’s so predictable instead of just the long ball we now have full back hoof cross.

it would be nice to see more/any defence splitting balls to Vardy.

possesion play is all well and good, but pretty pointless if it’s mostly on your own half, the amount of times I see the players run the opposite direction to the opponents goal with the ball is infuriating.

Edited by HankMarvin

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

i don’t expect miracles, but it seemed like Newcastle had more desire and hunger for atleast the first 70 mins.

how many games to we have to watch the same style you of play, it’s so predictable instead of just the long ball we now have full back hoof cross.

possesion play is all well and good, but pretty pointless if it’s mostly on your own half, the amount of times I see the players run the opposite direction to the opponents goal with the ball is infuriating.

We play down the wings, not through the middle, which means any defence splitting passes would normally need to come from one of the two sides (let's be fair, it's normally Mahrez). Both wingers today had absolute shockers (among others), so it's hardly a surprise that the team underperformed.

18 minutes ago, Donut said:

Why would you drop Puel for Jokanovic though?

What do we stand to gain from replacing Puel with Jokanovic? they are both trying to do the same things at their respective clubs. Jokanovic will be working with our players, not Fulham's ones, who play opponents ranging from weaker to significantly weaker than our opponents every week, and he plays with a lot of the philosophies Puel is encouraging?

Peoples anger is because we arent direct enough

Because Jokanovic's style is more eye catching, his team get goals.

He's had success at every English club he's been at, he got Watford promoted and turned Fulham from a lower looking Championship side into promotion candidates. 

Most people will chose out after a loss to Newcastle so obviously the results will be skewed.

Have not read the thread but - i vote in. ! 

At least give the guy a chance to implement his style of play and perhaps get a few players in that can adapt to that style. 

9 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

how many games to we have to watch the same style of play, it’s so predictable instead of just the long ball we now have full back hoof cross.

Ive watched 2/3rds of Puel's matches here.

Some have been very good, some have been alright but areas for improvement, some have been underwhelming, and some have been down right poor.

Its not, and has never been the argument, that at times we havent been bad under Puel. Clearly we have.

But i just dont think binning him off is the way forward.

I will concede that today Newcastle were hungry to win and we were poor today, absolutely.

1 minute ago, Donut said:

Ive watched 2/3rds of Puel's matches here.

Some have been very good, some have been alright but areas for improvement, some have been underwhelming, and some have been down right poor.

Its not, and has never been the argument, that at times we havent been bad under Puel. Clearly we have.

But i just dont think binning him off is the way forward.

I will concede that today Newcastle were hungry to win and we were poor today, absolutely.

I don’t think sack him yet, but he needs to show the board we are on a upward trajectory, I’m not not too many more performances like today would secure him  a long term future.

8 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

From my point of view, he has done his job. We're going to finish in the top 10 and I would've bitten off anyone's hand who would've offered that, after watching the even-more-insipid and unimaginative performances we churned out under Shakespeare during the start of this season. 

I’ve heard a lot of people describe the start of season in similar terms and say that we’d have been relegated under Shakespeare.

He was sacked after 7 league games where we lost 4 games, to Arsenal (should have won), Man Utd, Chelsea (should have drawn) and Liverpool (could have gone either way). All of that with basically no midfield due to the Silva debacle and injuries to James and Iborra.

I’m not saying Shakespeare was the right man for the future, but it is a myth that Puel saved us from the pits of a relegation battle and turned us into continental challengers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Sick of hearing about where we have been and how in anyway that should effect the fans opinions of where we are now. It’s all relative.

The fact we were a yo-yo club in the 90’s is totally irrelevant to the fact that Puel is masterminding an underachieving team now.

We’ve spent not far off £200m since winning the league. My expectations are that we should not be 6 points off Burnley and only a handful of points ahead of Newcastle and Bournemouth.

Thats 6 points off Burnley who have had a season way better than anyone would have predicted, totally exceeding everyones expectations.

Its like Spurs and Arsenal fans saying we should not be 10, 12 points off Leicester City.

Doesnt tell anything of the story. Doesnt say that Leicester scored 81 points when thats probably 30 more than anyone thought we would score.

I fail to see how 8th in the league is undearchieving. Its what many people said was a target for where we should finish.

Its just that we arent in 8th the way theyd like to see us be 8th. If we had hoofed our way to 8th, no one would be grumbling it seems.

If we had scored the big wins at home and lost away, likewise i get the impression.

Just now, Donut said:

Thats 6 points off Burnley who have had a season way better than anyone would have predicted, totally exceeding everyones expectations.

Its like Spurs and Arsenal fans saying we should not be 10, 12 points off Leicester City.

Doesnt tell anything of the story. Doesnt say that Leicester scored 81 points when thats probably 30 more than anyone thought we would score.

I fail to see how 8th in the league is undearchieving. Its what many people said was a target for where we should finish.

Its just that we arent in 8th the way theyd like to see us be 8th. If we had hoofed our way to 8th, no one would be grumbling it seems.

If we had scored the big wins at home and lost away, likewise i get the impression.

For me, on paper, we have the 7th best team in this league, but we are 6 points off 7th, so I class that as underachieving.

It is possible to have attended recent home games and not be staunchly against Puel. Just wanted to point that out as there seems to a misconception that if you're not rabidly  'Puel out' then you clearly don't attend games.

It's worth noting that not a single person has said they're happy with the current home form.