Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Puel In or Out - A simple Poll

Puel In or Out?  

707 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

7 hours ago, Ricey said:

I’ve heard a lot of people describe the start of season in similar terms and say that we’d have been relegated under Shakespeare.

He was sacked after 7 league games where we lost 4 games, to Arsenal (should have won), Man Utd, Chelsea (should have drawn) and Liverpool (could have gone either way). All of that with basically no midfield due to the Silva debacle and injuries to James and Iborra.

I’m not saying Shakespeare was the right man for the future, but it is a myth that Puel saved us from the pits of a relegation battle and turned us into continental challengers.

It wasn't after just 7 games though was it, it was his poor end to the previous season as well. He was inept and only going one way quickly.

11 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

There isn't many weak links at all think about it 

Kasper - international keeper has become shit since puel arrived 

Simpson - has been outstanding for us puel arrives and he has become league 1 standard.

Maguire and Morgan. Maguires very good clumsy at times but solid.

Morgan age has caught upto him but still solid most of the time.

Chill well - I don't know why people slate him so much he's going to be very good

Mahrez- very good but consistency a issue under puel as per the rest

Cm - we are ok here I feel

Albrighton - works hard but has been much more less effective under puel.

Okazaki has been shit under puel

Ihanacho been shit uder puel

Vardy - workhorse as usual but has looked slower and less hungry for goal under puel.

See where I'm going with this puel is the problem.

Susan wheelan would be a better choice for manager 

lol

• Like 3

We’re evolving, we’re a side in transition.

A different style of play, which is never going to be as exciting as our counter attacking style.

Let Puel build, ship out some of the players that don’t suit this style and we’ll see how we look at this point next season. 

Also, be careful what you wish for, chopping and changing, without huge investment, you end up with loads of different players that basically don’t work within a single system. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Says appointments are knee jerk...

Wants the man sacked without a full season

Are you on crack? 

Did you watch the match yesterday or any since Xmas? He is draining the life out of this club. 

Even if he is given the summer it feels a total waste of time and inevitably money as it is crystal clear he is not the man to lead us and will be sacked by October......prompting anoter knee jerk.

People go on about his record. Its worse than Shakespeares and he was sacked for far less. 

Fraud Puel genuinely reminds me of the dark days of Taylor. A promising start followed by a slow but not obvious slump. The worst transfer window ever and then relegation. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Did you watch the match yesterday or any since Xmas? He is draining the life out of this club. 

Even if he is given the summer it feels a total waste of time and inevitably money as it is crystal clear he is not the man to lead us and will be sacked by October......prompting anoter knee jerk.

People go on about his record. Its worse than Shakespeares and he was sacked for far less. 

Fraud Puel genuinely reminds me of the dark days of Taylor. A promising start followed by a slow but not obvious slump. The worst transfer window ever and then relegation. 

Seriously, wtf. 

The remaining games should be make or break. We made the mistake last year of letting Shakey live off his 'new manager bounce' after an awful end to the season. If we continue like this under Puel for the remaining games I hope we've learnt our lesson. It's a shame really, we were playing some beautiful football a few months ago. What the hell happened?! 

Edited by ROB-THE-BLUE

1 minute ago, m4DD0gg said:

wait and see........the man is no good but then again you cant be critical on this branch of the left wing society.

lol okay. 

Comparing him to Peter Taylor isn't being critical. It's just nonsense. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Surprised that 44% want him out. 

At at some point I fear I may regret that we won the title - it’s affected expectation way too much. 

I expect its also also a reflection of the ‘want it now/ throw away’ society we have cultivated 

I dislike short termism, but can you give me one genuine positive you see since he took over in our play? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

At at some point I fear I may regret that we won the title - it’s affected expectation way too much. 

I expect its also also a reflection of the ‘want it now/ throw away’ society we have cultivated 

Don't agree with that one little bit, i'd say the amount of money spent on transfers is what fuels expectation, and we are seeing on the pitch of late doesn't match that.  

When Puel first arrived he only changed it a little and we still looked effective going forward, now he wants us to play keep ball with players that do not have that ability .

SO what happens now we are hardly  creating any chances in the games like we used to and go behind and then come out 2nd half and play the most stupid panic football iv'e seen . 

e.g Maguire playing left wing all 2nd half .

• Like 1

We have to evolve? Better Full backs will change the way we play? Man city paid out 100m on two of the worlds best .(full backs)

It transformed them. 

Stop living in the past .We will never ever replicate 2016 playing that way ever again! 

Puel in. 

Why was this even asked? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, shade said:

I dislike short termism, but can you give me one genuine positive you see since he took over in our play? 

We don’t just hoof it forward and all chase after the ball. It was depressing to see ‘weaker clubs’ simply better ‘football’ teams than us when we have the ability (apart from a few who are going to be replaced)

4 minutes ago, Bozman said:

Don't agree with that one little bit, i'd say the amount of money spent on transfers is what fuels expectation, and we are seeing on the pitch of late doesn't match that.  

When Puel first arrived he only changed it a little and we still looked effective going forward, now he wants us to play keep ball with players that do not have that ability .

SO what happens now we are hardly  creating any chances in the games like we used to and go behind and then come out 2nd half and play the most stupid panic football iv'e seen . 

How is previous windows down to Puel ?

maguire was left wing? He was breaking forward with the ball and he plays left side. It’s not the same thing.

30 minutes ago, Bozman said:

you realise he goes forward and dribbles with the ball sometimes centrally or down the left most games. I bet you weren't complaining of this when we are winning...

Depends who we could replace him with. If it’s for a journeyman like Pardew for

example then it’d be a travesty but if we have some exciting options then possibly we should. 

I quite like Puel to be honest and without a full summer transfer window I think he’s being judged harshly. It shows how fans expectations have soared considering we’re 8th and a lot want him gone. Just be careful what you wish for

• Like 1

I’m really bored watching us play at the moment but in terms of accountability what about those responsible for appointments ?

But maybe the pool of talented managers who would want to come here is being affected by us getting a reputation of being quick to pull the trigger when things are not going as well as expected. 

In puels defence,missing niddi then losing ibbora,would give problems to any manager yesterday. However why didn’t he start with Shingi,to give us more solidity,  schoolboy error. Had long enough to understand the strengths and frailties of  the team,but gets it wrong. Both Wes and Maguire were poor,if he does not play Dragovic next week,will only add to pressure on him. If we don’t make 50 pts by May then he should go. Wagner all day long for me.

1 hour ago, shade said:

We can make more than 2 passes in a row without hoofing it out of play or straight to the other team? 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It's the usual over reaction on here. I bet most would not say it in discussion down the pub with mates. But it's easy to act the tw@ where no one knows you.

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

Let's have a manager poll after every match....FFS

Apparently he farts in the bath.

PUEL OUT lol lol I personally wont judge him till Xmas. Even then only if he seems to have the squad he wants. After all its not like we've never missed most of our targets before.

I am to keep him I know the football is not the best and style not good but if you we get rid of him who is better out there at the moment? will come to us and also just look at Southampton I bet there wished they keep Purel now trying to stay in the league after finish 8th last year this could happen to us.

Out. Put yourself in the dressing room listening to him! Would he stir you up?,excite you?, could you even understand what he wants from you? We are playing like it's a no to all those points. We have had 6 or 7 seasons of exciting football ( ignoring the title season I don't expect that ) win or lose we got at teams got shots away made us get off our seats, it's gone and we are boring Jamie Vardy out of the club if we're not careful ( and in this system he shouldn't be centre forward ). How would Klopp play us? an energetic 433 for a start and we could be that. It's a simple game GET MEN IN THE BOX.

• Like 1

If what Abrasive says is true without Appleton it’s going to be a struggle then I think we either need a team of French speaking players or we need to get rid of Puel probably easier to get rid of Puel at the end of the season.

I like Puel you can see he is trying but I don’t think the owners will be happy if we miss out on Europe to Burnley, these people are ruthless, and they want our team to be playing in Europe. The noice from the club even the Birch yesterday! Suggests that 7th is the aim, if we fail in that I think the owners will get rid of Puel it’s a bit harsh. I think he needs more time, but if someone like Rafa becomes available i think we should make a move.