Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Puel In or Out - A simple Poll

Puel In or Out?  

707 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

2 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Did you watch the match yesterday or any since Xmas? He is draining the life out of this club. 

Even if he is given the summer it feels a total waste of time and inevitably money as it is crystal clear he is not the man to lead us and will be sacked by October......prompting anoter knee jerk.

People go on about his record. Its worse than Shakespeares and he was sacked for far less. 

Fraud Puel genuinely reminds me of the dark days of Taylor. A promising start followed by a slow but not obvious slump. The worst transfer window ever and then relegation. 

Again, shaken had a whole summer to bring his own players in, puel has not.

You keep saying it was knee jerk to get him in then you say you want him sacked in about 7 months where he's taken us from 18th to 8th. Without his own players too.

You clearly have your mind set and so blinded by one bad result. We're you crying like this after the Brighton win?

• Like 2

It's not winning or losing, it's our style of play. 67% possession sounds great but Wes Harry and Kasper had 60% of it, just like Svens last season. I was more excited and up for it during the poor run in the great escape season. I watch them whatever league we're in but just want to be excited, with no relegation threat we should be going at teams with no fear but instead play at home with Vardy 30 yards from his teammates!

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

funny how this is never raised after we win a game...

I did last week tbf.

Win's don't blind me, I see people saying stuff such as 'if we'd won nobody would make these points', ultimately a win is a win and it's the only stat that counts but i'll say it as I see it.

15 hours ago, Beechey said:

I think we have far too many weak links in the starting XI for that.

I agree because yesterday when Maguire ran up that pitch I thought that he could have got a goal ; if he'd played in mid I think we could have potentially slaughtered them.

8 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Again, shaken had a whole summer to bring his own players in, puel has not.

You keep saying it was knee jerk to get him in then you say you want him sacked in about 7 months where he's taken us from 18th to 8th. Without his own players too.

You clearly have your mind set and so blinded by one bad result. We're you crying like this after the Brighton win?

We were shocking at Brighton, in fact it made me try to think of the last game when we won undeservedly playing poorly, it doesn't usually happen to us ,but I guess some would say that's a plus.

6 minutes ago, ceebeefox said:

We were shocking at Brighton, in fact it made me try to think of the last game when we won undeservedly playing poorly, it doesn't usually happen to us ,but I guess some would say that's a plus.

First half wasn't great but second half was more entertaining. 

This is mid table football. Something everyone is clambering for so get used to it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ceebeefox said:

would you rather we play well and lose?

Or play rubbish and win?

Sometimes we won't play well and get the 3 points. Other times we will play well and not get what we deserve. And, believe it or not, we won't play well and we'll lose.

All 3 have happened under Puel. Again, believe it or not that's football and that's how the game works. It's a bit inconsistent from the team right now but we haven't been as bad as people are making out (not as bad to get a manager sacked). We also haven't been playing to the best of our abilities. To question Puel's ability to motivate based purely on press conferences and post-match interviews is stupid.

If Puel couldn't motivate the team or get what he wants from the players he has, we definitely wouldn't have risen as much as we have since he took over. Look at how Pardew was at West Brom. Eccentric, arrogant, cocky, confident. Yet clearly didn't get what he wanted out of his players. Just because you see a 5-minute snippet every few days from Puel doesn't mean you know how he is. So many managers n the game have various personas in front of the cameras and can be totally different on match-days. Nigel Pearson is probably a prime example. Has the appearance of a hard man, someone who takes no shit from anyone and doesn't settle for mediocrity - yet you'd regularly hear from players and other staff how he was a joker in the dressing-room and barely lost his temper with them. My point being is that you can't take 5-10 minute snippets (or less) of interviews and use that as a barometer of what he is like with the players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If what Abrasive says is true without Appleton it’s going to be a struggle then I think we either need a team of French speaking players or we need to get rid of Puel probably easier to get rid of Puel at the end of the season.

I like Puel you can see he is trying but I don’t think the owners will be happy if we miss out on Europe to Burnley, these people are ruthless, and they want our team to be playing in Europe. The noice from the club even the Birch yesterday! Suggests that 7th is the aim, if we fail in that I think the owners will get rid of Puel it’s a bit harsh. I think he needs more time, but if someone like Rafa becomes available i think we should make a move.

If the owners wanted European football they should have gotten a proper manager instead of Shakespeare at the start of the season

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, She blew it all away. said:

Saints fan here, Puel was hounded out of Lyon literally by a huge mob, the style of play is simply not suitable for the PL..and he will not change.

You are a vibrant side with terrific support and great players, yet he will do for you.

So 8th place and a cup final was not good enough for you. But it seems relegations fine. When the say take more water with it they mean fresh water not a bucket full from the solent.

• Like 1

If his post match interviews make no sense then how can he make sense to the players? 

They look like they have no clue what they are doing at times! 

He reminds of the waterboy lol 

Edited by chapero82
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There's two sides to the coin.

The performances since the start of the new year have been pretty much uninspiring on the whole, the football on show is terribly boring to watch.

All this sideways and back-passing lulls the spectator in, it's particularly frustrating because we used to be an entertaining team to watch on the counter. There's nothing left of that, Puel is trying to go the exact opposite direction. One of the reasons we were so successful under Ranieri was that he managed to fuel our "Never Give Up" attitude after the Great Escape. He let the players play like they did under Pearson, and just made a few alterations here and there.

We're seemingly not interested to give Burnley a run for 7th place, and as a consequence of that, something tells me we just don't want to play Europa League (qualifiers) next season, either. Since it's unlikely we can be relegated and since we threw the FA Cup ambition away against Chelsea, what is there to play for, I wonder? And that's what we're seeing on the pitch. No forward play, hardly creating any chances, lucky to score two goals away at Brighton, for instance. We do little for winning matches, we sit back, waste time, it takes us ages to get to the opposing box (when we get there at all), and after the felt twentieth pass, we manage to give the ball away cheaply, only for the other team to break and create dangerous scenarios in front of Schmeichel's goal.

Some of our most experienced players come up with some of the most mind-boggling errors under Puel. Player confidence isn't what it used to be. The fighting spirit, the joy and passion have made way for trying to "control" a game.

Thing is, we don't have the team for that. And so Puel doesn't play to our players' strengths, which is something I'll never understand.

I'm seriously fed up with Puel at this stage, but I'm willing to give him a full pre-season. You can see that he's trying to implement a new system. I'm angry, though. It's as if you're noticing something destroying the team from the inside out (I may be exaggerating here). This transitional period is grinding my gears, because it goes against everything what made this club so great in the recent past. Puel and his style are sucking the life and joy out of this team.

I do hope the team can "turn it around" in a way in the remaining few matches. Please start playing football from the get-go, no more lacklustre displays in the first half, get that passion back, create chances and give the home crowd in particular something to cheer for.

To the ones saying we shan't sack managers on a regular basis - it's not like Puel is our only option on the market, is he?

If that anti-thesis of LCFC football continues next season and after he's brought in more of "his" players to suit his style, then we should all ask serious questions and then a sacking shouldn't be out of the question.

For now, as long as there still is a chance of finishing 7th, let's wait and see.

Knives out, folks... :ph34r:

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Le god said:

Another saints fan here. Our 8th place and a rubbish cup final(even Bradford have got there)  under puel  which we lost is extremely deceptive. 

We were 20 points worse off than the previous season with the most utterly dire drab football i have ever witnessed. 

Puel completely changed us from an attacking exciting team into a horrible sideways one 

It's not about results, football is supposed to be entertaining... It got so bad that my younger children did not want to go to the matches and watch another scoreless bore fest 

So yes, sacking puel was 100% correct, it's just unfortunate for us that we hired a completely useless incompetent replacement 

Make no mistake about this... Puel started our decline, he destroyed the confidence of all our attacking players, is completely uninspiring with his dreary boring persona and is very much to blame for our current predicament 

Yes... Pellegrino is also to blame, but puel started the rot. 

A club like Southampton or Leicester can lose a whole generation of young fans when someone like puel produces nothing but boredom if he is given 2/3 seasons 

I hope for your sake you get rid of him.... I dont enjoy watching Leicester anymore I would turn you off when on telly 

I'm sure your happy clapper supporters will only point out the positives of puels reign and critise my points because they want to see the bright side

Despite my clubs current situation, I am so relieved we got rid of puel.... 

Good luck to Leicester in the future, they still are most peoples second favourite team after the league win 

it kind of is though :) 

The wins against West Brom and Brighton, papered over the cracks. We were very, very fortunate in both of those games, due to a great save by Kasper when they had just gone 1-0 up, and again, against Brighton, when he saved the penalty. And also again, when Kasper came out very quickly against Glenn Murray when he was through, one on one.

The Crystal Palace match at home still makes me angry, a last minute equaliser at home to Bournemouth. How many shots did we have on target yesterday? Just not good enough, we should be aiming a lot higher than being happy with a top ten finish!!

• Like 1

With a proper attacking right back( + maybe left back) and another ball playing centre half, we will be able to expose teams far more and create space to play in higher up the pitch and between the lines. Dragovic helps but we understand there are reasons why he isn’t playing. Perhaps we are attempting to get another centre back in over the summer but if we don’t then we will need wes. Dropping him now won’t help him stay around. If we see dragovic playing hen perhaps that shows we have found a wes replacement. (Clearly not drago unless he changed his mind about going elsewhere).

Southampton were already a possession based team before Puel arrived there. They suffered badly when VVD got injured as he was the fulcrum for much of their play and their strikers just weren’t up to it. 

Assuming Hughes can’t get a tune out of them, is that also puel’s fault ??

I do think under Puel there has been this drive to increase possession and I wonder if this leads to a fear of losing the ball and worry about taking risks.We saw that yesterday with all those sideways passes and very few attempts to get behind the opposition down the wings.

The other problem we have is playing against big sides that seat deep and the approach to crosses and set pieces surely needs to change when your have Vardy and Diabate rather than Leo or Slim up front.Tactics is a problem and I am not sure Diabate is ready to start either although he has great potential.With the exception of Maguire and Chilwell we are not too comfortable bringing the ball out of defence quickly.

It was all too easy for Newcastle yesterday.

I think the manager needs a bit more time but if things really tail off this season or the team stop playing with any freedom he will surely come under pressure.

18 hours ago, Tuna said:

Out.

I think we are seeing the real Puel now since January, and it's awful. I'm bored watching us and I doubt our owners will be too impressed either. 

Our home form both in performances and results is embarrassing, unacceptable.

I did wonder why on earth Southampton dismissed him and we can see why now.

If we keep him, we'll lose Vardy in the summer and get relegated; we are another Southampton/West Brom in waiting. 

He has to be sacked at the end of the season. 

I've said this in a few posts on twitter and Facebook except i think we could loose Vardy, Ndidi, Kasper, Mahrez, Mcguire and those out on loan already Slimani, Musa, King and the little french fella lol.  With how this season is going with poor performances looking likely people are going to want to go.