Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Puel In or Out - A simple Poll

Puel In or Out?  

707 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

For me, on paper, we have the 7th best team in this league, but we are 6 points off 7th, so I class that as underachieving.

Because the team that is actually 7th has had one season where they have vastly exceeded their expectations.

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

For me, on paper, we have the 7th best team in this league, but we are 6 points off 7th, so I class that as underachieving.

To be fair I totally get where you're coming from but imho we have the 8th best team (Everton have better players) and so we're kind of where we should be. As donut says it's an anomaly that Burnley have had such a fantastic season.

I'm not saying I'm ecstatic but I'm satisfied if we finish in 8th.

53 minutes ago, Donut said:

People are so hard wired and honestly, ignorant, they just arent willing to give anyone time to get their ideas over. Well, unless they play "the Leicester way" which has now become synonymous with passing the ball as little as is humanly possible, hoofing it from every area on the field in the hope one fast striker can score every single goal we score as a team, and making sure the team features at least 2 or 3 headless chickens at all times that will show PASSHHHUUNNN that they can shout at and relate to at all times because thats what football is to them.

Show them some little intricate movements, patient football, tactical flexibility etc, and that doesnt turn them on. You cant FVCKIN SHOUT at stuff like that, you cant GET MAD FVCK OFF REF FVCK OFF OPPONENTS at that. Show them an interview where a manager pauses for a moment and gives a considered response, that doesnt turn anyone on either. Fvcking belittle the journalist. Give a mad response. Show your MAD IT MAKES ME PROUD. BRIM WITH VISIBLE PASHUNNNNNN LIKE I DO.

The bloke has never had a chance from the start here. Look how fast people turned on Ranieri. Way before the bad spell in January. Wed got people saying Ranieri out after Hull away!

Puel has brought a vision with him, there is evidence it has worked. Consistently? not yet. Over 90 mins? in some games, not as many as we would like.

However, if we bin him off, ask yourself this: Who do you want to come in thats going to:

a) Satisfy your lofty ambition of making talentless, devoid of skill and crude football entertaining every week and successful enough it will beat teams regularly enough to satisfy your goals for where Leicester should finish. And for many that seems like breaking the top 6 with ease

b) Make players who are either genuinely not that good, or 2 years older than when they had the absolute best season of their life, a freak never likely to be repeated and not their typical level of performance, they are now older and worse than that.....who do you think is going to take them over and make them better as players?

c) Magically make Mahrez stay and Kante come back so we can line up with the nucleus of the team from the title winning season who played the style you yearn for

d) Guarantee that an away team wont come here and actually god forbid play quite well because they have their own agendas in the league and need points badly themselves?

But they cant give you a name. All they can give you is what they give you at a match, a confused cocophony of anger thats not got any focus to it other than its not as good as it was when we won the league. Well no shit, it never will be either because winning the league was bonkers. Theyll tell you theyre bored, then point to all the games weve lost as evidence of why theyre right to be bored and you must also be bored. Completely ignoring that ive watched them batter Southampton away 4-1, ive watched them batter West Brom away 4-1, ive watched outplay Chelsea at the bridge, and beat Spurs at home too. Theyll pine constantly for the good old days of Pearson Walsh and Shakespeare like theyre the only people of any signficance in the clubs entire history.

Puel has a summer to come to mould a team more into his style. To bring staff if he wants them too. To ship out players if they cant be bothered to listen to him or carry out what he wants. The owners are making a serious commitment to the future with the training ground, with the expansion plans, and have shown absolutely no panic or intention to change the direction we are going in.

We are on course for our second highest league finish ever. Beat Burnley away which is not unthinkable by any means, we are still well in the hunt for 7th.

So lets stop using every single defeat as an excuse to put up these pathetic polls, and actually just accept that yes, you can look bad on a given day. Football wont always entertain you, its not a cinema ticket. That getting new ideas over is a gradual process that takes time, and that we are actually a decent football team and lets back the manager and just stop the doom mongering that wouldnt have looked out of place when we were losing to teams like Colchester.

I’ve ran out of reactions to like this, but want to say it’s great. Nice one. 

The club has a decision to make soon because the manager and players are not on the same page. Puel is trying to make us play a different style but with players who are not comfortable at all playing it bar a few. The problem is the previous style was even worse to watch (West Brom at home being the prime example) and when this has worked we've looked really good.

I don't want to be stuck in the cycle of sacking managers after bad starts- if the powers that be aren't happy then make the decision in the summer and give us time to prepare. They dithered over Shakespeare and subsequently the next man doesn't have a pre-season or a chance to bring in his own players.

At the moment I'm undecided because I think the issue is deeper than the manager.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I’ve heard a lot of people describe the start of season in similar terms and say that we’d have been relegated under Shakespeare.

He was sacked after 7 league games where we lost 4 games, to Arsenal (should have won), Man Utd, Chelsea (should have drawn) and Liverpool (could have gone either way). All of that with basically no midfield due to the Silva debacle and injuries to James and Iborra.

I’m not saying Shakespeare was the right man for the future, but it is a myth that Puel saved us from the pits of a relegation battle and turned us into continental challengers.

Well, I didn't say that we were heading for certain relegation, or that we are now European challengers. And I agree with you that, anyone saying that, is sugar-coating the season slightly. Who knows what Shakey would or would haven't done.

All I'm saying is that under Puel we've improved vastly from what looked like a team that had run out of ideas within seven games from the start of the season. We've been tactically much, much better under Puel. It hasn't worked in every game for him, but at least you can see what he is trying to do. 

My main beef is that I don't see the logic in calling for Puel's head at this point of time? I said he has done his job – mid-table finish and has made sure relegation never became an issue. From the start we had, anything better than that would've been a miracle, surely?

Any group of prof-players,who cant conjure up,at home at least 2-4 chances,over several games

despite who the manager is,are lazy arrogant and above all crap.!

Now have a poll on all the players,where the forum believes they,were even decent in ball control,

basic skills,attitude and discipline,plus shown commitment and intention through a 4-7 game

Period You would not find since End of January an handfull. 

Puel stays!!! Simples

• Like 2

Just now, m4DD0gg said:

Thats because all our appointments are knee jerk, getting rid of puel is the right thing to do (he is an appalling manager) but until we get a decent structure between owners and playing/managing staff it will be the same old, same old.

Oh mate, don't be so ridiculous. He's guided us from the relegation zone to comfortably top half in the table whilst trying to create a more possession based side. This with players in key positions who aren't up to it, E.g. Simpson. 

Give him the summer to at least be given the chance to work with players who suit his style. Given the position he's got us to, we owe him that (thankfully the owners WILL give him that chance, regardless of what people who fail to see the bigger picture think!)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Thats because all our appointments are knee jerk, getting rid of puel is the right thing to do (he is an appalling manager) but until we get a decent structure between owners and playing/managing staff it will be the same old, same old.

Says appointments are knee jerk...

Wants the man sacked without a full season

Are you on crack? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

The club has a decision to make soon because the manager and players are not on the same page. Puel is trying to make us play a different style but with players who are not comfortable at all playing it bar a few. The problem is the previous style was even worse to watch (West Brom at home being the prime example) and when this has worked we've looked really good.

I don't want to be stuck in the cycle of sacking managers after bad starts- if the powers that be aren't happy then make the decision in the summer and give us time to prepare. They dithered over Shakespeare and subsequently the next man doesn't have a pre-season or a chance to bring in his own players.

At the moment I'm undecided because I think the issue is deeper than the manager.

Well considered post, and on the last part, id say now is the time we stick with a manager.

I think most of us know inside, and it pains us as we won the league with them, but some players simply have to be binned.

Any new manager that comes in cant keep stringing along the same tired names into a primitive 4-4-2 and expect anything other than a short term bounce.

Youre right to point out at times, weve looked excellent, which makes me think are some of our issues partly form and confidence based.

Of course, the other option is, looking for new players to play a direct style. But mention managers who prefer a direct style and most dont consider them to play "good" football that they want to watch every week.

4 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Unfortunately his track record i.e. Southampton goes against him. This is history repeating itself.

Southampton where his best players were sold before he could get more in and centre forwards both injured most of the season

You can't produce good work without the right tools. So you can't expect puel to produce good football without players who are capable, judge him once he's built his side not while yes trying to play ranieris crap signings and persons players who never known passing football.

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Sick of hearing about where we have been and how in anyway that should effect the fans opinions of where we are now. It’s all relative.

The fact we were a yo-yo club in the 90’s is totally irrelevant to the fact that Puel is masterminding an underachieving team now.

We’ve spent not far off £200m since winning the league. My expectations are that we should not be 6 points off Burnley and only a handful of points ahead of Newcastle and Bournemouth.

You're right it is all relative.

Can you imagine the owners thanking their luck that they may have spent hundreds of millions but at least we aren't losing to Swindon like the good old days?

We all consider ourselves fortunate to have what we have at the moment, but that's no reason to stop wanting what every football fan wants, and what gives you hope............progress.

Edited by Vestan Pance

2 hours ago, Donut said:

People are so hard wired and honestly, ignorant, they just arent willing to give anyone time to get their ideas over. Well, unless they play "the Leicester way" which has now become synonymous with passing the ball as little as is humanly possible, hoofing it from every area on the field in the hope one fast striker can score every single goal we score as a team, and making sure the team features at least 2 or 3 headless chickens at all times that will show PASSHHHUUNNN that they can shout at and relate to at all times because thats what football is to them.

Show them some little intricate movements, patient football, tactical flexibility etc, and that doesnt turn them on. You cant FVCKIN SHOUT at stuff like that, you cant GET MAD FVCK OFF REF FVCK OFF OPPONENTS at that. Show them an interview where a manager pauses for a moment and gives a considered response, that doesnt turn anyone on either. Fvcking belittle the journalist. Give a mad response. Show your MAD IT MAKES ME PROUD. BRIM WITH VISIBLE PASHUNNNNNN LIKE I DO.

The bloke has never had a chance from the start here. Look how fast people turned on Ranieri. Way before the bad spell in January. Wed got people saying Ranieri out after Hull away!

Puel has brought a vision with him, there is evidence it has worked. Consistently? not yet. Over 90 mins? in some games, not as many as we would like.

However, if we bin him off, ask yourself this: Who do you want to come in thats going to:

a) Satisfy your lofty ambition of making talentless, devoid of skill and crude football entertaining every week and successful enough it will beat teams regularly enough to satisfy your goals for where Leicester should finish. And for many that seems like breaking the top 6 with ease

b) Make players who are either genuinely not that good, or 2 years older than when they had the absolute best season of their life, a freak never likely to be repeated and not their typical level of performance, they are now older and worse than that.....who do you think is going to take them over and make them better as players?

c) Magically make Mahrez stay and Kante come back so we can line up with the nucleus of the team from the title winning season who played the style you yearn for

d) Guarantee that an away team wont come here and actually god forbid play quite well because they have their own agendas in the league and need points badly themselves?

But they cant give you a name. All they can give you is what they give you at a match, a confused cocophony of anger thats not got any focus to it other than its not as good as it was when we won the league. Well no shit, it never will be either because winning the league was bonkers. Theyll tell you theyre bored, then point to all the games weve lost as evidence of why theyre right to be bored and you must also be bored. Completely ignoring that ive watched them batter Southampton away 4-1, ive watched them batter West Brom away 4-1, ive watched outplay Chelsea at the bridge, and beat Spurs at home too. Theyll pine constantly for the good old days of Pearson Walsh and Shakespeare like theyre the only people of any signficance in the clubs entire history.

Puel has a summer to come to mould a team more into his style. To bring staff if he wants them too. To ship out players if they cant be bothered to listen to him or carry out what he wants. The owners are making a serious commitment to the future with the training ground, with the expansion plans, and have shown absolutely no panic or intention to change the direction we are going in.

We are on course for our second highest league finish ever. Beat Burnley away which is not unthinkable by any means, we are still well in the hunt for 7th.

So lets stop using every single defeat as an excuse to put up these pathetic polls, and actually just accept that yes, you can look bad on a given day. Football wont always entertain you, its not a cinema ticket. That getting new ideas over is a gradual process that takes time, and that we are actually a decent football team and lets back the manager and just stop the doom mongering that wouldnt have looked out of place when we were losing to teams like Colchester.

Cacophony.

Other than that, your post was okay.

Edited by ZeGuy

2 hours ago, Donut said:

Because the team that is actually 7th has had one season where they have vastly exceeded their expectations.

So you think we didn't exceed expectations 2 years ago.

hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard 

do you think burnley would put so little effort in like we did today 

they wouldnt thats why they are where they are now through sheer hard work.

If leicester put as much effort in we would be top of the table again.

Our players have become complacent with where they are.

Its not puels fault.

• Like 1

I have never questioned the managers position at the club, whoever that may be. Since Pearson's second stint the owners haven't put one foot wrong. In terms of the managers and they have my full confidence once again to do the right thing with Puel.

We have one regular goalscorer and one regular creator, Puel can only do so much with an ageing and disappointing squad, I’m getting more frustrated but another manager is only going to suffer from the same issues.

• Like 1

In for me. Absolute no brainer. But I'm not voting in the poll. Surely as a fan base we have not become so entitled that we have to have one of these things every time we lose a game? We are 8th in the leauge and have won 2 out of our last 3. We are leicester city not Barcelona.

You start to think about sacking a manager after 4 defeats on the spin and when you can see the players are not putting it in for him. Not now.

The owners clearly felt he was the right man when they gave him a 3 year contract a few months ago what do you honestly think they have seen in his time here that will have changed their minds? Baring in mind they would have known all about his style of football when they hired him.

• Like 1