Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Puel In or Out - A simple Poll

Puel In or Out?  

707 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

Just now, StevieB said:

I've said this in a few posts on twitter and Facebook except i think we could loose Vardy, Ndidi, Kasper, Mahrez, Mcguire and those out on loan already Slimani, Musa, King and the little french fella lol.  With how this season is going with poor performances looking likely people are going to want to go. 

We didn't lose any of them after last season, which was an order of magnitude worse than this. Your assertion that it's "looking likely" is based on what?

4 hours ago, ceebeefox said:

Out. Put yourself in the dressing room listening to him! Would he stir you up?,excite you?, could you even understand what he wants from you? We are playing like it's a no to all those points. We have had 6 or 7 seasons of exciting football ( ignoring the title season I don't expect that ) win or lose we got at teams got shots away made us get off our seats, it's gone and we are boring Jamie Vardy out of the club if we're not careful ( and in this system he shouldn't be centre forward ). How would Klopp play us? an energetic 433 for a start and we could be that. It's a simple game GET MEN IN THE BOX.

How the fcvk would you even know?

33 minutes ago, StevieB said:

I've said this in a few posts on twitter and Facebook except i think we could loose Vardy, Ndidi, Kasper, Mahrez, Mcguire and those out on loan already Slimani, Musa, King and the little french fella lol.  With how this season is going with poor performances looking likely people are going to want to go. 

since when has a team that finished in the top half ever lost 9 players, some of them very key players lol?

Of the first 5 you mention, only Mahrez is the obvious one that will probably leave.

3 hours ago, She blew it all away. said:

Saints fan here, Puel was hounded out of Lyon literally by a huge mob, the style of play is simply not suitable for the PL..and he will not change.

You are a vibrant side with terrific support and great players, yet he will do for you.

Thanks for posting.

43 minutes ago, Beechey said:

We didn't lose any of them after last season, which was an order of magnitude worse than this. Your assertion that it's "looking likely" is based on what?

Vardy's gotta be pissed off, can you not agree with that?

TBF he's scored a few goals recently which given the (Lack of) service is quite amazing, he's being stranded, which results in him being everywhere but where he supposed to be.

It's frustrating to watch it can only be more frustrating to be him.

IF a club comes in for him he'll be massively tempted to go I think.

Going back to the question you've asked, answering the question for him because I agree with him, I think we could lose some of our quality, although I think we'll be left with deadwood that we desperately need to offload;

Ndidi - I can see clubs sniffing round him.

Kasper - Can't see who'd be interested in him based on this season.

Mahrez - I'm still 50/50 on if he'll leave - based on questioning who's going to pay what we want for him, but given the chance he's off.

Maguire - I think the young lad's got his head screwed on and can learn from John Stones' mistakes, hopefully he see's that another year with us would do him good, but again if a club come's sniffing he could well be tempted, especially playing in a shite defence alongside Wes 'The Lump' Morgan - He must be thinking "Fuck this"

Slimani - We'll be lumbered with him again, how can a club signing him based on 15 minutes (So far).

Musa - If CSKA can get him for the right price he'll be gone - Which is best for all parties.

King - Must be enjoying playing again, he's not going to play here.

Edited by Matt

who is Vardy going to at his age and for the fee we would demand? no one better then us, he is the main man at the 7th or 8th best club in the league and none of the top 6 are going to sign him as their main striker, Vardy had his chance to leave and didn't take it

21 hours ago, Beechey said:

Why make the poll directly after a loss? You'd get better results to leave it a day or two before asking. In, let him bring his players in and see how we do next season.

What makes anyone think another manager would drastically improve a team that's been somewhat under performing (or at least hit an miss) for almost two seasons?

Excactly this let's see him bring in his players . And style . He's steadied the ship now let him have some sailing time. 

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Why do people assume that a manager's public appearance with the media is the same as his private? Puel seems pretty animated on the sidelines at times and I imagine he'll have a go at them when required. To the outside, Pearson was viewed as a nutter yet virtually all players who've played under him say he's much calmer and laid-back behind the scenes.

It's not done much good so far.

• Like 1

Puel in

The football I find boring is 20% possession everyone behind the ball and hoofing up to Vardy to chase. We don't want to be Burnley- we can play better football than that and I think Puel is the man to start building that style here.

• Like 2

Yesterday on the rare occasions we sped up the passing and played purposeful first time passes we stretched Newcastle, we forced them to adjust and react to things and pulled players out of position, doing that makes things happen. If it is Puel who is discouraging that in favour of sideways balls (not always the passing players fault if there is no movement ahead of him) then he needs to go, it's becoming a pattern that we have a go for the last ten minutes after wasting 80. 

I asked ten people last night if Newcastle don't get bought out this summer and Benitez is frustrated with his transfer funds then should we make an approach for him to takeover from Puel and nine said yes (the other was a copper who hadn't heard of either of them). 

He is all about organisation and planning but given money he could couple that with some fluency up top and a consistent policy to get upfield with a bit of tempo.

3 hours ago, Wookie said:

It's frustrating but what manager could we appoint that is going to play 'exciting football' and get results? Our track record of appointing managers is actually very poor despite them being successful. Under the Thais we've appointed Sousa because he was a name despite him not suiting the club at all, we replaced him with his predecessor so that wasn't exactly an imaginative appointment. After Pearson was sacked we appointed a bloke that applied for the job and objectively looked a poor appointment. After Ranieri was sacked we searched far and wide to replace him with his errr, assistant manager. Shakey was subsequently sacked and we replaced him with a manager that had been sacked after his first season in England. Our board don't have the footballing intelligence or desire to pluck a manager out of Europe. 

Furthermore, the PL merry go round this season has seen changes like Puel for Pellegrino, Pellegrino for Mark Hughes, Pulis for Pardew, Koeman for Allardyce and Bilic for Moyes. Considering we can't appoint anybody that hasn't managed against us before sacking Puel would be very short sighted. The only manager that wouldn't be a sickening appointment would be Marco Silva but he can't be trusted as far as you could throw him. Another manager is still going to face issues like playing defensive minded sides - it's not as if we've had lots of opportunities to break quickly against Newcastle, Bournemouth and Stoke at home because they've mostly had 10 behind the ball. The make up of the squad is unbalanced we've got ageing title winners and inconsistent youngsters, the squad needs overhauling and sacking a manger only makes things more uncertain. 

One of our biggest issues is that we have essentially one scorer and one creator, in the summer we'll lose Mahrez but if we replace him with a similar but slightly worse player but sign an inventive attacking midfielder as well as a competent offensive RB we suddenly have a more rounded team. Whether Puel's here or not the squad needs overhauling and his record in the transfer market is quite good so he needs to be given the summer.

Best post on this topic,and management scene.

Best read this Sunday,shame no page 3 girl,just to top it off

• Like 1

Think he has a more cautious approach towards games, as opposed to the 2015/2016 season where the team played fearless and it hugely paid off under Ranieri.

The style-of-play needs more power to it.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

11 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Think he has a more cautious approach towards games, as opposed to the 2015/2016 season where the team played fearless and it hugely paid off under Ranieri.

The style-of-play needs more power to it.

We were cautious in 15/16, it's just that then we were able to hit teams on the break because they over committed, we don't have that luxury nowadays.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2018 at 19:18, Legend_in_blue said:

Puel in.

Certain players out - they don't have the hunger for it anymore.  Clearly they see Europa League as second rate.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if deep down the club didn't want to qualify for the Europa League. I might be considered mad for suggesting it. 

11 hours ago, lgfualol said:

We can make more than 2 passes in a row without hoofing it out of play or straight to the other team? 

meh, if anything we look even more impotent and prostrate now, taking 60 seconds to work it to chilwell, albrighton or mahrez our wide, who then hit the first defender.

On 4/7/2018 at 19:01, martyn said:

The "new manager bounce" is a lazy cliche, which happens occasionally but shouldn't be assumed as a reality to discredit those results and only take into account what happens later.

We were 18th when he arrived, 8th now.

I'm not a fan of how it's going at the minute and there are definite reservations over the recent performances, but, I'm of the belief that Puel deserves a transfer window to get "his players". We are at a crossroads in our evolution as a club and he deserves backing at least for the moment.

Listening to the mouth breathers on Radio Leicester after the match you would think Shakespeare was Guardiola. A Shakey team wouldn't have lost to Newcastle at home apparently.

I must have a hazy memory of the Shakey teams who lucked out getting away draws at Bournemouth and Huddersfield and made them look like Barcelona in the process. The man whose game plan was do what Ranieri did and have no ideas of his own and the man who completely lost the plot against Tottenham at home. I'm still convinced Shakey was always going to bring Iheanacho on in the first game of the season regardless and it was a terrible decision to bring him on for a midfielder on 83 mins when 3-2 up away at Arsenal. 

The performance yesterday was abysmal and I won't defend it but we have won our last two away games and I won't criticise us for the home games against Stoke, Bournemouth and Swansea as we dominated those games and did enough to win all three but hey ho.

Puel is highly regarded and experienced. It would be stupid to not all ow him to stamp his mark on the team after taking us to 8th place after we were left in the relegation zone under Shakey. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1