Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I know the sarcasm, but tell me that isn't the best way to set up our current squad.

Anything that plays wingers means playing 2 of Albrighton, Diabate, Gray and Ghezzal, probably means dropping Iheanacho and also means having Ricardo and Chilwell as fullbacks, limiting their attacking potential.

I totally agree and posted the exact same formation and players yesterday, but why haven't we seen any evidence of Puel trying this formation out in pre-season?

My argument was that we were missing CB's in pre-season to try it, but I think that's clutching at straws tbh and I think we would have seen evidence that he was planning this switch, with us lining up that way in a game or two. I think Puel just prefers 4 at the back and will not change that stance, even though it gets our best 11 out there and also plays to many of their strengths, i.e Maguire, Chilwell and Ricardo to name just a few

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

We're not getting a winger are we? 

It's going to be tough to watch, relying on Albrighton, The Gazzelle, Diabate and Gray. The latter is going to have to step up big time. 

We look strong in most positions now should we manage to get Soyuncu but on the wings, I don't rate any of our options. I can only think Puel isn't planning on using wingers as much, as he does like his wing backs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

We look strong in most positions now should we manage to get Soyuncu but on the wings, I don't rate any of our options. I can only think Puel isn't planning on using wingers as much, as he does like his wing backs.

More creativity from everywhere. Vardy gonna need an extra set of legs to convert all the chances we’re gonna create. Mahrez who?

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

We're not getting a winger are we? 

It's going to be tough to watch, relying on Albrighton, The Gazzelle, Diabate and Gray. The latter is going to have to step up big time. 

Doesn't look like it. True, it really is time for Gray to shine. And we need Chilwell and Ricardo to have a good season as it looks like they will be our width.  If we play either a diamond or 3 at the back they are both going to see a lot of the ball.

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

Doesn't look like it. True, it really is time for Gray to shine. And we need Chilwell and Ricardo to have a good season as it looks like they will be our width.  If we play either a diamond or 3 at the back they are both going to see a lot of the ball.

..and Maddison to stay fit as he is going to be such an important player for us, in breaking down teams.

I think we will be very solid in defence and midfield, but could struggle to unlock defences. Big season needed by Gray for sure!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Would rather a diamond or 3 at the back as I think it suits the squad we have but I think we'll end up with the 4231 we've been playing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Would rather a diamond or 3 at the back as I think it suits the squad we have but I think we'll end up with the 4231 we've been playing. 

Agreed, which means Iheanacho will drop to the bench for Vardy and Soyuncu will have to make do with the bench. I really hope Puel surprises us though and at least tries 3 at the back

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

Honestly, I'd take Patrick Roberts. I see Huddersfield want him loan. He'll never play at Man City, so loan with a view to a permanent deal would be great.

We're not signing Hazard or Quincy, so why not. Lad has got bags of quality.

Yes to this. The boy has real talent and wouldn't expect to walk into our starting 11. Think he would be a great option to have in the squad. Gone completely quiet on a move for him though and very unlikely now.  

50 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I actually think we'll be going into the season with Albrighton as the back up right wing back, Gray as the 3rd/4th choice striker, Diabate in the development squad and Ghezzal on the bench ready to change formations.

With the signings of Benkovic and Soyuncu (need to get a chivvy on) I honestly think 3-4-1-2 is the best bet.

Kasper

Soyuncu Evans Maguire

Pereira---- Ndidi Silva ----Chilwell

Maddison

Iheanacho Vardy

Bench of Ward, Albrighton, Benkovic, Fuchs, Choudhury, Ghezzal, Gray.

I'm fine with that.

It's bored me this obsession with us playing three at the back but assuming Maguire stays it does give us an opportunity to get our best players on the pitch in positions that suit them. 

We could possibly drop Iheanacho to be replaced by a midfielder in tougher games, we'll see I suppose but with the lack of wingers it does make sense. 

38 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

..and Maddison to stay fit as he is going to be such an important player for us, in breaking down teams.

I think we will be very solid in defence and midfield, but could struggle to unlock defences. Big season needed by Gray for sure!

Yeah Maddison looks like he's going to be key. Hoping he will be one of the signings of the season for any side. We may have got an absolute gem there. Plus if the young players we have do well this season and play a lot of games it will only make us more attractive to other young players going forward and that's always going to be our best chance of progress. Future is looking bright. Can't wait for the game tomorrow. 

On 09/08/2018 at 16:38, Harry96 said:

Still annoyed we didn’t try for shaqiri such a low risk at that price too

How do you know we didn't? It's entirely feasible we did, but hardly surprising he'd choose Liverpool over Leicester if so.

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 16:38, Harry96 said:

Still annoyed we didn’t try for shaqiri such a low risk at that price too

Not a chance with Liverpool interested.

6 minutes ago, danny2997 said:

With the summer window over, shouldn't this be closed? 

Lol

do you really not have anything better to do with your time than be concerned about threads still being open?

48 minutes ago, MPH said:

Lol

do you really not have anything better to do with your time than be concerned about threads still being open?

Right so where do we start:

1. 100 times more posts than me. 

2. Picks fights with people you don't know online. 

Anything else?