Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

1 minute ago, Silva Fox said:

Where has that come from?

Hazard says he's ain't moving, no links to anyone else (exceptt the young Croat and a load of dogshit), our track record in the last few days of a window speaks for itself, plus we still have shed loads of deadwood and wage issues. 

Edited by SecretPro

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Was pretty clear it was a weak link and thought it unlikely to happen.

To be fair that’s the impression I got at the time, save that we were going to try?

Do you think we’re done then, in terms of forwards & wise players?

8 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

To be fair that’s the impression I got at the time, save that we were going to try?

Do you think we’re done then, in terms of forwards & wise players?

Hope so.  We don't want any more of them!

965701647_download(3).jpeg.eab45c3fe7c8dd92dc8a3d0ed2f8675f.jpeg

• Like 1

If we get these 2 centre backs I think you could say that we're done and we couldn't really have any complaints. 

The only downside side is that we've not moved too many on so far but that can change too and would like another attacking option we've not done too badly overall.

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If we get these 2 centre backs I think you could say that we're done and we couldn't really have any complaints. 

The only downside side is that we've not moved too many on so far but that can change too and would like another attacking option we've not done too badly overall.

Can still loan and sell abroad so not that much of a problem, other than getting shafted on price cause they'll know we will want to get them off the books

9 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Presuming the two centrebacks come, we’re literally two quality players away from a scarily good team (CM and winger).

I remember the hype when we first signed Silva. I still think there is a very good player in there. He just needs to adapt to the physicality and pace, something he himself acknowledged. If he can step up this season, then I think we are well set at CM with him and N'didi, and a much improving Choudary and experienced Iborra to cover when needed. 

I think we are one quality winger away from being strong favourites to finish 7th :yesyes:

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I remember the hype when we first signed Silva. I still think there is a very good player in there. He just needs to adapt to the physicality and pace, something he himself acknowledged. If he can step up this season, then I think we are well set at CM with him and N'didi, and a much improving Choudary and experienced Iborra to cover when needed. 

I think we are one quality winger away from being strong favourites to finish 7th :yesyes:

Agree with this, Silva shown Glimpses of real quality at times last season. I just hope he can produce that quality on a consistent basis week in week out.

After banking the Mahrez & Musa money, and more to come hopefully from Slim, Kingy, Simmo et al, we’ll have spent less than most even if both CBs sign.

Call me greedy if you like but I still want @themightyfin‘s ‘big name’. Ziyech or Hazard if Puel is really thinking of 352/343 (which I doubt), Bailey or Hazard if it’s the more likely 4231. 

Any news @themightyfin?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

After banking the Mahrez & Musa money, and more to come hopefully from Slim, Kingy, Simmo et al, we’ll have spent less than most even if both CBs sign.

Call me greedy if you like but I still want @themightyfin‘s ‘big name’. Ziyech or Hazard if Puel is really thinking of 352/343 (which I doubt), Bailey or Hazard if it’s the more likely 4231. 

Any news @themightyfin?

This should be interesting... :ph34r:

I wonder if this time tomorrow, we're all content, as business has been done, we've filled and strengthened where we need it, and we can push on this season with optimism that once everyone gets to know each other that we will be a formidable force to be reckoned with.

Alternatively that we can barely see the screen for tears, and any thought of European qualification is a distant memory, and we look forward to a scrap at the bottom of the league bin hoping not to fall into the Championship black hole, and that another 3 weeks will crawl by as we beg for a Championship or European league to take away our rejects. #PuelOut

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Any news @themightyfin?

It's not even greedy. If we're sticking to the same system, it's arguably a necessity.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

I wonder if this time tomorrow, we're all content, as business has been done, we've filled and strengthened where we need it, and we can push on this season with optimism that once everyone gets to know each other that we will be a formidable force to be reckoned with.

Alternatively that we can barely see the screen for tears, and any thought of European qualification is a distant memory, and we look forward to a scrap at the bottom of the league bin hoping not to fall into the Championship black hole, and that another 3 weeks will crawl by as we beg for a Championship or European league to take away our rejects. #PuelOut

I'm quite happy for who we have got so far. Don't get me wrong i would have liked a bigger name/more proven player for Mahrez's position, but i dont know anything about the player we have brought in and my only opinion on him is from the videos and comments being shown on here. Since he has signed and i have investigated further he doesn't seem that bad and has potential. 

Now, if we can get at least one of these 2 guys we are heavily linked with right now, i would say this window has been a great success. 

All optimism for me and cant wait till Friday night when we kick off against Man Utd, am actually getting quite excited about it now :D