Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

I know we're feeling a bit placated with news of the 2 young centre halves, but I'm still concerned we haven't signed a wide man of genuine quality if we are definitely going 4-2-3-1.

Think it could be the difference between challenging for the top 8 or languishing in the bottom half.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

Really good window if these two CBs come in. Icing on the cake would be a wide player (for 3-5-2) or attacking player (for 4-2-3-1) in on loan with view to permanent deal. Chadli, Roberts, zinchenko, joao Mario, alcacer, gomes, rose. Any of them would give us that extra bit of quality required. 

I'd barely be able to contain my excitement if we got a decent winger in. If not, despite how excited I would be about bringing in some real prospects and a top drawer right back, I'd still feel very nervous of the season ahead.

We have managed to get a decent back up keeper, got a number 10 that we have been crying out for for years and if these 2 defenders do sign today we have massively strengthened our defence, not just for now, but for the future.

The one signing that is missing is the quality wide player (not got a good feeling about Ghezzal) Lets hope something happens before 17.00 today

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WestLothianFox said:

We have managed to get a decent back up keeper, got a number 10 that we have been crying out for for years and if these 2 defenders do sign today we have massively strengthened our defence, not just for now, but for the future.

The one signing that is missing is the quality wide player (not got a good feeling about Ghezzal) Lets hope something happens before 17.00 today

Hazard/Zaha/Bailey/Rashford 4pm signing? 

At least this year I can say "Ah well" and order another pint rather being sat outside at midnight, 7 gins in, refreshing the page and hoping for last minute dispensations for paperwork.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, manders86 said:

I know we are overloaded with centre mids, can't shake the feeling that Loftus-Cheek could be available and is miles ahead of what we've got. Wish it was easier to get rid of some of the Unneeded players 

We can still shift some of our unneeded players on loan to the Championship before the end of August. It's a gamble to bring in for example a CM in the hope that that will happen, but it still is a viable option as we look to upgrade and clear out too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mikey54 said:

No doubt I’ll be shot down in flames for this, but I think Michail Antonio (West Ham) is worth a punt

I was just about to post exactly this. Good player, would be well worth a punt, particularly if we could get him on loan. SSN saying he might be off to Palace though.

24 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

So we are actually going to go with Albrighton, Gray, Diabate and Ghezzal as our wingers for the season... :blink:

It is rather bizarre given the Mahrez loss and the quality of the other signings. We seem to have got just about everything but missing the keystone.

• Like 1