Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

On 25/07/2018 at 19:39, Abrasive fox said:

Heard that we are in for leon bailey, when i heard i was a bit like 'no chance' but the person who i trust was like you might be suprised with this one.

Will see - will cost a fortune and it would take a job persuading him but he's a hell of a player. I'd take a year of him before he joins the big boys.

I don't suppose you've heard anything to add to this? 

There is "concrete" interest in him from a PL club. http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11463059/leon-bailey-says-there-is-concrete-interest-in-him-amid-premier-league-links

He said his focus is "improving himself as a player", he is only 20 and would get guaranteed game time here. 

I'm asking more in hope than expectation.

So we’ve had hints from ITKs that we’re in for Leon Bailey and that we might be in for Thorgan Hazard, but there’s been nothing in the (reliable) press linking is to either recently. Nothing at all linking us to Ziyech. 

Unless he’s @themightyfin‘s ‘big name’?

Am I the only one worried that as we stand we’re in danger of asking too much of Maddison?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

So we’ve had hints from ITKs that we’re in for Leon Bailey and that we might be in for Thorgan Hazard, but there’s been nothing in the (reliable) press linking is to either recently. Nothing at all linking us to Ziyech. 

Am I the only one worried that as we stand we’re in danger of asking too much of Maddison?

Not sure... I hope not! We have upgraded in with Ricardo too who looked great the other day. Plus Nacho is in a much better place now, as is Silva. It does sound like Ghezzel will have a few goals in him too. I like to think we will be much better balanced. 

6 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Bailey is the big name that I think themightyfin is likely referring to, but It's still unlikely.

If we hadn't signed Rachid, then I would be convinced we were going to sign another winger before the window shuts. I have a horrible feeling that Rachid is the only winger coming in though and I think that puts a lot of pressure on Maddison to stay fit and produce every week for us. It also means that Gray is going to really have to have his break through year with us this season, otherwise I think we will be well short of any aspirations for a 6th/7th spot finish.

themightyfin says we are in talks with Hazard though... but I'm not sure I'm buying into that one considering he is back at training today and with only 48 hours of our window remaining. 

We also haven't sorted out our attacking options yet, as with Ulloa and Slimani set to leave, are we really relying on Okazaki to be our 3rd choice striker? If Vardy and Iheanacho have any kind of lay-off... he is our starting no.9? Scary! 

It's not all doom and gloom though, and we are only 1-2 signings away from having a very good window. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Not sure... I hope not! We have upgraded in with Ricardo too who looked great the other day. Plus Nacho is in a much better place now, as is Silva. It does sound like Ghezzel will have a few goals in him too. I like to think we will be much better balanced. 

His first season at PL level, given the #10 shirt, told to take all set pieces, etc etc.

Having seen Diabate run up blind alleys countless times in pre-season I don’t expect much from him. Actually think a loan to a Championship club would do him good. 

Gray remains Mr Frustrating but he’d be in my match day squad every time, as would Albrighton. 

Ghezzal I’m worried by too. So many Monaco fans calling him ‘worst player ever’ etc.

Think we need more creativity & goals from a wide player. Hazard it’d be for me, loan Diabate out, ship out Leo & Slim...

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Bailey is the big name that I think themightyfin is likely referring to, but It's still unlikely.

If we hadn't signed Rachid, then I would be convinced we were going to sign another winger before the window shuts. I have a horrible feeling that Rachid is the only winger coming in though and I think that puts a lot of pressure on Maddison to stay fit and produce every week for us. It also means that Gray is going to really have to have his break through year with us this season, otherwise I think we will be well short of any aspirations for a 6th/7th spot finish.

themightyfin says we are in talks with Hazard though... but I'm not sure I'm buying into that one considering he is back at training today and with only 48 hours of our window remaining. 

We also haven't sorted out our attacking options yet, as with Ulloa and Slimani set to leave, are we really relying on Okazaki to be our 3rd choice striker? If Vardy and Iheanacho have any kind of lay-off... he is our starting no.9? Scary! 

It's not all doom and gloom though, and we are only 1-2 signings away from having a very good window. 

Happy with Shinji as third choice at both 9 and 10. Won’t be needed often!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

His first season at PL level, given the #10 shirt, told to take all set pieces, etc etc.

Having seen Diabate run up blind alleys countless times in pre-season I don’t expect much from him. Actually think a loan to a Championship club would do him good. 

Gray remains Mr Frustrating but he’d be in my match day squad every time, as would Albrighton. 

Ghezzal I’m worried by too. So many Monaco fans calling him ‘worst player ever’ etc.

Think we need more creativity & goals from a wide player. Hazard it’d be for me, loan Diabate out, ship out Leo & Slim...

Got you. No, I am not worried about him having seen him play. He's clearly looking for those opportunities, in a slightly cocky (but nice) way. 

I am hopeful Ghezzal will turn out 'ok'. Not exceptional, but still someone who can contribute. At the end of the day he played at a higher level before, it must be in there somewhere. Sounds like he made a bad decision going to Monaco, and hopefully Puel can work on his confidence. I would still have preferred to buy another high level replacement for Mahrez, but I do think it's better to spread the quality across the pitch rather than be too reliant on one player. 

• Like 1

Should have had a cheeky bid for Lucas Perez I’m sure he could have done well here. I think if he goes West Ham he will do worse than he did at Arsenal. Wouldn’t be so bad to try a loan for welbeck. He is someone that seems to grab a few goals when needed think he just needs to move from Arsenal.