Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Brighton look nailed on to drop next year if they keep Hughton. This has happened a few times with him - does a very steady job then it all just seems to go pear shaped and his default response to this is to go even more defensive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

You hate Cardiff for our player being a knob and taking a shit penalty?

Pretty much, when you lose in that style, and their fans are divs. Like Watford- Knockaerts fault but don't like them because of it. Must just be bitter.

4 minutes ago, reynard said:

Fully deserved for Brighton, Newcastle got what they deserved, safe in the league and still playing the most boring negative football in the league. Let's see if they come out and try and attack now.

I think if Newcastle HAD gone all out attack, they’d have won this one easily.

Edited by Col city fan

Just now, Col city fan said:

I think if Newcastle HAD gone fill out attack, they’d have won this one easily.

So do I but they don't appear to want to try and play any sort of entertaining football. What have they got to lose? Nothing, set up with 2 banks of 5, ok so its effective but it's anti-football.

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I honestly think we've got to have a disaster season to go down for a long time now.

We've been in the mix at stages of all three of the last seasons.

Ranieri 16/17 - we hadn't scored in the League for nearly 3 months and in relegation zone, KO'd in FA Cup by the Mill

Shakey 17/18 - teetering above relegation zone early on and sacked.

Puel 18/19 - atmosphere toxic, nosedive into relegation form, Vardy not playing, Keepers dad moaning at media.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaspa said:

Ranieri 16/17 - we hadn't scored in the League for nearly 3 months and in relegation zone, KO'd in FA Cup by the Mill

Puel 18/19 - atmosphere toxic, nosedive into relegation form, Vardy not playing, Keepers dad moaning at media.

And yet in all three of them we've ended up safe with weeks left.

You've got to be abysmal to drop these days.

1 minute ago, Jaspa said:

The only serious relegation battle was in 16/17. Shakespeare was sacked in October and we weren't lower than 9th after November. This season, the lowest we've been is 13th and the closest to the bottom three is 8 points. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I really don't know why people want bad teams to go down lol surely we want more crap teams like Huddersfield and Brighton to stay up so we can roll them over most times. We don't need more competition for top 10 places  

Because after years and years of playing shit teams in the championship and league one, we Shouid want to play the best teams in England, in the best league in the world. It adds value to winning games. Especially now we've got a strong squad. I remember when we were relegated to league one and thinking we'll never compete against big/good teams again 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

I think we really could have been in the shit had Puel stayed

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I think we really could have been in the shit had Puel stayed

I don't think we'd have dropped, but we'd have entered the discussion and given we went into 2019 in 7th that is scandalous.

2 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Says more about the players than the leadership IMO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Absolute pricks as well when you go there away. I always end up right next to their fans and, although they are younger, they seem to have no sense of where they've come.

They did have great support in the lower leagues at Maine Road, and rightfully they'll tell you that, but now they're just another club near the top of the league with plastic fans and poor atmosphere.

at least most of their fans are from Manchester  not cockneys etc.