Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Given the tragedy our club faced, the change in managers i think as low as 12th would be considered good enough. I cant fault our team with how things went. Of course i hope we finish 7th but thats unlikely so top 10 would be great.

Next season has to be top 7 IMO.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

at least most of their fans are from Manchester  not cockneys etc.

Grow up in Manchester and you'll know more United fans than City though. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Some great goals today. First the Babel strike and then that first Bournemouth goal is a thing of beauty

Agree, but his celebration was quite filthy..:unsure:

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Bigger clubs always have a bigger following in their own city. It's like comparing Arsenal and Palace (both London based) but Arsenal have a global fan base because they've always been a big club. However as a % of their fan base in London that will be quite low, whereas Palace will be much higher

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Myth. 

I've lived and worked in Manchester - you meet far more reds.

same as liverpool. reds outnumber blues by about 10 to 1 in every walk of life i’ve ever encountered, from primary school to offices to retired folk in boozers. 

people think just because the bigger clubs have fans abroad or in far enough gaffs nobody at home supports them when it’s pretty much the opposite. they have that many fans that they are all over their own cities as well as the country and the world. 

8 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Myth. 

I've lived and worked in Manchester - you meet far more reds.

I’ve lived and worked in Manchester and can count on one hand the amount of United fans I met from there. Don’t think there’s an absolute science to it, it depends where you are in the city. It’s a bit like Birmingham, there’s blue and red strongholds scattered all over Manchester. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we really could have been in the shit had Puel stayed

Even if we'd lost every game (we were bad, but not that bad) we'd still be a point ahead of Cardiff at the moment. We were still doing pretty well on the road when he left, we'd have gotten another win or two minimum and been absolutely fine.

Edited by Mark_w
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Manini said:

I’ve lived and worked in Manchester and can count on one hand the amount of United fans I met from there. Don’t think there’s an absolute science to it, it depends where you are in the city. It’s a bit like Birmingham, there’s blue and red strongholds scattered all over Manchester. 

True- Salford and Trafford are red. Stockport is bluelol

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I hadn't realised Spurs have lost 12 league games this season. Unreal for a club that will probably finish 3rd.

Wow. Didn't realise that was the case. That's incredible. Only one league draw all season - that must be some sort of record? 

8 minutes ago, ren said:

True- Salford and Trafford are red. Stockport is bluelol

Lot of Liverpool fans in Stockport, also one of the only parts of Cheshire that I actually consider to be Manchester anyway. The tram goes there doesn’t it? So still Manchester in my opinion 

Lol at everyone saying Burnley is Man City’s most difficult game of the 3. They are terrible, this will be a walkover.

Absolute nonsense from the pundits considering they play us next and we are a far better team.

• Like 1